T1 Balancer 1.0a for 2.0.8rc1

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Delphinio
Art contributor

T1 Balancer 1.0a for 2.0.8rc1

Post by Delphinio »

...and this is done too  ;D
T1 Balancer change a part of the research tree and a few weapons to make (or try) all things usefull.
PS: this mod was already out for 1.10 before kreuvfs rebalancing mod came out for 2.0.7.

gl and hf  ;)
SoS-Delphinio
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

Re: T1 Balancer 1.0a for 2.0.8rc1

Post by Sonsalt »

Great thing

What is this mod balancing by the way ?
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

Sonsalt wrote: Great thing

What is this mod balancing by the way ?
how? what?... ^^, all what more or less bad balanced was  :D

T1 Balancer 1.0a Changes:
http://www.freewebtown.com/warzone2100/ ... 201.0a.htm
Last edited by Delphinio on 11 Nov 2007, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

no windows? take this... its not a installer... so, i hope u know how to activate it.
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

T1 Balancer 1.0a

Mini Rocket Arty > got the same range like Mortar. (like in NTW Mod)

Heavy Laser & Plama Cannon > are useful now (longer range, more damage, good vs Buildings). (like in NTW Mod)

I thought this was a T1 MOD ?

Flamers > shoot during moving, got a bit longer range, are weaker with slower reload time and cost a bit more. good vs: soft Buildings, Bunker, Wheels, Hovers and bad vs: hard Buildings, half Tracks and Tracks (like in NTW Mod)

One of the things I did with these was to take up the burn time and make them have a better AoE, and I think I made them use the Bunker Buster warhead, as for the moving part thats a killer in any MP game.

Nexus Link > shoot during moving and you can build his Tower faster with lower costs (only Nexus Tower). (like in NTW Mod)

Thats nice but if your ever playing multiplayer against someone like me who can use a Truck Army your going to lose a lot of stuff to mass tower spaming in and around your base. I changed the Turrets on these to give the tanks more Armor but a little less range, also did that to the Heavy Lasers to, the problem was not that they were to weak, WTF yes they were, but what really sucked the most was there lack of Armor.

Research Tree > T1 Balancer 1.0a Research Tree Changes

Plasma Cannon Emplacement > got the right Research Menu Icon now. (like in NTW Mod)

VTOL & Cyborg Weapons > VTOL Weapons are not so strong (bombs are a bit better) and Cyborg Weapons are stronger (like the Tank Weapons). Combat Engineer & Cyborg Mechanic do there job better too now. Well you can use them again in Online Games : ). (like in NTW Mod [VTOLs are not like in NTW Mod])

Well one of the things that I disliked in the 1.10 patch of T3 VTOL weapons where that most of them only carried 2-6 bombs, what I did was make them carry up to 50 bomblets and have them thrown out over a wide area, and I did this by giving the target a 20-30% chance of being hit, now each bomblet had less damage, but the effects looked great and made it look more real. I also gave most bombs a burn time of of few seconds, but depending on the weapon it didnt do much in damage while burning. Now when you get to something like the Thermite Bomb I made them have 10 or 20 bomblets with close to 30 seconds of burn time with this doing most of the damage. Now keep in mind some of the things you might target with a 20-30% chance to hit mains that target might stay around for awhile, but everything around it will be toast.

Tank Killer > got a faster reload & a Range like Rail Gun. (like in NTW Mod)

Sounds like you made a baby Scrouge here, also this is moving into T3 tech.

Tiger class, Dragon & Wyvern > Tiger class & Dragon are faster but a bit slower than Python (class). Wyvern is a bit faster than Python. (like in NTW Mod)

I cant recall all the changes I made to these, but I know I took up the armor points and made them faster, plus droped the cost to make down a bit, see in most T3 multiplayer games no one every used any of these for the most part because they cost to damn much to build and took to long, and over all they were a waste of tech, so the idea was to make them user friendly. Oh and dont take this the wrong way I am glad your maing changes, but I gave you a few things to think about.

4nE
I've created "something that kills people." And in that purpose, I was a success. I've done this because, philosophically, I'm sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you, with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.......Hattori Hanzo
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

I thought this was a T1 MOD ?
yes it is just for t1 no bases. u dont know 2-4h t1 ntw games or?
One of the things I did with these was to take up the burn time and make them have a better AoE, and I think I made them use the Bunker Buster warhead, as for the moving part thats a killer in any MP game.
i did this coz nobody use them in multiplayer games... well ive seen them never in a army.
but now can u use them coz: "Flamers > shoot during moving, got a bit longer range".
and they are very good vs bunkers too... like before.
Thats nice but if your ever playing multiplayer against someone like me who can use a Truck Army your going to lose a lot of stuff to mass tower spaming in and around your base. I changed the Turrets on these to give the tanks more Armor but a little less range, also did that to the Heavy Lasers to, the problem was not that they were to weak, WTF yes they were, but what really sucked the most was there lack of Armor.
do u know the rule no half builds?... and heavy laser is not weak in 1.10... its very very strong... plasma cannon too.
but the prob is on a high oil flat map: range to short and they are to heavy.
more damage? hmm... i think thats wrong written.
less damage but a faster reload time... iam not sure ^^... i forgotten it.
lasers are all anti personel that means that they are good vs all buildings and cyborgs but very bad vs tracks.
Well one of the things that I disliked in the 1.10 patch of T3 VTOL weapons where that most of them only carried 2-6 bombs, what I did was make them carry up to 50 bomblets and have them thrown out over a wide area, and I did this by giving the target a 20-30% chance of being hit, now each bomblet had less damage, but the effects looked great and made it look more real. I also gave most bombs a burn time of of few seconds, but depending on the weapon it didnt do much in damage while burning. Now when you get to something like the Thermite Bomb I made them have 10 or 20 bomblets with close to 30 seconds of burn time with this doing most of the damage. Now keep in mind some of the things you might target with a 20-30% chance to hit mains that target might stay around for awhile, but everything around it will be toast.
bombs have a very short range and some are realy heavy... so its easy for aa to destroy them.
i gaved them not more range (that would be not right).
but a bit more damage and they are faster now (a few bombs got less weight).
Sounds like you made a baby Scrouge here, also this is moving into T3 tech.
baby scourge? maybe but the reload time is still slower than lancer.
and as i said... this mod is only for t1 no bases coz u get a creazy research tree otherwise.
I cant recall all the changes I made to these, but I know I took up the armor points and made them faster, plus droped the cost to make down a bit, see in most T3 multiplayer games no one every used any of these for the most part because they cost to damn much to build and took to long, and over all they were a waste of tech, so the idea was to make them user friendly. Oh and dont take this the wrong way I am glad your maing changes, but I gave you a few things to think about.
tiger costs and prod. time are very similar as mantis.
thats not the prob... i think the prob is just the speed (weight).
in a ealier update i did all bodys fast like mantis... but thats stupid.
so, i did the very slow bodys just a bit faster.
maybe they are not much used anyway but more than before.

SoS-Delphinio
Last edited by Delphinio on 14 Nov 2007, 04:00, edited 1 time in total.