The Zone of War - Warzone 2100 Campaign Redefined

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Black Project
Regular
Regular

The Zone of War - Warzone 2100 Campaign Redefined

Post by Black Project »

The Zone of War (TZoW for short) is a major gameplay modification for Warzone 2100, bringing the singleplayer campaign mode to a whole new level.

Mod DB Page | Download (Mod DB)

FEATURES:
  • Mission timer removed.
  • Multiplayer's gameplay balance injected into singleplayer with numerous tweaks.
  • All weapons have their maximum range and muzzle velocities increased.
  • All sensors have their spotting range increased.
  • Most weapon projectiles can go astray for much longer distances.
  • Fast-Play mode allows you to use EVERY single weapon, propulsion, body and structure of all campaigns.
  • Almost ALL weapons shall be useful for the entire campaign.
  • Extended variety of weapons that can be mounted on VTOLs.
  • Weapons and bodies in menu design are better organized..
  • The Scrambler Turret (electronic weapon which takes over units) and the NEXUS Plasma Launcher, from the last Gamma mission, can be mounted on a vehicle, when using Debug Mode.
  • Weapon and structure redundancy/replacement are gone. Some examples include the Medium Cannon no longer being replaced by the Hyper Velocity Cannon or all machine guns by the Assault Gun.
  • Enemy AI is upgraded to produce units with more frequency and they'll rarely run out of power.
  • Enemy VTOL air strikes are more common.
As the result of TZoW's listed features above, the campaign mode has become MUCH harder to beat, even without the mission timer.

The mod is, and will only be compatible on 3.1.x versions.

Feedback is appreciated.

Have fun! :twisted:

There are two ways of installing the mod:

1) Extract and place TZoW_v0_1.wz to "mods/autoload", inside of the game's root folder (if the autoload folder doesn't exist, create it).

By using this method, you are unable to play Skirmish/Multiplayer games, it will crash to the desktop.

2) Extract and place TZoW_v0_1.wz to "mods/campaign", inside of the game's root folder. Create a shortcut of the game's .exe file and add --mod_ca=TZoW_v0_1.wz to the target of the shortcut.

Unlike the former method, you can play Skirmish/Multiplayer without crashing to the desktop.
Psionic_Commando
Greenhorn

Re: The Zone of War - Warzone 2100 Campaign Redefined

Post by Psionic_Commando »

The second method does not work in windows 8.1. I've tried multiple different quotations to resolve the issue and it simply doesn't want to work. I'll use method one for now. Thanks for the mod, hate timers with a passion.
Legion
Greenhorn

Post by Legion »

The reason that the second method doesn't work is because the command line prompts the game to load the mod for campaign.

--mod_ca=TZoW_v0_1.wz

should be:

--mod_mp=TZoW_v0_1.wz

Unfortunately, multilim.vlo cannot compile for skirmish games both when I try to modify structure limits and upon starting a game.

I'm using Art Revolution, but I tried without to no avail. Therefore, in its current state, I deem this mod unplayable for skirmish/multiplayer. I had much fun with it in singleplayer, however :)

Screenshot and log report incoming...

EDIT: The game dumps two error messages:

And here is the log report:
--- Starting log [C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Warzone 2100 3.1\logs\WZlog-0506_203322.txt]---
info |08:33:22: [realmain:1145] Using C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Warzone 2100 3.1\logs\WZlog-0506_203322.txt debug file
info |08:33:22: [realmain:1247] mod_mp (TZoW_v0_1.wz) is enabled
error |08:33:29: [scrv_error:893] VLO parse error: Structure Stat A0LasSatCommand not found at line 22, text: 'A0LasSatCommand'
fatal |08:33:29: [dataScriptLoadVals:1072] Script multilim.vlo did not compile
info |08:33:32: [resLoadFile:490] The load function for resource type "SCRIPTVAL" failed for file "multilim.vlo"
info |08:33:32: [resLoadFile:490] Assert in Warzone: frameresource.cpp:490 (false), last script event: '<none>'
fatal |08:33:32: [resLoad:130] Failed to parse wrf/limiter_data.wrf
Attack
New user

Post by Attack »

It looks like mortars are extremely overpowered. They are good even against tracks. In this game mortars do 560 damage while in the original version of the mod they do 105 damage. Mortars are so overpowered that all you need to beat most alpha missions is mortars. Mortars have big damage and huge range.

It's not balanced to have a weapon to have super long range and high burst damage. I think while you were balancing this you looked at dps rather than burst damage and range. In terms of dps, zone of war mortar has a dps increase of 62% over normal mortar and looks okay. But in terms of burst damage and range it is insane.
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

Post by Sonsalt »

Greetings,

Just have started with a new campaign using your mod. Good work, indeed the Mortar is quite strong.

In order to make the game a bit more challenging for me I increased the power output for the scavengers and the enemy AI.

The result is that every level is an insane fight. In the first level alone I killed over 3k enemy units though I lost quite a bit my self.

Regarding the Mortar I have to say since the Enemy is also using artillery and rockets quite a bit it feels less op than I thought.

If you want to try out my changes, you can get them here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o450k1q5bn1cg ... ce.wz?dl=0
Twister22
Trained
Trained

Post by Twister22 »

Legion wrote:The reason that the second method doesn't work is because the command line prompts the game to load the mod for campaign.

--mod_ca=TZoW_v0_1.wz

should be:

--mod_mp=TZoW_v0_1.wz

Unfortunately, multilim.vlo cannot compile for skirmish games both when I try to modify structure limits and upon starting a game.

I'm using Art Revolution, but I tried without to no avail. Therefore, in its current state, I deem this mod unplayable for skirmish/multiplayer. I had much fun with it in singleplayer, however :)

Screenshot and log report incoming...

EDIT: The game dumps two error messages:

And here is the log report:
--- Starting log [C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Warzone 2100 3.1\logs\WZlog-0506_203322.txt]---
info |08:33:22: [realmain:1145] Using C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Warzone 2100 3.1\logs\WZlog-0506_203322.txt debug file
info |08:33:22: [realmain:1247] mod_mp (TZoW_v0_1.wz) is enabled
error |08:33:29: [scrv_error:893] VLO parse error: Structure Stat A0LasSatCommand not found at line 22, text: 'A0LasSatCommand'
fatal |08:33:29: [dataScriptLoadVals:1072] Script multilim.vlo did not compile
info |08:33:32: [resLoadFile:490] The load function for resource type "SCRIPTVAL" failed for file "multilim.vlo"
info |08:33:32: [resLoadFile:490] Assert in Warzone: frameresource.cpp:490 (false), last script event: '<none>'
fatal |08:33:32: [resLoad:130] Failed to parse wrf/limiter_data.wrf
@Legion
Nevermind just don't use this on skirmish it's meant for campaign only
it's like your trying to load base.wz file in the skirmish even though it's meant for campaign only
WZ2120&Nukemod Duo
http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=13527
donate the project!
http://donations.wz2100.net/