Thinking about making Klepacki-style Music

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
CDR Manuel
Rookie
Rookie

Thinking about making Klepacki-style Music

Post by CDR Manuel »

Yes, I'm a freelance music producer, no record label. Good news for you, because I'm planning on producing some tracks for WZ 2.1K in the style of Frank Klepacki, the artist of many Soundtracks for Westwood's Dune and Command & Conquer franchises. I figured we need more guitar in the soundtrack, that's what I'm going to give you. And a synthesized orchestra, as well. I'll give you a sample of Warzone 2100 should sound like, at my earliest convenience, however.

Now a few pointers about Klepacki's works:
1. His guitar riffs are recorded, never MIDI generated. Of course since I lack the basic equipment, I'm going to cheat by using a guitar synthesizer VST, and an amp effect VST.
2. As a result of his use of live recordings of orchestra and guitar, I'll probably have to use a variety of VSTs to make it sound semi-authentic.
3. Another signature of Klepacki's Redbook-standardized works is sampling. He used pre-recorded samples as evidenced by his use of the German drill protocol "Die Waffen, legt an!", roughly translated as "present arms!" for his use in his Red Alert hit "Hell March".

The Westwood era for Klepacki, brought his war music genius to nearly his full potential, however, as Westwood was slowly absorbed into EA, his creative flow was constrained! Nonetheless he is still a VGM icon.

The point is, I'm going to produce music for Warzone 2100 the way Klepacki would've done it!
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: Thinking about making Klepacki-style Music

Post by aubergine »

Hey CDR, just wanted to say I'm really looking forward to see what you produce. Please don't take the lack of replies to this topic as lack of interest, everyone's been crazy busy in RL recently so forum activity has been low.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
CDR Manuel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Manuel »

It might take me longer than I thought, now that I have College to worry about. If I fail a class, I lose my scholarship, and I have to end up paying it back! Even worse, my parents will take away my only computer, the one I'm using right now. INTERNET Y U B SO EVIL!?
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

I have two of the C&C soundtracks and enjoy listening to them from time to time.

Another game soundtrack to take a gander at would be the Rome Total War soundtrack. There are a few tracks on it that have a good war theme that would fit any style RTS.
CDR Manuel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Manuel »

Ooh! What about the Metal Arms: Glitch in the System OST? The Main Theme will fit the menu music. Here's the track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Bc0cItv10

As Colonel Alloy would say, "Well, let's not break out the joy lube just yet!"
Last edited by vexed on 30 Jul 2015, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: youtube tags are ONLY meant to be used in one forum section, and this isn't it.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

how you getting on? been 3 years so hope you've done college
CDR Manuel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Manuel »

I'm done with college, but I'm taking online classes from StackSkills.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Anything fun/interesting?
CDR Manuel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Manuel »

Just some courses on Game Development for Non-Programmers.