shadow98cat's maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
shadow98cat
Greenhorn

shadow98cat's maps

Post by shadow98cat »

Hi,

I made this map based on the Royal Castle from Lords of the Realm 2. I tried make it as close to an exact match as possible. I am just missing the moats for now. When I play, I prefer to build my base from scratch so there are no starting base structures. If anyone is interested, I could add them.

I wanted to have some scavengers, but for now, I didn't want to spend a lot of time on them. I copied their little bases from the DA-towers map found here http://addons.wz2100.net/108 and give credit to duda for them. I did upgrade them a bit because I don't like weak scavengers.

I was hoping that an AI opponent would make good use of the base, but they really didn't use many of the gateways. I played against nullbot on hard and they didn't use hardly any of them. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Well that's all for now, hope you enjoy and give me your feedback. Thanks.
Attachments
2c-RoyalCastlesV2.wz
(52.11 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Last edited by shadow98cat on 09 Aug 2014, 06:28, edited 1 time in total.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: shadow98cat's maps

Post by Rman Virgil »

On v.3.1 the API lacks support for making use of gateways so NullBot doesn't have a way to take note of them. Nothing you can do but prebuild the defenses yourself in FlaMe which is why I did it in my "New Pangaea" which was ok because it was strictly an SP map and not for MP. Granted, with a map intended for MP that choice is not so straight forward. :hmm:
shadow98cat
Greenhorn

Post by shadow98cat »

Thank you for the insight and suggestion. I took your advice and prebuilt a lot of defensive stuff on the upper castle, but not the lower. So if someone wants to give the AI some extra muscle, just choose start with advanced bases. It should still be fine for multiplayer if starting with no bases or normal bases.

That first version I uploaded was kind of rushed, and not truly symmetrical. I uploaded a cleaned up and symmetrical version including the moat. The moat is not very functional, but true to the Royal Castle I based it on.

I am by no means an expert player, but nullbot was quite a bit more challenging when starting them off with so many defenses. It was actually really cool to see it take to the artillery because it sent out a bunch of sensor hovers.

I would really like to make more maps, but haven't gotten much practice with FlaMe yet. Any feedback or suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Would be nice if you added the map preview here unless it looks like an exact copy of DA Towers :wink:
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
shadow98cat
Greenhorn

Post by shadow98cat »

Minimap attached, sorry about that.
Attachments
Minimap preview
Minimap preview
RoyalCastlesV2.PNG (27.44 KiB) Viewed 4196 times
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Cool :)
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.