[3.2+] NullBot 3 ‘Reloaded’

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: [3.2+] NullBot 3 ‘Reloaded’

Post by NoQ »

I might have accidentally inserted some sync-breaking code into NullBot3, but it also might have been an unrelated bug, or even a bug in script code effect syncing.
tima
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tima »

It seems that the problem is not in NullBots. We tested warzone2100-master-20130921-002120-4f16a61.exe without any addons and the game still fall out of sync after 10 minutes of the game. I will try to write about bug in another forum thread.
tima
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tima »

Hi! :D

We managed to get around desynchronization of the game and we have tested the new N00lBot. Just installed a new intelligence scavengers.

1. scavengers:
We played 3v3 match against N00lBot with scavengers on the Hard difficulty. As a result, scavengers killed 2 AI at the initial stage of the game. Maybe we should reduce the level of aggression scavengers against N00lBots?

2. Vtol
We played 2v2 match against N00lBot on the Hard difficulty. N00lBots built many vtol. But their flights were disorientation. They flew from player to player without causing much damage. Having weapons against tanks, they were passing by and died on defense.

3. Defence
We played 3v3 match against N00lBot on the Insane difficulty. Vtol is off. N00lBots have collected a large army and constantly circling in defense and not having arranged a breakthrough. They used a melee weapon without using ranged weapons (howitzers, mortars). The same was based on them. Absolutely no defense ranged weapons.

New N00lBots are very good in combat techniques, do not give bored. But to destroy them is very simple, even at the highest difficulty level. I think we need a very good work on the three-point. And borrow a portion of the old N00lBots. Their flights, and the defense was very good. :D

P.S. Sorry for my English. It's all Google translator :augh:
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

How did you work around the desync?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

tima: maps?
tima
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tima »

Per wrote:How did you work around the desync?

Use the latest master version. Do not build cyborgs and construction trucks at the beginning of the game. Go to the menu design and create a new truck. It is better to remove the old truck. New heavy equipment will be made ​​without out of sync. But we have not tested the production of improved cyborgs. Our game is based only on the production of heavy machinery :)

NoQ wrote:tima: maps?

Sorry, I do not remember... :augh:
Today we tested a few cards where new NB proved to be very good and we were defeated. In the future, I will write down the names of cards, where the NB behave correctly. But almost all the maps NB very weakly defended his base. The vtol will still behave quite adequately.
tima
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tima »

Hi, it's me again! :D

We tested NullB0t on PvP maps. In most cases, on the highest difficulty, the bots are not very adequate in the beginning of the game. They are thinking for a long time in the research, stopping the construction of buildings. Example, the map - NTWFor4-mini. :roll:

P.S. We have noticed that they are starting production techniques only pythons and improve the plants up to level 3.
bertieb
New user

Post by bertieb »

Hey NoQ, excellent work on the various iterations of NB, it's really good to play against! Sorry to necro this old thread but I'm having an issue with NB and wasn't sure whether to post here or open an issue on the github site.

The problem in short is: on some skirmish maps, allied Nullbot only builds 3 structures (research, factory, power) and then does nothing or little else.

I have so far observed this on both Clash and Encounter (which I'm sure you are familiar with ;)). Starting a skirmish with 1 player + 3 Nullbots on medium in 2 teams (A / B), the allied NB in position 1 seems to quit construction after three buildings.

It will still research according to what I assume is the favoured tree. On Clash If there are oil barrels, it will send one truck to collect them, even if it is deep in enemy half of the map (hurray for omniscience :D).

The issue does not seem to affect enemy team Nullbots. They appear to be a bit slower off the mark perhaps, but since I'm not very familiar with NB (as evidenced by the 'medium' setting :P) or 3.2 in particular this might just be me!

Attached are screenshots, although they are about as exciting as you would expect.

Other maps don't seem to have this issue (I have not played a lot of 3.2 yet), but I can continue to check. I can confirm I am running the master branch pulled from git (rev df1b02a32adfb437d3463b22441a8a22474d9dd0).

Please let me know if there is more info that I can provide!

(linked to larger versions)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Hello bertieb, not sure why i didn't notice your message :oops: :oops: :oops:

Could you post a saved game with the issue?

The AI may be running out of power before building his first derrick (and building one takes power, yeah), even though i designed the build order to avoid that. Could you check if it's actually out of power by using cheats (Ctrl+O and then switch to the other player)?

Are you playing on some T2 or T3?

I'll try to reproduce.
ArkyMosuke
New user

Post by ArkyMosuke »

So would anyone care to elaborate just why it's impossible to load this bot into any of the builds other than the latest master build, which has massive desync issues as well as json file issues. Not to mention you have to write a new json file for the bots after dropping the files into skirmish.

I have been sitting here for three hours trying to find a combination of releases and this mod.... no luck, at ALL.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

you have to write a new json file for the bots
Hmm, thanks for reminding.
nullbot-3-03.wz
(40.45 KiB) Downloaded 652 times
This also includes some changes in early adaptation and VTOL movement, i guess they're mostly tested now.
I have been sitting here for three hours
There there. How many hours do you think i've been sitting there to make this mod?
Roland
New user

Post by Roland »

Seen in nullbot-3-03 as well as in the nullbot of the current git/HEAD:
The AI is building Cyborg Engineers with legs only, without body or spades.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I know this bug, and i guess one day i'd investigate that. But i didn't see any problem in the scripts so far, so i think that's some engine issue.
CDR Manuel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Manuel »

Now I know why the game hanged after over three hours of testing NullBot on Roughness!

The master build's got a bad valve! XD
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I guess we should verify the templates on the engine side before pushing them onto the battlefield...

Edit: Actually, I don't see how that is possible, in master. Could someone give me a savegame from git master where a factory is building an invalid template? Then maybe I can track this down.