[AI] BoneCrusher! bot player for 3.1.x

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: [AI] BoneCrusher! bot player for 3.1.x

Post by NoQ »

Heh, if only you could attract contributors by merely translating comments (:
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Prot wrote: I repeat, work on the bot is not finished, it is still under WIP.
Do remember every change you make to the addons file for this mod will again need reviewing, so please keep the old one till you have no bugs in the new version if there will be one.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

NoQ wrote:Heh, if only you could attract contributors by merely translating comments (:
I wish this was a fact too.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

As is detailed in that link, there should be NO console spam at all.

"Addons" is meant for a finished product, NOT alpha/beta builds / maps.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

Yeah i got it, before publishing don't forget to disable debug.
I tested many times before publish it, that would be no reason for errors.
But my point here did not understand. Difference maps from the bot, the fact that the map can finish, and bot no. How much I won't try, completed bot call will still be impossible, because it is almost impossible to get him to play as human.
But each of my publication is repeatedly checked for mistakes. Each successive version just gives a bit of a different AI gameplay.

BTW For last holidays (23-26 feb), I wrote from scratch a new bot, all the time are tests it in the small circle of acquaintances.
New version of "BoneCrusher!" coming soon! (This time without debug :lol2:)

2x2 BoneCrusher (Easy+Normal) VS NullBot(Hard+Insane)
https://youtu.be/izZbWTrYpOU
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Prot wrote:2x2 BoneCrusher (Easy+Normal) VS NullBot(Hard+Insane)
https://youtu.be/izZbWTrYpOU
Cool stuff!

Did you try to run this on 3.2 against NullBot3? It's not necessarily playing better though. Also Insane isn't very insane on 3.1, the only advantage it has is pre-built defenses (unlike 3.2, where it's actually cheating power - regardless of the AI actually). How does your AI define "easy" and "medium"?
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

Yeah, i knew that the newer NullBots better old one, but no, i even not try to port/run my bot on 3.2
On the 3.2 has many new, like better JS API and other cool stuff, i think when i finish(emm.. tired) on 3.1 i start from scratch again, because some of the features that would have worked, written so that overload CPU on 3.1. So I think that's a bit pointless to port it, it's easier to write from scratch, and use the functions from 3.2.

For now EASY has some limits, first - is completely random research, it choose from available using Math.random, then limits: 2 factory and one army with 7 droids, 1 cyborg factory and 5 cyborgs, 1 VTOL and 5 jets, only 5 builders, 3 on base, and 2 resource-hunters. I think i also change some timers, to not overload CPU.

On MEDIUM it has no limits for buildings and units if enough money. Two army droids, the first army has from 5-20 units with repair droids, strikes on resources, and makes forays detours, following the algorithm "go to the nearest resource", located on the map resources are usually doing all the work in the direction of the army detours. The second gets at least 10 units, trying to come together again and strike back where just hotter, is based on eventAttacked().

Also i do not known how to set it HARD, if only use cheats, like see through Fog of War аnd in advance to respond to enemy movements, but.. no, it's non-cheat, i hate cheats =))
Better i little bit tweak timers to not overload CPU on MEDIUM, and use full-power on HARD to react.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

Well, I am very surprised, but in version 3.2, the AI plays well. Though there are problems with the cyborg, he would not be able to build it, error "No such component".
Played a few fights against Hard NullBot in standard 3.2 (i do not known witch versions of NB is), and against NullBot 3.04 on maps of Arid and Calamity. BoneСrusher won all time, he leads a very aggressive game for resources, despite the fact that he is not able to collect the barrels of oil and build cyborgs :eek:
Don't even know what to do now, whether to maintain both versions of the game in one code AI. O_o
https://youtu.be/-uyYKZASf04

PS How i can edit first topic in this thread, change include files and rename topic if i need to?
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Very impressive AI!
Prot wrote:Though there are problems with the cyborg, he would not be able to build it, error "No such component".
Taking a look at v0.18 it would be the body component being the problem. Use the "CyborgLightBody" component and cyborg production should work.
Prot wrote: PS How i can edit first topic in this thread, change include files and rename topic if i need to?
Does the edit button not appear on your post? You should be able to edit the topic title and contents, delete/add files and such...
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Prot wrote: Don't even know what to do now, whether to maintain both versions of the game in one code AI. O_o
Use if()s! If performance matters, execute them once when game starts.
Prot wrote: PS How i can edit first topic in this thread, change include files and rename topic if i need to?
You can't after some timeout, i think that's because people added ads retroactively or deleted all posts when rage-quitting, not sure. Moderators suggest to use wiki for all updateable content, and forum for discussions.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13790&p=138851#p138850

Some people are having performance issues.

I see a lot of output in the terminal when playing.
Is the script for writing an AI all russian?// I see all the comments are in russian
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

This bot is no longer being developed. Its sequel bonecrusher2 there in the next topic: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=12758
also with support for version 3.1.5.
And about this topic I think it should be closed and archived.
I see a lot of output in the terminal when playing.
Is the script for writing an AI all russian?// I see all the comments are in russian
Well.. According to my statistics http://wz2100.euphobos.ru/top/, wz2100 is very popular in Russia, because the vast majority of game-hosts from Russia.
And in latest version BoneCrusher 1 and 2 do not spam it terminal anymore.

Btw, soon will start another tournament with prizes, from the Russian-speaking group Championships. All are welcome, even if you don't know Russian.
https://vk.com/wz2016wt
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=13788