montetanks`s maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: montetanks`s maps

Post by NoQ »

Well, they don't really look like reflections (anyhow, reflections would rotate along with the camera), but rather like flooded mountains (considering how clean the water is, and the way concrete is flooded as well). In some places cliffs would probably require more work, eg. cliff decals to the west of base 0 are in clearly-wrong direction. Also it seems that the seabed texture is to tily-ish (repeating sand pattern too noticable) to fill large areas.

But overally, not only this is a breakthrough as proof-of-concept tileset, but also you managed to create an awesome heightmap to display the feel of the new tileset. Especially, combined with the new 3.2+ seabed heightmap generator, it gives a great look of a truly "three-dimensional" map (with large height variance, which is something i always dreamed of observing in wz).
Attachments
wz2100-20150124_115944-Flagstaff-T1.jpg
wz2100-20150124_120011-Flagstaff-T1.jpg
wz2100-20150124_120229-Flagstaff-T1.jpg
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Thats what i call constructive criticism. I wish to progress. For that reason, i am very open to usefull criticism
NoQ wrote:Well, they don't really look like reflections (anyhow, reflections would rotate along with the camera), but rather like flooded mountains
The idea with flooded mountains is good, but then the number of the water tiles should be reduced.
NoQ wrote: cliff decals to the west of base 0 are in clearly-wrong direction
You are right and wrong. In our maps the vertikal cliffs at the south and west are light. East and north are dark. So it must be early in the morning and the sun is shining from E/NE. The water as a mirror must show the reflections in the direction to the sun. But i made the fault on the other side. I rotated quarters of the map and forgot to correct the direction :oops:
THAT MUST NOT HAPPEN AGAIN
NoQ wrote:Also it seems that the seabed texture is to tily-ish (repeating sand pattern too noticable) to fill large areas.
Agree-The large areas are not so beautiful and i had to vary more with other tiles. The reason:I was completely finished with the nerves. I change one clifftile to water. Two water to sand and cliffs. Normal tiles to water etc. and i had to proof every tile to make a playable map.
NoQ wrote: awesome map
Far away-but don`t forget, i make maps for a half year. With this map i want to show, that there is something possible with FlaME. It is a pity, that we can`t mix the urban-arizona-Rocky tileset. That would offers us undreamed possibilities. And i miss some new features. Unfortunately, i understand absolutely nothing about computer programming.
Thanks for your response, NoQ :)

Regards
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

It is a pity, that we can`t mix the urban-arizona-Rocky tileset.
With a simple map-mod it's quite easy; just a few extra text files in the archive. But anyway, we still lack a good map format (and a map editor for it).
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

I forgot to say-if you want to play 4c-Flagstaff ( see above), it is better to change your radarmap in game with ctrl+tab
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Hello WZ-Fans,
exactly 2 years ago, i became a member of this forum and I can only recommend it everybody. With my new map STARSCAVS i want to say thanks for the fun i had the last 2 years. Today is Friday the 13th. Let us teach the scavengers a lesson.
It`s a symmetrical 7-player map in correct rotation. We have only 1 or 2 in the addonssection.
6 oils+2trucks/player in the base + 8 oil/player/terrain +9 oils/scavs. (7 around in the outposts+2 in the middle) = 15,3 oil/player. I placed doublepacks of oil to fight for. Advance bases with light/medium defense.
Have fun.

Regards

PS. Forgot to say---you can not land with transporters on the top of the mountains in the water around. Thats only decoration and marked as cliffs
Attachments
advance base at the start
advance base at the start
wz2100-20150214_012931-Starscavs-T1.png (567.32 KiB) Viewed 4960 times
minmap
minmap
starscavs.PNG (464.96 KiB) Viewed 4960 times
7c-Starscavs.wz
(139.61 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

So-i am very proud to present my first strongly asymmetric but absolutely balanced 2-player map.
LuckyLuke. I need 3 trials to win against Nullbot. Its a map for professionals with normal bases. Without bases it is not so strong, but i am sure, you will lose the first game. There are two ways to win against the Dalton Brothers.
Have fun and don`t cheat :)

PS. 2 trucks/base
Attachments
Luckyluke.jpg
Luckyluke.jpg (39.33 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
2c-LuckyLuke.wz
(22.65 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Hello. I know, that many guests are waiting for some new map. The last one was an April Gag. So, i hope to finish next week two maps. An unusual large 3-player map and a 6-player map with splitted bases. Thank you for your patience.
Regards