Map: The Battlelands (TBL) V2.0

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Fire Truck
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Map: The Battlelands (TBL) V2.0

Post by Fire Truck »

I remember playing this map back in the day, and it remains one of my favourites. However, there is still much room for improvement.

In addition to what other folks have said, there is much impassible terrain that is not visibly distinctive as impassible. Much of the highway medians, and a good amount of terrain on the sides. Restricting movement is fine, but it should be obvious to the player what is and is not an obstacle. I would recommend removing the impassible terrain in the centre of the highways, as it adds little and is just plain irritating.

It should be noted that the Scavengers do not use the factories or trucks you have provided them, it would be better to replace them with Scavenger factories so that they may produce their own units, and with the Ultimate Scav Mod, their own trucks.
I would also suggest removing some of the Scavenger defences within the base area, the AI often tries to build base buildings in areas with those defences, sometimes losing all of their trucks before ever erecting a factory.
StormWing0
Greenhorn

Post by StormWing0 »

Noticed the bases are a tad cluttered causing the AI to not do anything. Aside from there being too much in the base areas those paths in and out need to be a tad wider. Other than that it's an interesting map. :)
andrewsplatoon01
New user

Post by andrewsplatoon01 »

REZ wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 21:33 Hello,

please do post any comments to my Map The Battlelands (TBL) V2.0 here.

I am looking forward to Your feedback :)

C.U. R.E.Z.
its a very good layout with plenty of action. well thought.
Morgana
Trained
Trained

Post by Morgana »

I think the map is good too, but it has flaws.
1. The starting position of the player and the AI is too small to build the base.
2. The streets are too small to send off some war tanks, it happens that almost 25 get stuck at once.
3. Above and below as well as left and right on the edge of the map are oil fields, which can hardly be reached, only over water which is difficult. to bring the construction vehicles over water remain at a very small distance, so at the wall of the mountain, I miss the almost five to eight construction vehicles that remain on the mountain wall because the way up is too small.
4. the scavengers are too powerful, I need the Nexus tech to take out the scavengers, i have nothing against the scavengers having heavy artillery, but that is so exaggerating.
5. the scavengers with a normal scavenger base, tanks and air, also power and and, the scavenger does not need the alpha base.
6. The Scavenger defense would come from the Collective Tech, MG and Anti-Aircraft Gun and Rocket Launcher.
7. The Ultimate Scavenger mod would have not chance to overrun us because the map is like that.
I paint the images :geek:
for 3.1.5 -> 3.2.3 -> master :lecture: