[3.1.1+] Tower Defense (engine and maps)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: [3.1.1+] Tower Defense (engine and maps)

Post by montetank »

[quote="NoQ"]I think i should restore command center HP after each boss wave (at least partially). Or restore 1% of command center HP for every unit killed. Or something like that.[quote].

1 :)
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Uhm, you seem to have a few mistakes with quoting in that post.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Hesterax wrote:Uhm, you seem to have a few mistakes with quoting in that post.
Yep- but it doesn`t matter. NoQs idea is very good....
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Frogmorton
Trained
Trained

Post by Frogmorton »

Can you post a few hints for some of the stupider people here (no offence intended with 'stupid'; I refer to myself).
Have played WZ for years, and have played a lot of tower defence, so this combines two things I like a lot into something awesome.
However, I cannot get past 14 minutes, and would like to know if the people getting longer play times are using this mod as-is or are they tweaking settings to get further?
Or alternatively am I missing something here, I seem to just run out of power no matter what I try.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

14 minutes is very excellent. The proplem in this mod is the power. Do it, as i told above-destroy all your factories. 3 trucks are enough. Try to make the defense i show in the screenshots. NoQ is working at this mod-to make it more fair. You cant win. Just try to make more as 14 minutes. My record was 31 minutes. Sorry for my english. Nice to see, that someone is playing this mod. This tower defense-mod is one of the greatest mods here in WZ.
Frogmorton
Trained
Trained

Post by Frogmorton »

montetank wrote:Do it, as i told above-destroy all your factories. 3 trucks are enough.
hmm all my trucks are getting destroyed before I get repair dudes out there.
Still trying but just a little more power would make a big difference.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Frogmorton wrote:
montetank wrote:Do it, as i told above-destroy all your factories. 3 trucks are enough.
hmm all my trucks are getting destroyed before I get repair dudes out there.
Still trying but just a little more power would make a big difference.
click on the "hold-position" button and place your trucks far from the enemy fire. When the enemy-wave is over begin to repair. Not earlier. If you dont use the "hold position" button your trucks start to repair automatically and they come under enemy-fire.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

A rebalanced (easier) version of the first map, as planned someday ... You've got a second derrick, creeps receive upgrade layers two times slower, and also you cannot sell your satlink anymore :p

Last time i tried it, i felt it quite balanced - at 40 minutes mark i was still alive, yet still had to make decisions. It should be possible to survive forever with enough practice, i guess.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

excellent NoQ. Thanks :-)
Alarich[BDC]
New user

Post by Alarich[BDC] »

For me it is won the moment it starts :O
Frogmorton
Trained
Trained

Post by Frogmorton »

With 4c-td1_v3 I can now get to 24 minutes, but still do not seem to be able to get any towers with real damage.
Can I tweak the time delay between waves? I'm not getting any build or repair time before pulling out my trucks to stop em all being shot up.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Alarich[BDC] wrote:For me it is won the moment it starts :O
Install as a mod, choose the challenge.
Frogmorton wrote:Can I tweak the time delay between waves? I'm not getting any build or repair time before pulling out my trucks to stop em all being shot up.
You can tweak .js files in /challenges/ as much as you want to alter difficulty or even produce different scenarios, there are quite a lot of comments inside.

But i'd rather say try better, you should be able to hold much longer. Try hiding trucks on hold-position in dead zones, behind towers, or make sure resilient towers (bunkers and cannon hardpoints) are the thing being aimed first, putting trucks and dps towers in the middle.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

NoQ wrote:
Last time i tried it, i felt it quite balanced - at 40 minutes mark i was still alive, yet still had to make decisions. It should be possible to survive forever with enough practice, i guess.
Yes NoQ-The first attempt i was still alive at 45 minutes-but i must quit the game-so now it is enough power to build a third research fac. to research the self-repair and the upgrades for the command center. Tonight i will try to research the cannons instead of the mg, to see the differents. Thanks for your work. :3
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

just tried to fix units don't attack your defense structures, but seems like order DORDER_SCOUT - don't work as it should, causing errors.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

<telepathy>
DORDER_SCOUT should be given a location (x,y), not object, see the docs.
</telepathy>

By the way, why fix?
Is it broken?

Right now droids attack your defenses iff they are passing by and can fire on move. If you set DORDER_SCOUT, they'd wipe your defenses before moving forward, and it won't be much of a tower defense game, though probably interesting.