[SOLVED] I created a map, how do I upload it to the Addons?

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!

[SOLVED] I created a map, how do I upload it to the Addons?

Postby Doruletz » 15 Jan 2017, 18:05

Title pretty much says it all...
I made my first map, and I think a lot of people might like it.
How do I upload it so you guys can try it???
Last edited by Doruletz on 16 Jan 2017, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
User avatar
Doruletz
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 90
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 06:00
Location: Tennessee, USA

Re: I created a map, how do I upload it to the Addons sectio

Postby Berg » 15 Jan 2017, 22:20

User avatar
Berg
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: 02 Sep 2007, 23:25
Location: Australia

Re: I created a map, how do I upload it to the Addons sectio

Postby Doruletz » 15 Jan 2017, 22:50

Berg wrote:http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/AddonGuide


Yes, Berg, I read all that, I just don't see an upload link in the Addons section.....
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
User avatar
Doruletz
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 90
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 06:00
Location: Tennessee, USA

Re: I created a map, how do I upload it to the Addons sectio

Postby Berg » 15 Jan 2017, 22:56

To log into the addons pages use your forum user name and your password then and only then will the butt5ons or links to add to the system work.
You cant add to the addon system unless you are logged in.

OK Now?????
User avatar
Berg
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: 02 Sep 2007, 23:25
Location: Australia

Re: I created a map, how do I upload it to the Addons sectio

Postby Doruletz » 15 Jan 2017, 23:05

Berg wrote:To log into the addons pages use your forum user name and your password then and only then will the butt5ons or links to add to the system work.
You cant add to the addon system unless you are logged in.

OK Now?????


Got it, thanks.
I logged on before, but for some reason I didn't see the tiny link, which by the way is called "CREATE", not upload or submit...
A bit confusing...
One more question...
Why do they only mention GPL v2+ and not the latest GPL v3, which by the way is more comprehensive and offers even more Freedom of Software guarantees?
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
User avatar
Doruletz
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 90
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 06:00
Location: Tennessee, USA

Re: I created a map, how do I upload it to the Addons sectio

Postby Berg » 15 Jan 2017, 23:24

Put in a request for it to be updated via staff PM or a ticket.
User avatar
Berg
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: 02 Sep 2007, 23:25
Location: Australia

Re: I created a map, how do I upload it to the Addons sectio

Postby Doruletz » 16 Jan 2017, 00:40

Berg wrote:Put in a request for it to be updated via staff PM or a ticket.


And just how do I do that??

I uploaded the map, but it's not yet showing in search, by both name or author. I guess it takes a while???
http://addons.wz2100.net/300

EDIT: Got it, it's up and available for download.
I would very much appreciate your opinion, Berg.
Thanks.
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
User avatar
Doruletz
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 90
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 06:00
Location: Tennessee, USA

Re: [SOLVED] I created a map, how do I upload it to the Addo

Postby Berg » 16 Jan 2017, 01:32

Doruletz wrote:I uploaded the map, but it's not yet showing in search, by both name or author. I guess it takes a while???


All addons have to be approved by reviewers we need to check them for errors so we don't have broken mods and maps for each version
User avatar
Berg
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: 02 Sep 2007, 23:25
Location: Australia

Re: [SOLVED] I created a map, how do I upload it to the Addo

Postby montetank » 16 Jan 2017, 14:42

Doruletz wrote:Title pretty much says it all...
I made my first map, and I think a lot of people might like it.
How do I upload it so you guys can try it???

Step 1: Make a new topic here. For example call it "Doruletz maps"
Step 2: Describe your map if possible
Step 3: upload your map (click on upload attachment)
Step 4: Dont forget to upload a screenshot of the minmap. An ingame screenshot would be very nice (showing the base for example). If the key for screenshots dont work for some reason use fraps.
Step 5: Wait for comments before you upload your map to the addon section (at least 2 weeks)
Step 6: Dont wait for a "thank you". Thats not the tradition here. Ask the development team if you don`t believe me. :lol2:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
User avatar
montetank
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 624
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 00:05
Location: Montenegro

Re: [SOLVED] I created a map, how do I upload it to the Addo

Postby Doruletz » 17 Jan 2017, 05:07

montetank wrote:
Doruletz wrote:Title pretty much says it all...
I made my first map, and I think a lot of people might like it.
How do I upload it so you guys can try it???

Step 1: Make a new topic here. For example call it "Doruletz maps"
Step 2: Describe your map if possible
Step 3: upload your map (click on upload attachment)
Step 4: Dont forget to upload a screenshot of the minmap. An ingame screenshot would be very nice (showing the base for example). If the key for screenshots dont work for some reason use fraps.
Step 5: Wait for comments before you upload your map to the addon section (at least 2 weeks)
Step 6: Dont wait for a "thank you". Thats not the tradition here. Ask the development team if you don`t believe me. :lol2:


@"montetank":
Thank you for your suggestions, montetank.
I already got 3 of my maps approved, and although I'm never waiting for a thank you from anybody, I always welcome one...
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
User avatar
Doruletz
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 90
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 06:00
Location: Tennessee, USA

Re: [SOLVED] I created a map, how do I upload it to the Addo

Postby montetank » 17 Jan 2017, 23:51

I downloaded the maps. Please upload the maps also here in the forum for discussion please. Technically i see no mistakes in the work. Good job for the first maps. (I tested the 2 player map).
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
User avatar
montetank
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 624
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 00:05
Location: Montenegro


Return to Addon discussions

cron