Skybox

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Re: Skybox

Post by Chojun »

Wars over cans of dog-food.
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Chojun wrote: Wars over cans of dog-food.
* Yup. ;)

* Can foods would be worth their weight in gold & diamonds for the many years it would take to re-establish a sustainable argicultural base. Their would be no problem with morbid obesity - all peeps would be slim & trim.

- RV :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Deus Siddis
Trained
Trained

Post by Deus Siddis »

Let's not forget that the horizon is only red in the desert region. The city has a dark blue and the mountains have a white.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Rman Virgil wrote: * Yup. ;)

* Can foods would be worth their weight in gold & diamonds for the many years it would take to re-establish a sustainable argicultural base. Their would be no problem with morbid obesity - all peeps would be slim & trim.

Are you so sure of that?
I would think the people that are left would start to do cannibalism.
So never say 'all' ;)

Maybe I should do a cannibalism mod to prove you wrong?
I can just see the baba people start to eat one another, and after a bit, they mutate into obese baba's.  Then as this cycle keeps going, they become morbidly obese, until finally, the last one is left, which then goes on a rampage since no organic food is left, but finds a piece of NASDA, eats it, and... whoa.. I almost gave away the ending.  My bad! :D
and it ends here.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Buginator wrote: Are you so sure of that?
I would think the people that are left would start to do cannibalism.
So never say 'all' ;)

Maybe I should do a cannibalism mod to prove you wrong?
I can just see the baba people start to eat one another, and after a bit, they mutate into obese baba's.  Then as this cycle keeps going, they become morbidly obese, until finally, the last one is left, which then goes on a rampage since no organic food is left, but finds a piece of NASDA, eats it, and... whoa.. I almost gave away the ending.  My bad! :D
* Heh... good one. ;)

* But let's get semi-serious for a minute.

* I firmly believe that a good storyteller can make just about anything "believable".

* So if I had decided to take Baba down the road of HG Wells "Morlocks" from the "Time Machine" or G. Lucas' "Jabba the Hut" from "Star Wars" I could do it.

* However, I have deliberately chosen the techniques of Hard Science Fiction ala Heinlein, Asimov, Niven, Pournell, Scheffield, Clement,  A. C. Clark, J.P. Hogan, et al, to carry the WZ narrative foward.

* And this is one of my basic premises visa-vis Baba:

* Unlike the Project, the New Paradigm, the Collective, Nexus & the Mangodai, who all survived the Nuke Holocaust & Winter in underground enclaves specifically designed & built for such a contingency

* Baba survived on the surface

* From that premise much flows in the way of prognosticating via the bio sciences which in-turn shapes the contours of the narrative & its conflicts.

* One of my world-building extentions is the "Scav Seven Nations" which is modeled on the historic "Iroqouis Confederacy" & the life of the Lakota elder Black Elk... These particular Scavs form an alliance with the "Project".

* Besides the "Scav Seven Nations" there are other Baba contingents that are aligned in one way of another with the New Paradigm, Nexus, the Collective & the Mangodai - there are many details but you'll have to visit 2200.

Last edited by Rman Virgil on 26 Jan 2008, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

That is part of my problem.  I don't get serious that often.

I also wonder if Pumpkin had any secret videos of the plight of the baba people? ;)

Sorry for derailing the Skybox thread with jibber-jabber :)
and it ends here.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Buginator wrote:
That is part of my problem.  I don't get serious that often.
* For me it's not a problem. In fact it's at the core of my mojo all the way around & even my mana from heaven for all my proficiences & passions.

* I define humor / comedy as the wonderous, startling, utterly suprising, juxtapositions born out of the collision of truth & pain. Lateral thinking, serious creativity,  innovation, pure joy, epiphanies are just some of its offspring.
I also wonder if Pumpkin had any secret videos of the plight of the baba people? ;)

* Next best thing... They grew up on some of the best film depictions (all British) of a post global holocaust world.

* I'll just site 2:

* "The Day of the Triffids" movie and...

* "Survivors"... A 39 episode (@ 50 min. each) BBC production of the 1970's written by the incomaprable & prolificTerry Nation (Dr. Who, Blake 7, episodes of the Avengers & so on.)

* All produced decades BEFORE Mel Gibson's "Road Warrior"....

* (There are good Wikipedia articles on all the above.)
Sorry for derailing the Skybox thread with jibber-jabber :)
* I totally beg to differ.

* The same set of scientific forecasting criteria that would be used in the depiction of a Post Nuke Holocaust-Winter Sky would be used in the portrayal of Baba-Scav survivors. Exactly. So as far as i'm concerned the topics fall within the same domain & are joined at the hip.

- Cheers, RV :)
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 26 Jan 2008, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo