New Backgrounds

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Re: New Backgrounds

Post by DFStormbringer »

what ive managed to come up with so far.. tried a few effects and seemed to make the image too over the top and not exactly usable for the game.. also started out witht he text being green cammo and it just didnt look right for some reason.

wanting to make the resurection work look new and shiny.. problem is i dont have anything inthe image for it to reflect so ill have to find me a nice hdri image or something for it to go off of.

Wanted to comment on my choices of materials...  the rust representing it being an old game thus the resurrection being new and shiny when fixed..
the brick all shot up is to represent alot of the hardpoints and bunkers that get battered inthe game..
The circuitry is something ive been using in the 3d rendering  ive been doing.. knowing that there arent any "humans" in the vehicles its all done as an AI collective.. so ive had the visible spacing between any plating on the units and some buildings be shown as this dark exposed circuitry board to help get the point its a droid across.. and figured it would be a good background for the 2100 part.
-= Dare not meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are crunchy and flavor well with bbq sauce =-

-=Build a man a fire and hes warm for a night. Set a man on fire and hes warm for the rest of his life=-
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

looks good but back texture with shootin holes dont suits with thi s"wight-yellow" metal. as for me.

at the begining of my work I thought about creating a special front for this, but I dont know to make a front( which soft do i need) so that's why I just design it from picture useing simple lines with extrude modiffer.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

Giel wrote: He probably used 3dmax's ability to extrude text directly. Which 3dmax internally keeps linked to the text and fond so that it can render as much polies as are requested (or if you render in raytrace mode you'll get infinity, although I don't know whether 3dsmax by default has a raytracer capable of rendering entire scenes).
I don't think so. I Have the scene on disk and it looks as if he manually traced the original logo to create the text. And afterwards extruded the created spliones. A job well done if you ask me :)

Edit: I replied before reading Terminator's last post sry !!! But atleast i was right.
Is there a warzone font and if so, where can i find it ?
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Is there a warzone font and if so, where can i find it ?
no  I mean that " Is there any soft with front can be created? " How to great front? this will help in future with translations on other languages & alos in 3D modeling:)

Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Hatsjoe wrote: Is there a warzone font and if so, where can i find it ?
No, there is none. Feel free to develop one of your own ;)
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Yes I found  a program pritty nice as for me. >  FontCreator 5.5http://www.high-logic.com/download.html

lav_coyote25 - edited:
sorry to detach the file but cracks are not allowed here. 
Last edited by Kamaze on 21 Jun 2007, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

googeling font creation software.. or doing a similar search at Cnets www.download.com is a great way to find programs..
theres alot of font creation software out there.. just nothing free which is why most quality fonts cost money.
-= Dare not meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are crunchy and flavor well with bbq sauce =-

-=Build a man a fire and hes warm for a night. Set a man on fire and hes warm for the rest of his life=-
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

DFStormbringer wrote: googeling font creation software.. or doing a similar search at Cnets www.download.com is a great way to find programs..
theres alot of font creation software out there.. just nothing free which is why most quality fonts cost money.
if you look beyond the boundaries of foss, you're looking too far... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fontforge