Shadow's GUI mod

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
xShadow421x
Rookie
Rookie

Shadow's GUI mod

Post by xShadow421x »

*Edit 2016-09-02: Please excuse the multiple changes to the thread/s name/s. I've realized at some point these posts will be archived and as a result, I don't think they can be edited after. I may want to create other GUI mods in the future, so I was thinking to name the first post something more general to reflect the discussion of my GUI modding altogether that way it makes more sense when searching the addon threads, and then dedicate individual posts here in this thread to discuss any GUI mod I make rather than creating unnecessary threads in the forum, since as I said, this will be for discussion & feedback specifically while more official releases can be uploaded to the addons page.
With that said, this first post will be for my first dark UI mod.
- - - - - - -
Greetings!
Would there be any interest in darker UI aesthetics?
I originally started this project for myself when I was bored, but if anyone else likes it, I've made a copy of it as a mod. If anything, share thoughts/opinions.
Let me know if I missed anything. There was a lot of stuff to edit and there's still a lot more left, but as far as I've noticed, most of what you would see should be covered. Whatever is left, I assume is either omitted or yet to be implemented.

▌What is your mod, and what does it do?
This is a GUI modification. It will change the textures and colors of Warzone's current GUI within the limits of what can be modified, to a darker style; a night-theme if you will.

Nothing super fancy, but an overview of what it would look like (*models not included):

Additional preview images here
Spoiler:
▌Installation:
Follow standard mod installation procedure by either placing it in the autoload folder, or desired mod-folder and making the appropriate shortcut to the directory.
Reference: http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/NewFAQ ... Iinstallit

▌NOTE:
• Due to specific changes from 3.1.x to 3.2.x, this mod will not work correctly if you attempt to use it with any version of Warzone below 3.2 builds!
• Currently compatible with any 3.2.x build of Warzone, but be aware this could change in the future.
• Also, use of any other mods that modify similar GUI files may cause a conflict with how the GUI &/or it's images are displayed.

▌CC-0 https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
(Additional restrictions may apply due to reuse of Warzone-2100 assets)
Attachments
0shadowUI_v1.wz
Dark UI for Warzone-2100 v3.2.x
By xShadow421x
(379.55 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
Last edited by xShadow421x on 03 Sep 2016, 04:14, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Morgana
Trained
Trained

Re: Dark UI concept

Post by Morgana »

hello i have my new image for wz 3.2.1 10%. Image

:lecture:

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=582583EF

the mod is gg @xShadow421x give more webons ? or texture. :wink:
I paint the images :geek:
for 3.1.5 -> 3.2.3 -> master :lecture:
xShadow421x
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Dark UI

Post by xShadow421x »

This would be a dark/night scheme for the textures and the GUI in general. So texture modification only; no other additions included for this mod in particular.
ImageImageImageImage
Morgana
Trained
Trained

Re: Dark UI concept

Post by Morgana »

ok dark and night.
my project is (Images-Interface/Frontend/Intfac) paint good or more dark/night.

:lecture:
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=581FBB76

I send my image pn when I'm done to be ready 100% have ok

("sry my english is not perfect")

I Can Form Germany.
I paint the images :geek:
for 3.1.5 -> 3.2.3 -> master :lecture:
xShadow421x
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Dark UI for 3.2

Post by xShadow421x »

Good work, but I'm not entirely sure I understand your intentions.
As you say, there may be a misunderstanding somewhere.

To be clear in general, this thread is for my GUI mod which as of this post, I've released a version of it and edited the first post accordingly (viewtopic.php?f=49&t=12539#p134740) where it can be previewed & downloaded.
ImageImageImageImage
xShadow421x
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Shadow's dark UI mod

Post by xShadow421x »

Greetings!
How is the mod going for the few who have tried it? Are the colors OK? Transparency fine?
If there's any aspect that could use some adjustment or issues needing a fix, be sure to let me know.
ImageImageImageImage