Beholder's maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
beholder33
Rookie
Rookie

Beholder's maps

Post by beholder33 »

After few tries i managed to understand how flame works and wasted some time around to make 2 maps so far, they are mostly directed to human players but AI manages to do something on them as well. I expect opinion and a feedback, i labeled them under most harsh license but for now feel free to treat them as public domain and eventually customize. Any tips are welcome as i have barely started.

First map is a 4 player rocky mountains tileset with moderate terrain, thin passages in critical locations, strategic hills and plenty of space to roam between them, extra scavengers providing some oil resource included. ( I will try to get some nice pics for ya later on.) I gave each player 6 oil spots to prevent early-mid game mass unit rushes, still in late game collecting oil from scavs and eventually killing one player will held enough oil for such mass unit production
Attachments
4c-Snowstorm.wz
4players 180x180 medium oil scavs gateways no water no adv. bases
(72.94 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Last edited by beholder33 on 31 Mar 2014, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
beholder33
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Beholder's maps

Post by beholder33 »

And the another map is Arizona tileset map, also dedicated to human players. The map consists of two height levels for two players to support each other with artillery emplacements and push the lane up to their two allied enemies. The map is settled for 4 players but making it 8 players by copy-paste is also viable. Although the allied players have a passage connecting them right near the base, the oil resources are divided between lower ground and high ground.

p.s If those two will be rated as "playable" i will most likely continue creating new maps ^^
Attachments
4c-Highroad.wz
Arizona tileset 35x200 medium oil scavs gateways asymmetrical balanced
(19.32 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Last edited by beholder33 on 01 Apr 2014, 04:38, edited 2 times in total.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Hello beholder33. Thanks for the maps. It would be nice, if you attach the minmaps and maybe some screenshots. :-)
And: It exists a 4-player map with the name 4c-Blizzard. Could you give this map another name please?
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
beholder33
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beholder33 »

Changing a map name is no problem, i switched it to Snowstorm (i hope it is not taken) and here are some pics

Here is a Snowstorm's player corner base and his hill in front of the base (other bases look similar but NOT the same, i did all the places without copying)

and a map

And here is the Highroad, the other half of the map looks almost the same (in the sense of player balance)

and a map for it

and thanks monte for pointing out that blizzard name is taken ^^

Edit* : highroad map got a bit tweaked to be more friendly to defensive players (more gateways on the lower section added and a few eye candy features)
Last edited by beholder33 on 01 Apr 2014, 04:36, edited 2 times in total.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

beholder33 wrote: and thanks monte for pointing out that blizzard name is taken ^^
No problem. Can´t find "snowstorm" in my collection of 1100 maps. I will send you the names of the maps. Not the wz-files-only the names...for the future. Or look at the addon-section. For screenshots press F10. The picture will be saved in your documents....

Regards
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

These maps are quite nice tries in map making. Love their design. :)
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
beholder33
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beholder33 »

Two next maps from me are duel maps.

First comes Wolf Pass with a complicated strategic pass in the middle with anti rush scavenger bunkers and few other interesting spots for tactical gameplay.

Attachments
2c-Wolf_Pass.wz
mountains tileset 50x88 2 players low oil scavengers gateways
(12.43 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
beholder33
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beholder33 »

Another duel map is very simple although low oil, forces players to don't send their units to die-rush instead they have to manage their resources with great caution if they want to win.

Attachments
2c-Urban_Melee.wz
urban tileset 45x45 2 players low oil gateways
(7.2 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
beholder33
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beholder33 »

Hi ppl I'm back on track and most likely will add few maps soon (as soon as i will make em dandy) well of course that is if you still don't hate me yet :P So yeah expect some asymetrical yet ballanced maps, and oh i have to fix texture in one place at snowstorm map so i will update its attached file later thx everyone who downloaded and tested the maps and i really REALLY would appreciate reports on found out bugs like missing cliffs or unpassable terrain where it should be, it really helps to create a stable good map, thanks ^^

p.s Gratz Montetank on adding your few maps to addon section i will try em right away hehe
beholder33
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beholder33 »

So here is something for a faster paced game, the map is called Fox Holes and it has 2 versions, with lower and higher oil resources on map, it's up to a player which he choose, i will post both of them and a polished version of snowstorm in which i basically had to fill up one single square of cliff and now it's 99% done i guess (never be sure)

Image in-game looks, not overloaded with features, clear and easy to handle map

ImageFox holes version 1 (lower oil)

Image Fox Holes version 2 (just some more oil)
Attachments
4c-Fox_Holes_v2.wz
same as basic version but with more oil
(9.26 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
4c-Fox_holes.wz
48x48 medium oil, gateways, no water, few anti rush scavs, no adv. bases
(8.75 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
4c-Snowstorm.wz
Polished version 99% bug free from the top of topic :P
(72.83 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Just something to note you can upload files to the forum.
Its better to store them here see upload attachment tap below when editing a post.
So your images will not be deleted if you other web site gets broken.
beholder33
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beholder33 »

Berg wrote:Just something to note you can upload files to the forum.
Its better to store them here see upload attachment tap below when editing a post.
So your images will not be deleted if you other web site gets broken.
Usefull tip thanks.