[Campaign 4] Release & Development topic

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Re: [Campaign 4] Release & Development topic

Post by Jorzi »

The many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics is indeed quite interesting, although as a physicist, I kinda have to let all interpretations coexist until some of them can be eliminated through experiment. That said, this one certainly has the most exciting implications.

I still do some modeling, although my pace is considerably slowed by the fact that I'm taking courses and working at the lab simultaneously. My newes experiment is trying to get the cyborgs done.
At first I was halted by the fact that the legs couldn't use object space normal mapping because of the frame animation, but I'm thinking I can work around the issue by putting a little extra actual geometry on the legs and then doing the upper bodies and weapons with normal maps.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Indeed. Lots of great science to come in the next few years. Very interesting times we live in. :) The upgrades to the CERN facility alone will make for some VERY interesting science, if what the numbers tell them is true.

Anyway, moving right along.

Looks like I have some help today -- Boots, the Warzone Script Kitty! She's laying on my desk making sure I write the code correctly .. I can't go wrong! :)
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Interesting world for sure, now and unfolding, on a whole host of frontiers bordering the yet to be fully understood. :3

Many Worlds Iterpretation theory, up to now, has yielded one day to day practical consequence, that I'm aware of, beside that of shapeing the lives of the physicists and mathematicians dedicated to working on its fullest explication through experiment. To wit, as a Sci Fi narrative trope, for some time, it has been the basis of some compelling literature. 8)

On the other hand, the aggregated medical science in the aforementioned, and referenced, work of Dr. J. Dispenza has had the consequence, here and now, of aiding the many gravely ill regain, and sustain, good health. That's a world of difference, that could make a difference right now, at least not to be ignored, from my perspective, simply because there may be others perusing these proceedings facing similar challenges who may not be aware of the full arsenal out there that can be brought to bare in this type battle. :hmm:

Honestly felt the need to present that perhaps awkward truth before carrying on with matters of WZ specific interest. :)
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Wow. For some reason, the forum made me reset my password to a new one before I could reply to the topic. Strange. Any reason why it would do that, Rman? o.O

Anyway. As I attempted to reply previously, The next ten years will see real game-changers in the treatment of all varieties of Cancers, some of which are pending approvals for trialling. And the advances made in the PAST ten years, with the mental well-being of the patient being considered as important as the physical (making the body as hostile to cancer as possible with nutrition, exercise, changes in lifestyle, etc) ... for example, during my treatment regimen they offered counseling! Yes it was expensive as #%&* .. but I chose to fight and that was what I thought was required to further that end. So yes, any advice offered is gladly accepted. :)

Today's workload on Cam 4 ended up being lighter than expected. Boots, the Warzone Script Kitty turned out to be not as useful as hoped. She wanted to paw at the keyboard (and I had a Doctor appointment I had overlooked), so I suppose there's always tomorrow.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:Wow. For some reason, the forum made me reset my password to a new one before I could reply to the topic. Strange. Any reason why it would do that, Rman? o.O
I believe it is part of the security protocol installed after the site suffered the last major hacking.
Anyway. As I attempted to reply previously, The next ten years will see real game-changers in the treatment of all varieties of Cancers, some of which are pending approvals for trialling. And the advances made in the PAST ten years, with the mental well-being of the patient being considered as important as the physical (making the body as hostile to cancer as possible with nutrition, exercise, changes in lifestyle, etc) ... for example, during my treatment regimen they offered counseling! Yes it was expensive as #%&* .. but I chose to fight and that was what I thought was required to further that end. So yes, any advice offered is gladly accepted. :)
Cool. :)

There is also pro-active commitment to certain practices (supported by scientific research & double, triple, blind protocols) that can positively influence your entire immune system and epigenetic mechanism expression (even onto so called "spontaneous" remission) that require investing focused time and understanding of the underlieing cognitive-physiological workings but narry a penny of money to implement or practice.

These practices would augment, not replace, all other proven viable options, including keeping an eye on the creation and release of any silver bullet treatment(s). :3

EDIT: Clarifying details and language.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Little status update. :)

I'm busy clearing the backlog of old items on the 'to-do' list and various minor (and not-so-minor) issues that have remained since even the very first release. Release-22 is the current working version number. The current changelog for this release is as follows:

