Can I add sensors on my map?

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Frogmorton
Trained
Trained

Can I add sensors on my map?

Post by Frogmorton »

I have a large 4 player map that starts out a little too dark and hidden, given the size of each player's starting base area.
So I thought I would add a few sensors at each player base to help with initial orientation and deployment.
When I compiled and ran it, the map view showed brightened circles around the sensor points, but there were no sensors there.
Are they restricted from inclusion in a base setup?
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Can I add sensors on my map?

Post by NoQ »

Not sure, will have a look when i have time. Custom units at start generally used to work. Probably the new template sync code screws them. Do they work in advanced bases? Anything in the logs?

Also, am i the only one who likes the idea of starting with 2 trucks and 1 sensor in standard low oil 1x1, as a balance decision? Probably turn the sensor tech into an upgrade, preferably a significant one. This allows early scouting and gives you things to do when your have no base to manage. On the other hand, you still won't scout the enemy soon enough to adapt to the build order straightforwardly.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

They would be stripped from non-advanced base starts.

I like the idea of starting with a sensor droid.
Frogmorton
Trained
Trained

Post by Frogmorton »

Ok, they do show up with advanced bases. However I think I like your preference for starting with a sensor unit as well as 2 trucks.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Me, too! And maybe VTOL sensors available later on after the propulsion is researched.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Per wrote:They would be stripped from non-advanced base starts.

Hmm. Nice idea. Never thought about this solution. I will try it with my next map. Its time for a new one :wink:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.