Different mods, same old prob.

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Different mods, same old prob.

Post by JimmyJack »

I keep having this thing happen with almost every mod I download.

The game loads the mod and starts a game. When the game starts I find that I am at my HQ and everything looks fine then I go to start researching and ... There is no menu on the screen. I can click on a factory and build a truck but I can not build a factory.

I can run the cartoon mod, helicopters mod, hq, propulsion, and VTOL_PAD mods. ALL other mods run with autoload or with the shortcut will have the same prob. No menu. Then it crashes when I quit the game.

I have an HP laptop with an Intel Pentium N3540 Processor running Windows 10.
Transmission ends ...
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Re: Different mods, same old prob.

Post by MIH-XTC »

Sometimes while creating a mod I've seen the type of behavior you're referring to; missing/corrupted menu's.

From my experience that's a clear sign that one of the files in the mod is not being read/loaded correctly but if it's happening with all of your mods then I would verify the problem exists without any mods and if so then reinstall.

If it only happens with mods, and all of them, please post your log file here.
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Re: Different mods, same old prob.

Post by JimmyJack »

It is not with all mods. I gave a list of the ones that it didn't happen with. The only mod I have left that I haven't deleted yet is the NoArty_mod. I have spent all morning trying to get that one to crash again. It wont. Still no menu but it stoped crashing.

Don't you just hate it when you cant get your computer to crash? :lol2:

So I guess my only prob is old mods with outdated files? Is there a way to get a replacement file for the one that is outdated? Assuming, that is, that most of these mods have the same outdated file needing replaced.
Transmission ends ...