[3.1.1+] Tower Defense (engine and maps)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: [3.1.1+] Tower Defense (engine and maps)

Post by NoQ »

Updated: now upgrades for enemy armor should work (surrounded them with hackNetOff()).
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Hmm-i saw, that my sensors (cb and normal) was destroyed-not happend earlier. So my shakers where useless-I lost the battle after 70 minutes. Thats the way. I cant survive now over 70 minutes :cry:
In most games i lost after 40 minutes cause of to minimal resources. This Tower Defense is a very nice mod. :)
Want to see more tower defense map-mods in this way-this map is really very strong - like that :D
The idea of this mod is very good-maybe something for the addon-section.
Thanks NoQ

Greetings
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Ah, i wondered why nobody reports the progress ... now i know that's because it's fixed XD
Anyhow, i tried to make a campaign-style td scenario, but run into a blocking issue.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

The enlargement of this Tower Defense mod into a campaign scenario is a great project. (I have read about the problems you show us in this "blocking issue"-link). It is essential for this mod to capture more attention. It is a great pity not to read commends from other WZ-players.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
anonim17465
Trained
Trained

Post by anonim17465 »

Very complicated as for me... I did not survive longer, than 15 minutes (3, 5, 9, 12, 15...) so, each 3 minutes takes me another try...
There is a way to pass it if you will not make any mistakes at all...
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

anonim17465 wrote:Very complicated as for me... I did not survive longer, than 15 minutes (3, 5, 9, 12, 15...) so, each 3 minutes takes me another try...
There is a way to pass it if you will not make any mistakes at all...
It is very tricky to survive longer than 30 minutes. But there is a way. I don`t wish to give away to much :wink:
I like this mod and it would be nice to see more of this map-mods in the future
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Again problems with save-games. Version 3.1.1 (the newest one).
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

I don't know, how you get to play so long on this... :D

I only reach something around 10-15 minutes. I always thought, I'd be an somewhat average player...
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

I must repeat- this tower-defense mod/challenge is a training session. You can`t win here. Survive as long as you can. Ok-it would be nice to see a second oil derrick. I am sure, we will see in the future. It is like the challenge "No place to hide". Nearly impossible to win. Thats not important.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

27 minutes. I can´t survive longer. I destroyed my satellite and both factories for more money. I also destroyed one research facility after 7 minutes for more money. Maybe that was the mistake, because i had to build the research center up again after 10 minutes :augh: The 3 MG-Towers in the right corner was a bad mistake. Absolutely useless. Wasting time and money. A tactical fault. I was in this moment in the red. -180. No chance to build or to research something. And the next wave was my dead, because my command center was ultraviolett and not red :lol2:
Attachments
27 Minuten.png
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I guess this challenge can be made a bit easier.

If you like you can play with numbers in userTimer() function in td_user.js (eg. change the formula for totalValue) and try to find a balanced scenario ;)
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Let us be serious. I like this mod/challenge. Thanks for your time and work you did for our enjoyment. As i said above-it is a trainee session. A very good example, to understand the balance between research an build ( doesn`t matter if units or towers). Very important for all the guys, who are enthuastic in this research,research, research way. I will make a bet: 20% can`t survive longer than 20 minutes. Because they dont want to try.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Hello NoQ-some new idea. Is it possible to make the intervals between the attacks a little bit longer? 10-15 seconds would help very much. Only an idea.
beholder33
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beholder33 »

i'm not an uber pro at exploiting AI weaknesses in warzone so i can't get past 18 minutes but i did some beta research for ya.

1. energy earned from killing enemies should be increased a bit
2. power turbine upgrades should give an extra derrick for the player beside the sole upgrade (i have no idea how hard is to script such thing so it's just a concept)
3. another concept i thought of would be waves of construction trucks that have a mission to build 3 towers under your hq, every faction would have 3 types of trucks, light, mediums and ofc heavies, differing in the types of towers to build by them depending on faction, for example new paradigm would want to build h machinegun hardpoints, collective hpv canon hardpoints and nexus railgun or gauss hardpoints
4. truck ammount limit should be removed, if player has enough spare resources for so many trucks, then why not?
5. i dunno how far is it possible on scripting but a nice idea also would be to add single enemy units with random chance of spawn per wave that restores a bit of hedquarters hp when the unit gets killed, to spice it up a bit in case player would fail to kill it on it's way to hq, the unit could carry more advanced weapon than the others

that's all from me, thanks for the good mod and good luck on improving it :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I think i should restore command center HP after each boss wave (at least partially). Or restore 1% of command center HP for every unit killed. Or something like that.
exploiting AI weaknesses
Well that won't really help here, there's not much of an AI controlling enemies on this mission (they just receive a single order to ATTACK your command center, and that's it).
truck ammount limit should be removed
It's hardcoded.