Zignaught's Nuke World Balance Collection

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Zignaught_
Greenhorn

Zignaught's Nuke World Balance Collection

Post by Zignaught_ »

I'll be making maps that revolve around the use of nuclear objects in map editor. From small maps to large, low oil to extreme. I'm making this my time killer while I wait for an ISP. Also working on a short story to accompany the map collection. The more positive the feedback, the more maps that will come. Negative feed back isn't a big deal as long as it's constructive so let's start with my first map.

NukeOrgins_NWB

It's a medium oil map, with close quarters. The map isn't very big to encourage a fast paced game. 4 player as I like making most of my maps in a 4 player format. I recommend playing this game with bases, or no bases. I feel advanced bases research boost ruins the excitement of this map, but that's just my opinion. Recommend scavs, as there are 3 machine gun points for scavs at the entrance of each base, or exit if that's your thing.

Images added are from starting with advanced base, without scavs to give you a better idea of how this map looks spacial wise. I don't really like any map below high oil, but this one is fun for me.

Let me know what you think! :lecture:
Attachments
4c-NukeOrgins_NWB.wz
(10.07 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
wz2100-20150407_230824-Nuke_Orgins_NWB-T1.jpg
wz2100-20150407_230816-Nuke_Orgins_NWB-T1.png
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Re: Zignaught's Nuke World Balance Collection

Post by Tzeentch »

Do I get nuclear missiles? :twisted:

the blue stuff stands out from the rest of the scenery. I only like low - medium oil. so less oil and less bright blue for me :)

+ could use more decorations and various hills etc, instead of flat land everywhere
Zignaught_
Greenhorn

Post by Zignaught_ »

I actually think there is a weapons mod that launches missles. But I could be wrong. If you find it let me know!
Zignaught_
Greenhorn

Post by Zignaught_ »

Part II Inlet, an extreme oil map, with resources spread out to be contented with. Just like in real life, an urban envrionment provides little cover, so there are no cliffs to blockade your enemy. Dig in fast, or wipe out quick. The center area offers plenty of resources to contend for and recommend playing this map on low oil option for the best match. Oh, and remember. If you choose to dig in, hover can cross water ;)

Attachments
4c-Inlet_NWB.wz
(24.58 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
ZignaughtxX7PRIDE7Xx,
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Zignaught_ wrote:Part II Inlet, an extreme oil map, with resources spread out to be contented with. Just like in real life, an urban envrionment provides little cover, so there are no cliffs to blockade your enemy. Dig in fast, or wipe out quick. The center area offers plenty of resources to contend for and recommend playing this map on low oil option for the best match. Oh, and remember. If you choose to dig in, hover can cross water ;)
Hello Zignaught. I have a very brief question. Did you test your own map? O_o
Slope 70 without cliffs is unplayable.
PS. Sorry. It is playable with cobra hovers and light weapons. All other units can`t climb up...
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Zignaught_
Greenhorn

Post by Zignaught_ »

I did, and you are right, they are super slow on the slopes. But I kind of liked it that way. Makes you think your factory positions and how you're gonna defend carefully. Of course when I made this map I was playing with people who were on par with me at the time. And we weren't very good. All I did from when I first made it is update the graphics. I can retool the height if you prefer a second version. Thanks Monte.
ZignaughtxX7PRIDE7Xx,
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Zignaught_ wrote:I did, and you are right, they are super slow on the slopes. But I kind of liked it that way. Makes you think your factory positions and how you're gonna defend carefully. Of course when I made this map I was playing with people who were on par with me at the time. And we weren't very good. All I did from when I first made it is update the graphics. I can retool the height if you prefer a second version. Thanks Monte.
Well-the problem is,,,,to give units an order to arrive a point on the map. So, i opend your map just now in Flame and notice, that you are using the rocky-tileset. Why? Isn`t it better to use the urban? Watch at the example. It is just an idea. It`s your map. Go on and don`t hurry :)
Attachments
wz2100-20150410_022808-example-T1.jpg
wz2100-20150410_022808-example-T1.jpg (123.66 KiB) Viewed 5284 times
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Zignaught_
Greenhorn

Post by Zignaught_ »

i like that idea, kind of gives more choke points, and less entrance to be blindsided from. And I because when I try to change to a different tileset it gives me ground that I don't like. If I try to quick change it using the fill option it bombs out all my water. Can I? Sure, but it's just a lot of work for something I consider a hobby! I appreciate the input tho!
ZignaughtxX7PRIDE7Xx,