New Backgrounds

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Re: New Backgrounds

Post by Hatsjoe »

it was saved in max 9. Do you have any idea how to save in compatible mode ?
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I dont. :(  One way is to download max9.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

Terminator wrote: I dont. :(  One way is to download max9.
A lot of work for a single file :d Have you done anything else in max for wz ? 
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

blender loads just about everything... it may be possible to convert it from max9 to something else without much loss through blender.
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

I don't think the glow effects (which are max specific) will be converted correctly :). If Terminator really wants to open the file he can always download the max trial version from autodesk's website.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Have you done anything else in max for wz ?
Only my wz_logo which you can see at this topic in the begining.
If Terminator really wants to open the file he can always download the max trial version from autodesk's website.
mmm... I started downloading max9 in p2p client(emula or "Doncky"). Its weight almost 4GB(DVD image). I just realy dont know where to find a good free full (not trial) soft like 3dmax, Maya, MS visual C++, ...

& I dont know about max service packs . Is it works without retail application ?

Will this > http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/3 ... t.zip  open that scene ?

Download soft, find crack >  & by happy :)
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

Terminator wrote:
Will this > http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/3 ... t.zip  open that scene ?

Download soft, find crack >  & by happy :)
No it won't, That's just an update to the full version of max9. You'll need the full trial version. To legally open the file.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Any chance you could make the glow effect into an animation? Just create a dozen or so PNG files that become an animation when looped, and I'll look at implementing it in Warzone. That would rock I think.
"Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

Per wrote: Any chance you could make the glow effect into an animation? Just create a dozen or so PNG files that become an animation when looped, and I'll look at implementing it in Warzone. That would rock I think.
Which one do you mean ? Terminator has posted lots :)
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

scince everyones doign their own thing for warzone guess i shoul dshow im not sitting on my but doing nothing.

WORK IN PROGRESS
This scene will take a couple months to model and compile as its being done flly 3d in blender.. and will be usd to make a variety of pictures that ive had planned. might by then get a few logo and screen ideas for use here.. so ill post my progress unless told otherwise.

4 days ago

today

note that nothings been finished modeled or even fully textured.. just going one step at a time.. and as i said this scene will take many months
The scene will be of a truck and that single MG unit setting up a basic base while this massive tech 3 army approaces int he distance with some corny caption ive yet to settle on.

done banners an logos for other people as well so i might squeeze a few of those out if i get an idea or find some time.
-= Dare not meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are crunchy and flavor well with bbq sauce =-

-=Build a man a fire and hes warm for a night. Set a man on fire and hes warm for the rest of his life=-
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Really nice rendering!
Eagerly awaiting the final scene. :)
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

well as stated to get it all modeled and textured it will take me  well over a month. so if an updates about to come out  chances are im not going to make that in time..

and i know its not "ungodly detailed" but i have a desire to actually reamin overly faithfull to the source material.. instead of making buildings an units that people wouldent even be able to recognize...

instead im taking ALOT of screenshots and focusing mainly on he textures of the units and buildings themselves.. and realizing that most the detail is in the texture.. and based off what limited polys they game had back at the time.. and how the textures lay out then building what I feel they had in mind when they made hen  items.

Prime example of this is the roundness of the addon towers for both the research center and the power station when they are clearly square shaped in the game..  reason for this was computers sucked back then.. and needed as few polys as possible..that limitation wasent on the textures though.. and looking at each buildings floor plan texture clearly showed that the building footprint for both add ons were clearly meant to be perfectly round.

As for MY variation of a title logo.. looking into some fonts that might work for use in the scene.. using fonts come out smoother and better looking then trying to trace out the image from scratch in 3D.. so.. give me a few days and well see what i come up with.
-= Dare not meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are crunchy and flavor well with bbq sauce =-

-=Build a man a fire and hes warm for a night. Set a man on fire and hes warm for the rest of his life=-
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

DFStormbringer wrote: using fonts come out smoother and better looking then trying to trace out the image from scratch in 3D.. so.. give me a few days and well see what i come up with.
Terminator 's image looked really crisp and clear me thinks. No need for fonts usage. :)
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Hatsjoe wrote: Terminator 's image looked really crisp and clear me thinks. No need for fonts usage. :)
He probably used 3dmax's ability to extrude text directly. Which 3dmax internally keeps linked to the text and fond so that it can render as much polies as are requested (or if you render in raytrace mode you'll get infinity, although I don't know whether 3dsmax by default has a raytracer capable of rendering entire scenes).

@DFStormbringer: I really love your second rendering, I would also like to see your powerplant ingame some day! The research center still needs some textures though (as you probably know yourself, since you called it a WiP).
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

i dont have 5 grand to buy 3ds max.. if i did i wouldnt be using a crt monitor from 1989