My Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Colonel Longhena
Greenhorn

My Maps

Post by Colonel Longhena »

Hello everyone! :)
Just finished a map after messing around with editor and tested it in skirmish, was pretty fun so i decided to register there and upload it :D !

Map for 4 players, normal oil, scavengers on, best played 2vs2.
Note: I am not really fan of making symmetrical maps.
mapa.PNG
mapb.PNG
Have fun :lol2: !
Attachments
4c-Testificate.wz
Tested on 3.1_rc3
(53.98 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
AycT
Rookie
Rookie

Re: My Maps

Post by AycT »

About simmetrical maps: me too.(copypasting is the evil)
but in my mind green has a bit better place =)
Canons or missles? This is the question.

aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Thanks for the map :) Always good to see non-symmetrical maps.

EDIT: Just been playing this map, somewhat unbalanced but nice map :) I've yet to win a game starting in position 0!
Last edited by aubergine on 25 Nov 2012, 04:59, edited 1 time in total.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Virus- A
Trained
Trained

Post by Virus- A »

good map, thanks
xico - Español/Ingles un poco- -También conocido por "RaNgEl"☜ ☆ ☞ Luis Diego Rangel☜ ☆ ☞ ♪♪♫ ♫
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Still struggling to win this map from position 0.

Game settings: Me (0) + Hard NullBot (1) vs 2 x Hard NullBot (2, 3). Scavengers with USM. No bases, high power level.

The scavs seem to focus more on my team than the enemy team, the players in positions 2 and 3 seem to always dominate the map.

Any suggestions?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

aubergine wrote:Still struggling to win this map from position 0.

Game settings: Me (0) + Hard NullBot (1) vs 2 x Hard NullBot (2, 3). Scavengers with USM. No bases, high power level.

The scavs seem to focus more on my team than the enemy team, the players in positions 2 and 3 seem to always dominate the map.

Any suggestions?
There is nothing in the way from the scavengers bases to the base 0 and 1 and there are some hills between the scavs bases and bases 2 and 3 so they can atack o and 1 more easily.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Colonel Longhena :)

Very nice map, it seems that you know what it is about. I like the idea of edge painting.

Registration was a good choice, now you shall continue on working :3

Regards,

Mero, RekamPam
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

IMHO players in bases 0 and 1 should be given an extra oil resource, maybe even 2 - I can't see how they stand a chance otherwise.

Finally won the map by switching to players 2 and 3, with advanced bases.
Colonel Longhena
Greenhorn

Thanks for comments, everyone :) !

@aubergine

Well...
In my few last games on the map i actually had harder time being on position 2 with 3 as an ally :!:
Also i almost always play with full bases, maybe it has something to do with it, have not played it with no bases to be quite honest :oops: .

Also scavengers attacking player bases :shock: ? For me they always stand at their bases and guard derricks :!: i don't even know how that happened for you :hmm: .

As for the next map, i might start working on it today or tomorrow, already planned on using urban tileset this time :D .
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

aubergine wrote:The scavs seem to focus more on my team than the enemy team, the players in positions 2 and 3 seem to always dominate the map.
Scavengers in USM are pretty deterministic in what they attack, always attacking nearest structure or nearest derrick or something like that. This is applied to every scav factory that acts independently. Randomness starts only when scavengers build new factories, thus making some random player closer to them.
Colonel Longhena
Greenhorn

Incoming new map! :D
4 players, normal oil, scavengers on, best played 2vs2.
Note: there are rumors that scavengers got their hands on the Nexus link technology, as well as a few vehicles from previous battles on this map. ;)
Note mk2: two of oil resources on this map require usage of hover technology 8) .
map2a.PNG
map2b.PNG
Have fun! :lol2:
Attachments
4c-CityBattle.wz
Tested on 3.1_rc3
(65 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks a lot for these maps Colonel Longhena. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)