Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
themac
Trained
Trained

Re: Maps

Post by themac »

I thought maps have to be shown with a graphics overview of the map so we can already see what we get before starting the download. But I am not yet sure. Tnx anyway, and now me schlabber the Cola while labersülza. Still too hot these days. :)
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

The images of screen shots and map preview are a desired way to display your maps.
But if your like me and dont see these things i rarely bother with such maps on forums.
There is the rules for addons to follow but if they dont follow them the maps dont get into the addons pages http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/Addons and do not get rated
Wrath Sniper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wrath Sniper »

Hi Guys, loved this game for a long time. Finally decided to try map making and I have one that I hope you will like. It's in the Rockies and the scavengers are possibly a bit overkill and the map is totally unique... It ended up being a 5 Player map. Please do let me know what you think. The license is set to allow you to edit but just give me some credit, it's my baby :) Slightly Random dimensions 127 x 226, Sorry my measuring tape was broken...

Anyway, If you are brave enough to try it, I hope you enjoy it :lecture:
Attachments
Savage.jpg
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

Wrath Sniper wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 14:43 [...] Finally decided to try map making and I have one that I hope you will like. [...]
Anyway, If you are brave enough to try it, I hope you enjoy it :lecture:
Please upload your map to our Addons page so that players can test it.
I also suggest that you show us a few screenshots.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Forgon wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 19:02 Please upload your map to our Addons page so that players can test it.
Make sure there are no errors in your maps before adding to addons.
If you upload your map here others can try it out.
Thanks for creative input.
Wrath Sniper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wrath Sniper »

I have edited your four posts into one
Hi, I will do that and put some screen shots together then upload via addons page. I have spent quite a bit of time going over it ensuring that it is bug free
Hi, I have been trying to login to the addons page so I can upload but it does not recognize my account, but I can post? Any help?
It looks like i need to create another account for the addons? Uisng my forum credentials... But even the captcha image and sound is not working... Stuck, cant upload anything yet
Oh, I think I understand. I'm a new user so have restrictions. Currently I have no way of uploading the map.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Wrath Sniper wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 23:24 Oh, I think I understand. I'm a new user so have restrictions. Currently I have no way of uploading the map.
when your past your trial time you can log into addons using your same user name and password for this forum, you should be able to add a file to you posts here to let others use your map.
Wrath Sniper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wrath Sniper »

Cool, no worries, I guess that'll give me more time to improve the map. I had some issues obtaining screen shots as warzone would crash. Found a game recorder that I could make a short video of if you would be ok with that? Because screen shots still an issue for me. I'm working on a more suitable (problem free :roll: ) way of making screen shots
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

screen shots is a key press F10 or something like that it stores them in you folder some place see the wiki.
http://developer.wz2100.net/
Wrath Sniper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wrath Sniper »

Ah got my overlay to take some screen shots of my map called savage :|
Attachments
5.png
4.png
3.png
2.png
1.png
Wrath Sniper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wrath Sniper »

And one more screen shot. This is essentially what my map looks like
Attachments
6.png
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

Judging from the jagged cliffs and angular lakeshores of your screenshots, your terrain needs to be fine-tuned:
The attachment savage_jagged_cliffs.png is no longer available
jagged cliffs on map "Savage"
jagged cliffs on map "Savage"
savage_jagged_cliffs.png (640.88 KiB) Viewed 5077 times
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

angular lakeshore of map "Savage"
angular lakeshore of map "Savage"
savage_angular_lakeshore.png (588.78 KiB) Viewed 5075 times
Besides, your map looks fine. Could you tell us what game versions it is compatible with?

Edit: I am sorry for writing two posts instead of one, but I can somehow not upload two attachments without losing one.
I have observed this problem before, but do not know why it occurs.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Forgon wrote:
Edit: I am sorry for writing two posts instead of one, but I can somehow not upload two attachments without losing one.
I have observed this problem before, but do not know why it occurs.
Others in this thread seem not to have this issue might be good to have a look what your doing or not doing.
Remember upload your images and then place them in line where you need them.
Wrath Sniper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wrath Sniper »

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. I can certainly change those if need be. Some of it was kind of intentional. If there be strategical need for flat surface I will remove them. As for the lake it may not ness be that important, due to it's location I kind of thought of it more like a back yard pool. But I have no problem adjusting features to suit

Version is compatible with 3.2.3

Oh just looking at the editor and the jagged cliff was not intended, the terrain seems to have been reinterpreted... But I have changed that now
Attachments
Jagged Update.jpg
Last edited by Wrath Sniper on 16 Dec 2018, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.