AirBot skirmish AI

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

AirBot skirmish AI

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

AirBot.wz

Git repository: AirBot

Some time ago I released AirBot and suffice to say I did not like how it was then. Now I have updated it to include more control over its research path while not detracting from its intended purpose.

Changes:
1. Makes some basic economic decisions dependent on its oil derrick count.
2. Added the ability to change what it does dependent on the number of oil derricks it owns. It should now become turtle like as it gains more oil derricks. I have not quite perfected this, but it should now focus on defending with hard-points and emplacements or whatever else it chooses. Essentially this means more power is dedicated to defense rather than completely spent on units.
3. Personality AB which focuses on AT rockets. Also all personalities use the mortar group now.
4. It should actively use Nexus turrets and the defense equivalents against its opposition.
5. Better build order than what it used before.

*Still uses the weaponStats I introduced during an earlier release.

Chat commands for the NullBot based family

Did I mention you should have decent air defenses? (this is just an extreme example)
AirBot plasmites.PNG

Special thanks:
NoQ for creating NullBot and subsequently for making AirBot possible.
Per, Duha, aubergine, and Shadow Wolf TJC for their contributions for making NullBot possible and/or aiding in its development.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: AirBot skirmish AI

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Improved when it decides to build something and forces each personality to research a bit further into their specific weapon choice.
Last edited by Berserk Cyborg on 02 Nov 2016, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Updates:
1. Adjusted research path for all sub-personalities so that they actually research defense structures and make defenses.
2. This in turn gets the turtle tactics working like they should (and improves survival when attacked).

I can finally say that I have made airbot a combination of nullbot and Turtle AI (attacks like nullbot, but with the base similar to turtle AI). Being as that is, I think it spares well against the other AI bots better than I expected.

AC uses an assortment of cannon and mortar defenses.
AR uses flamer, mortar, and laser defenses.
AB uses rocket/lancer/tank killer/scourge defenses.
They all share the AA and Nexus Link Tower/EMP-Cannon/EMP-Mortar defenses.

Typical AC AirBot defenses
AirBot AC defense.JPG
I have not found any bugs so as usual:
Last edited by Berserk Cyborg on 02 Nov 2016, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Made some small tweaks since last time. These include giving AB rocket artillery and anti-air rockets. AC and AR were changed slightly, but not too much to notice.

More interesting is the improvements for economic build decisions as well as testing out a fix for defense building where the last(best) defense element would never be built.

I plan on creating a few more sub-personalities since the three I have are not going to get much better without drastic changes. Any suggestions welcome.
Last edited by Berserk Cyborg on 02 Nov 2016, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

Tons of bombs, others with mixture of aircraft. Perhaps more long range artillery as well.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Made two more personalities and they are AM and AG. AM focuses mostly on artillery and AG focuses on machine guns/mortars/scrambler turrets. Also all personalities were somewhat reworked to use some kind of artillery and other minor research updates were made.

I also updated Airbot to use sensor turrets in battle. So now turrets like CB turret/VTOL CB turret /VTOL strike may be used until wide spectrum sensors are researched. This also means those said sensor towers can be built.

Defense updates:
Electronic jammer towers are built around wherever the AI decides and made the defense structure building a lot more intense than the last release.

Edit: Fixed weapon choices/build orders.
Edit 2: More changes that mostly relate to changing the classification of some of the bodies and allowing vtol units to use thermal bodies for more unit diversity.
AirBot.wz
(17.79 KiB) Downloaded 195 times