My first map I felt was worth sharing

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Frogmorton
Trained
Trained

My first map I felt was worth sharing

Post by Frogmorton »

I made this map for single player skirmish, as in, that is what I do mostly, and have not tried this with multiple players.
It has a touch of celtic art, maybe not what the landscape purists would prefer, but it gave me good long skirmish sessions, and I made a few tweaks each time I played it, so now I am ready to share it. I will probably clean it up and smooth over the rough bits but I wanted to see if anybody likes it.
Attachments
5c-dragonRanges.wz
(140.05 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
KillerChinchilla69
Trained
Trained

Re: My first map I felt was worth sharing

Post by KillerChinchilla69 »

Cool map design!
Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1N9DDhoAV5EnwuogOI7M1g
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/killerchinchilla69
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Frogmorton wrote:I made this map for single player skirmish, as in, that is what I do mostly, and have not tried this with multiple players.
It has a touch of celtic art, maybe not what the landscape purists would prefer, but it gave me good long skirmish sessions, and I made a few tweaks each time I played it, so now I am ready to share it. I will probably clean it up and smooth over the rough bits but I wanted to see if anybody likes it.
Most important: Its not a boring flat NTW-map :D
Nice work. We usual make a screenshot of the map and minmap. I like the geometrical structure. Very nice. But why is it a 5-player map? 4 player would be better.
The player in the center is not necessary. I would place there a scavenger base. And some more features. But its okay. I like the design. Good work for a first map. Congratulations :)

We have a new map maker XD
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Frogmorton
Trained
Trained

Post by Frogmorton »

Thanx. Yeah, I didn't have any strong inspiration on the centre so I put a base there to fill it up and see how they interacted with the other bases. I think I will explore what I can do with a scavenger base there.
Frogmorton
Trained
Trained

Post by Frogmorton »

Here's an update:
4c-dragonRanges.wz
4 player version of the dragon hills
(148.81 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
, with scavs in the middle area. I have not tried this with Ultimate Scavenger yet, hopefully I will get time for that soon.

Currently the scavengers get overrun by AI oil seekers in no time, so I may need to reduce the oils in the middle, tho it has been a fun hard battle against an AI that got control of the lot them.
Frogmorton
Trained
Trained

Post by Frogmorton »

So... I never did get that map added to the collection. The page always crashes with an error and says something about having notified an administrator, but I don't get past that point.
Is there any interest in getting my map added in there?
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

When you want to add your map to the Addons system please make sure the map is finished I do note you saying you might do this or that through this thread.
Also make sure there are no errors in the map showing in console.
Please read the Addon rules. You have started well by having a discussion in this forum section.
Make sure you use your forum account to log into addons pages.
As for the addons page crashing on you I have no trouble with it what browser are you using?
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

I am curious as well, what part is crashing for you?
After you do what exactly?

I did a quick test, and all seems good here.

Also, why don't you put up screenshots of the maps here?
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

Also, you can use tools "map2png", it very useful, you can find it in folder "tools" coming with sources.