no maps no fun

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!

no maps no fun

Postby montetank » 22 Aug 2016, 20:21

Where are some new maps/ map makers? Absolutely nothing happend. New maps are the most important thing in the forum. IMO. So-I will take some time, to create 3-4 new maps in clas. style.
Would be nice to know, what kind of maps are needed (how many players). New ideas are welcome.
Attention: I will NOT make flat high oil NTW Maps. Never.


PS: I am now for many years here in the forum. Can someone tell me, what this NTW is standing for? :lol2: O_o
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
User avatar
montetank
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 624
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 00:05
Location: Montenegro

Re: no maps no fun

Postby MIH-XTC » 22 Aug 2016, 21:35

montetank wrote:
PS: I am now for many years here in the forum. Can someone tell me, what this NTW is standing for? :lol2: O_o



Not sure if you're serious about this or not :) . NTW = New Team War. NTW epitomizes the notion of a flat map with all of the oil in your base. NTW refers to the NTW map but also generally refers to any flat map with 30+ oils in your base.

The original Teamwar map was made in 2000 by WCS_Armageddon and was 30 oils. New Teamwar didn't come for many years later, sometime after 2004 I think and the only difference is that it was 40 oils and added terrain dividers (walls) in between the bases. I think 8 generators was max in 1.10 unless a map started off with more. I don't know who made NTW, I think it may have been Delphinio?
Last edited by MIH-XTC on 22 Aug 2016, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 31 Jan 2014, 07:06

Re: no maps no fun

Postby Tzeentch » 22 Aug 2016, 21:51

look at 3 and 4 person chess board for inspiration... also I didn't know what NTW was. Not That Way? Never Trust Water.
More or less grey
User avatar
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 232
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 14:24

Re: no maps no fun

Postby Delphinio » 18 Nov 2016, 11:55

MIH-XTC wrote:The original Teamwar map was made in 2000 by WCS_Armageddon and was 30 oils. New Teamwar didn't come for many years later, sometime after 2004 I think and the only difference is that it was 40 oils and added terrain dividers (walls) in between the bases. I think 8 generators was max in 1.10 unless a map started off with more. I don't know who made NTW, I think it may have been Delphinio?


Teamwar had 20 oils per base, was smaler than NTW and had a few "Mountains" on it.
NTW was completely flat with 30 oils per base, coz 30 was max in v1.10 (not 8 power gen.). It was built by LPC_Actinia!
NTW v2 ist my map with still 30 oils. I built it in 2007 and still for v1.10.
But it wasn't completely flat anymore rather it had this form:
II‾‾‾‾I‾‾‾‾I‾‾‾‾I‾‾‾‾II
II___________II
\\__________///
\\\_________///
III_________III
III_________III
///_________\\\
//__________\\\
II___________II
I__I___I___I__II
Some map pirates toke my map and made 40 oil versions of it.
The most known version is possibly "NTWMax2" ...
User avatar
Delphinio
Art contributor
 
Posts: 446
Joined: 21 Jan 2007, 06:04

Re: no maps no fun

Postby Frogmorton » 17 Dec 2016, 03:44

Still get errors trying to load up my maps. It says it has notified an admin of the issue, but I haven't taken it any further.
Frogmorton
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 46
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 01:27

Re: no maps no fun

Postby vexed » 17 Dec 2016, 06:07

Frogmorton wrote:Still get errors trying to load up my maps. It says it has notified an admin of the issue, but I haven't taken it any further.


Why are you posting that here?
What are you doing exactly?
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
User avatar
vexed
Inactive
Inactive
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: 27 Jul 2010, 02:07

Re: no maps no fun

Postby Guardsman Brendo » 24 Jan 2017, 02:03

montetank wrote:Where are some new maps/ map makers? Absolutely nothing happend. New maps are the most important thing in the forum. IMO. So-I will take some time, to create 3-4 new maps in clas. style.
Would be nice to know, what kind of maps are needed (how many players). New ideas are welcome.
Attention: I will NOT make flat high oil NTW Maps. Never.


PS: I am now for many years here in the forum. Can someone tell me, what this NTW is standing for? :lol2: O_o


I love this game, and would love to make new maps. I have two issues, though. My computer(which can't run any mapmaking stuff) and time(self-explanatory). Sometime in the future, I plan on making maps though.
User avatar
Guardsman Brendo
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 01 Mar 2016, 00:12
Location: Pre-collapse United States


Return to Addon discussions