The AI is now present in two variations: Generic and Turtle. Generic AI is what you'd like to try; it makes use of as many game aspects as possible. Turtle AI is an AI that uses only defenses and hardly builds any tanks; may be of some interest.
As i already mentioned three times, it will not work on warzone2100-v3.1.*, but only on v3.2+, which is now available only as git master snapshots for windows and linux here. Moreover, it requires a very recent snapshot, as there were many fixes to the JS engine recently. A backport project that may bring this AI to v3.1 is in progress by aubergine.
While playing v3.2, you will notice an experimental change in game starting conditions; NullBot was already adapted to it (partially; most likely a better build order could be suggested), but you were probably not, so be aware (:
Use in-game chat to communicate with NullBot3 and alter his behaviour. Most of these commands will be listened by allied NullBot3 players only. Use private chat if you want to talk to particular AI players only.
- !nb set - set personality. For example, say "!nb set mr" to activate a machinegun-rocket personality in the middle of the game; it will start researching and producing machineguns and rockets. Different NullBot3 AIs support different personalities; use this command without arguments to see the whole list.
- !nb res - set research path. Allows finer control over research path without changing subpersonality. For example, say "!nb set mg" to make him research machineguns. Different NullBot3 rulesets support different weapon research paths; use this command without arguments to see the whole list. There are also three special research paths that are always supported:
- !nb res cl - clear all previous research commands and return to the default behaviour.
- !nb res no - research nothing.
- !nb res fn - research fundamental technologies, such as power or research upgrades.
- !nb truck - ask an AI player to give you a truck. He will always give you a truck, even if it's his last truck.
- !nb power - ask an AI player to give you money.
- !nb go - ask an AI player to bring an army to a certain location specified by an Alt+H beacon. Use this to ask for help or coordinate attacks. Depending on the situation, the AI may be unable to react quickly.
- !nb tx - recall the previous !nb go order.
- !nb who - asks the AI to report his version. Allied AIs also report their personality.
Experimental Scavenger AI:
When installed together with the main NullBot3 mod, the mod below makes NullBot3 control scavengers. This is not really a separate AI; it uses the same code, just obeys the rules set for scavenger player. So it will play tough: aggressively attack random enemies with tightly packed armies, pick up oil drums, harass defenseless derricks and do other dirty tricks you won't expect from scavengers. So i won't really recommend it for everyday use.
Special thanks to:
- Per for continuous improvements of JS API which made the thing possible.
- Duha for revising the code and sending specific corrections and improvements.
- aubergine for his constant documentation work, which i'm making use of using regularly, and for his efforts to backport this AI to v3.1.
- Shadow Wolf TJC for providing a huge bunch of ideas that shaped the new ruleset/personality definition code.