--------------------------

- The addition of TWO new music tracks in the 'End Of All Things' concept production (think of a "Concept Album" format from the 70's and 80's that the Progressive Rock movement was famous for!) .. these are parts 2 and 3, finally ready for prime time.
- Finally figured out how to properly implement the "Hornet's Nest" at the start of M2. Let's see if you agree that it is indeed a Hornet's Nest, as Sergeant Gibbs calls it. :)
- The NEXUSLink the player recieves at the central Red Alpha base (from the Research Facility there) can now keep up with the players' units, speed-wise. Of course, this means that protecting it will be necessary ...
- Changed the starting dialogue at the start of the Campaign to be more informative and useful to the objective(s) at hand. Playtest input revealed that players were somewhat confused as to what they were required to do (ie. stay put, or go north). Yes, this meant dumping ALL of the recorded dialogue made so far. AGAIN. *sigh*
- Corrected an issue where the big Scavenger attack upon Transport One was occurring 12 seconds too soon . Yes, it was my fault; and no, it was not a desync issue.
- (Fixing the above issue also fixed the issue with the random Scavenger attacks upon Transport One not happening when they should. Yay!)
- Fixed various issues during the attack event upon Transport Two. It should now proceed as intended again.

I will likely add to the changelog as I fix issues. :)
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Adding to the changelog for Release-22:
---------------------------------------------------

- NEXUS units throughout the M1 area no longer stand still waiting to be killed. Enjoy!
- Improved the M2 event 'Defending Transport Two'. It is, *now* ... well, quite franky .. right where NEXUS wants you. Your job is to get out of it alive, if you can. Remember the game "Knights of the Old Republic 2"? Prove yourself worthy of being Sith by surviving challenges, and you'll be rewarded. That's M2's whole arc. NEXUS wants you on the team, but you need to prove yourself. To Dr. Reed, it's an honor. He sees himself as some sort of hero. Really, he does. Totally justified with everything he did. Ask Rman. :lecture:
- More bugfixes.

EDIT: Tightening a couple of things down a bit further and the release will be good to go for this cycle. You guys are gonna love this one. The challenge factor is up considerably. :)
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

I am currently uploading the now-ready Release-22 to my Github page (located here). You'll also find the old releases there as well. Eventually all of my stuff will be found on Github, and only Github. :)

Feel free to browse!
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:I am currently uploading the now-ready Release-22 to my Github page (located here). You'll also find the old releases there as well. Eventually all of my stuff will be found on Github, and only Github. :)

Feel free to browse!
Looking foward to play the mod for the first time as well the new version.

However, i'm really impressed on how long you have been working on it for a very long time, the same can be said for NoQ's NullBot AI.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Thanks BP. :) I'm a big fan of your work. Remember to place it into /mods/global and launch it using --mod=cam4-cont-r22.wz in the shortcut/launcher. Warzone 3.1.1 is the targeted Warzone version.

The new release is ready for testing on my Github, folks. I'll warn you -- the challenge factor has gone up significantly. The two new music tracks had a problem while exporting to .ogg (for some reason) so they haven't been included with this release.

Enjoy!

[ EDIT] Oops. Give me a few minutes to get something corrected. Sorry folks Ok, should be fixed now.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

A veritable cornucopia of new WZ toys to play when I return to the ol' Rocky Mountain crib from my sojourn along the Atlantic. This fresh Cam 4 iteration, NoQ's latest NullBot and BP's new Rebalance Mod. XD

Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Yep, lots of new goodies to play with. :3

Today's update is a very small one. The updated is being pushed to Github as I type this, so it should be ready in a few minutes.
---------------------------------------------

- Changed some Super Cyborgs in M2's area who were assigned to Team 4 that should have been assigned to Team 3.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

I'm also attempting to re-upload the Old Releases (including the WUDS Dataset, Tilesets, my old Maps, etc) to Github today as well. Hopefully it works without issue now. :lecture:

[ EDIT ] I've permalinked to my Github page under my avatar. Yay technology! And yes, it's new to me. :ninja:
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Little status update. I've decided to truly make "The End Of All Things" into a B-Side single, in keeping with the tradition of the Progressive and Synth Rock groups of the 70's and 80's (like Pink Floyd, Rush, the Alan Parsons Project, and so on). It'll be a 20-30 minute opus of all four parts into a single (very long) track, since I'm having issues getting Warzone to load more than four music tracks into the playlist. Is this a known issue? :hmm:

The benefits of this will also allow me to rework/remaster Part 1 of the song, and for it all to be consistent .. which was lacking in the final form, if I might be my own worst critic for a moment. Some of you may remember that I am a professional musician (and no, I never hit it big) and a sometimes-producer of some local talent in my area after my personal foray into the business, and I have certain production standards that I need to adhere to. It's a learning process; and I know a lot more than I did two years ago when I made that particular track, so now it's time to rectify that. :)

That will be my task for this week. In the meantime, is everyone enjoying the latest iteration of Campaign 4? Any problems cropping up? Be sure to post about them .. and yes, I know that M4 is breaky. ;)
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

... and yes, there *is* a solution in dealing with the Missile Units that fire upon Transport Two (the ones that come from the south base during the attack event) before they are able to destroy it. ;)