[Campaign 4] Release & Development topic

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Re: [Campaign 4] Development topic

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Take your time, Goth. I'm in no rush to see Campaign 4 completed or Contingency updated to work for version 3.2 builds. :)

By the way, and I'm not sure if you do this over where you live, but here in North Carolina, we tend to apply some salt onto our home's steps to help prevent them from icing over.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Yep, we do indeed ... problem is it's been melting and freezing repeatedly and the salt kinda washes away. This has been a strange winter up here in Michigan, to be sure.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Here's a tip, kids: Always back up important things BEFORE you pass points of no return.

I've lost ALL of the work done after R16. I neglected to make sure that I had things properly backed up before perfoming a routine clean format / reset of my storage drive. I do this twice a year to keep my hard disks fresh and error-free. I'd like to chalk it up to being distracted by the ache of a broken arm, but the fault is mine nonetheless.

So, yeah. Back to the R16 ~ R17 baseline, it seems. At least the fixes are documented, mostly.

*sigh*
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

github would have prevented that loss, and would track all changes to your work so if a bug arises you can see what change caused it.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

I've got a Github for Cam 4 but I've never been able to synch anything to it.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

Split the extra noise in this thread to OT. :annoyed:
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Work is progressing slowly but surely on Release-17.

Release highlights will include:

- All the map changes from r16-m (the build I was working on when I lost everything was r16-s) that I could remember
- Decals are working properly (and display properly too!)
- Player 4 is now the enemy Scavenger player (red)
- Player 7 is the allied Scavenger player (aqua), but not at first
- Scavenger Choppers now produced in Scavenger VTOL Factories
- Scavenger Choppers now attack with the rest of 'em (and it's hardcore!). Please speak up if it becomes a balance issue!
- M11 and M12 have been moved to the Main Map, M6 has been dropped entirely (it wasn't that interesting to begin with :lol2: )
- Divergent Paths are more pronounced in scope and lead to MUCH different play experiences
- M4 is a different beast entirely now that NEXUS has a MUCH stronger presence in the area ... remember, hit-and-run tactics WILL help, and this was the intended difficulty from the start. :D
- Nexus Prime (in the extreme southwest of the map) is NOT to be trifled with. "One does not simply walk into Mordor" should just about explain everything one needs to know about this quite evil place... :twisted:

Known issues:

- Weapon research paths will be implemented in R-18. This release is focused on getting things back up to speed.
- Script lag (by as long as a full minute): This is something being investigated by the Dev Team, and not something I have any control over. Sorry.
- Performance lag: Apparently related to the Script lag issue. The 3.1 "testing" builds (T3 and T4) run smooth as silk graphically, but the script lag is a little more pronounced. Not much I can do about that.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Am looking forward to your Release 17. :) Experiencing some jonezing since the last. ;)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

It'll be a substantial update just for the map changes alone. ;) Of course it means that the M4ThreadB (where you save neither Transport) mission-line is going to change.

- M3 will be done differently for the "M3ThreadB" mission line compared to the original sequence of events. We'll get our Construction Equipment sooner (by far), and will NOT need to do M4 at ALL on this one.
- M4ThreadB will in that case become M4, and the player will do THAT -- starting from a different location (likely the extreme north of the map), in which case we won't do M3 since we're getting Construction Equipment in a different way (stealing from Nexus).
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

csvtoini

This may not solve the whole problem, but if it needs more abilitys just ask in the thread :wink:
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

"Stealing from Nexus" - gotta love that challenge. :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Little update.

I'm getting things done slowly but surely.

- The M3ThreadB stuff (where you save BOTH Transports) is coming together nicely.
- M4ThreadB still needs retooling. That's actually a lower priority, since all I need to do is change locations that's it's checking for. Easy fix, that one.
- NEXUS Prime is ready for anything the player can throw at it. And yes -- it's the Warzone equivalent of Mordor. This fight will require nothing less than sheer tenacity ... both offensive AND defensive. :D

If I were to venture a guess ... and if I worked on it nonstop for the next three days ... it would be ready. That's how close it is. Three Goth-days of work. :lol2: After that, all that's left are the rest of the voice clips / misc. audio to create, and we'll have our Release Candidate.
Urnight
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Urnight »

I am so excited for the new campaign release :D.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Little update on the progress thus far.

Still working on last-minute issues to close up any remaining and outstanding problems. A new issue has popped up that is being looked into. It's probably something I have caused without realizing it. :lol2:

- I've made more tweaks to the Nexus Prime event, and it's much better behaved now. Eventually this will scale to the difficulty level that the player has set in the preferences.
- Still unhappy with the M4ThreadB events. That mission line should be meaningful, and it really isn't. Not sure what to do about it at this point, and I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps after Release-17 is out (the current build), someone else would have the time and imagination to mod the campaign and take it in new directions that I didn't think of.
- M3ThreadB is working fine, as is the original mission line (where we save one or the other Transport, but not both). Consider M3ThreadB the "hard mode". ;)
Duha
Trained
Trained

Post by Duha »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:Little update on the progress thus far.
Git workflow is commit as often as possible.
Implement part of full feature -> commit
Fix error -> commit.

In that case it is easy to check what was done and revert some commits. Making work in small iterations is more easy.
And don`t forget to push.
http://addons.wz2100.net/ developer