Cartoon tileset experiment

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Re: Cartoon tileset experiment

Post by Hesterax »

I'm glad to see that work is still being done on this project.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
AWarZoner
Trained
Trained

Post by AWarZoner »

I like the look!
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

'sup

Did some repainting and fixing the models of the weapons
Attachments
weapons_preview_1.jpg
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

First let me say I'm sorry. I really hate to be the guy that digs up an old post. I know how you guys hate that. But, Golly-Bob-Howdy, Vern, Somebody had to do it.

I was just going through some of the older stuff wondering how far back one could go and still download stuff that works with ver. 3.2.3. I found this cartoon tile set. I have to ask, Where is it? It is cool, it is wonderful, it is great. I see by the posts that most of you guys think so too.

So what happened to it? Why don't I see maps using it? What do I have to do, say, pay, or kill to see this set "in game"? And, once again, sorry for blowing the dust off of an old {2 1/2 years) post.
Transmission ends ...
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

You could look in addons http://addons.wz2100.net/ and if you dont find it there you might have to nag jorzi to make a mod.

Im sure the author of the textures would be glad to do it.

He is part of the art revolution enhancement project
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

I looked on the addons page. Not there. Yet. (hint hint)

jorzi.
Big fan here. Can you drop a rope on that thing and trot her out here? It would also be perfect for mod maps.
I don't know how much work this will be and you must already be covered up with work on the art project but you have put about 2 years into it already so ...
Transmission ends ...
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Hi JimmyJack, I think I should have uploaded most of the game ready assets to https://github.com/epilef/mod_cartoon
Just download the zip and rename it to .wz and you should have a working mod (although I might have some fragment shaders there that only work with versions of warzone up to 3.1.5)
One of the ideas with this mod is to provide a platform for people who want to get into graphics modding, but aren't sure about how to do the diffuse/normal/specular combination. Instead, we have one simple texture that anyone can edit.
ImageImage
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

Thanks for the info Jorzi. I keep hitting the same wall that I get with all the other mods. I downloaded the file from your link, changed zip to wz then put the file into the multiplayer folder and tried to add ... --mod_mp=mod_cartoon-master.wz ... to the shortcut. All I get is "problem with shortcut"

The FAQ said to add it to the command line it didn't say where in the line to add it.

Or maybe I'm doing it wrong. I left click the shortcut on my desktop and made a copy and put the copy into the folder with the Warzone folder in it. Then I left click on the copy and click on properties and try to add to the line in the "target" box.

Am I missing something?
Transmission ends ...
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Have you tried --mod=mod_cartoon-master.wz and just putting the mod straight into your mods folder?

If all else fails, you can just create a folder called autoload in the mods folder and throw it there.
ImageImage
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

Jorzi wrote:If all else fails, you can just create a folder called autoload in the mods folder and throw it there.
That was the first thing that i did. When I started the game the name of the mod was in the upper left corner of the screen but when I started a game ... nothing happened. No mod.

I changed, or added to, the target line. Then clicked on apply. That is when I got the "problmem with shortcut" and the target line was not changed.

I don't think that I can use .wz and .exe in the same command line. Can I?
edit
Almost got it. I tried extracting the zip file. What I got was a file folder named mod_cartoon-master. When I opened it there was another file folder named mod_cartoon-master inside. It was the one that had all the files in it. I took that folder added .wz to it and put it in the auto run folder. Now when I get into a game (SK-Rush) I have the ground textures. They look good. But. All the buildings and units are blacked out. Now I don't know what to try.
Last edited by JimmyJack on 24 Jun 2017, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
Transmission ends ...
xShadow421x
Rookie
Rookie

Post by xShadow421x »

EDIT: Looks like you (JimmyJack) came online and posted an update before I got my response out, so excuse this post if it's no longer relevant, but I'm still willing to help if I know how.

Greetings;
JimmyJack wrote:That was the first thing that i did. When I started the game the name of the mod was in the upper left corner of the screen but when I started a game ... nothing happened. No mod.
If you used the download as-is (other than renaming the file extension), I'm guessing that it is because the directory structure is incorrect, at least when I tried it to see what's up. Basically, the files were contained in a separate folder, so the game was reading it as "mod_cartoon-master.wz\mod_cartoon-master\<mod files>" when it should read it as "mod_cartoon-master.wz\<mod files>".
So, you would need to extract/copy and archive the files so they are read immediately after the mod is loaded rather than the extra folder they're contained in, and then it should work.
JimmyJack wrote:I changed, or added to, the target line. Then clicked on apply. That is when I got the "problmem with shortcut" and the target line was not changed.
If you wish to use this method, you may have missed adding a space between the last quotation mark of the original target and the first dash of the command.

Hope I've assisted in some way, but if problems persist, let us know.
ImageImageImageImage
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

Thanks xShadow421x. You must have posted just as I was editing my last post. Yes I found that double folder thing. I will try to change the command line again.

Oh and yes I did not add a space there so I'm off to give it another go.
Transmission ends ...
xShadow421x
Rookie
Rookie

Post by xShadow421x »

JimmyJack wrote:But. All the buildings and units are blacked out. Now I don't know what to try.
That sounds like an issue with the custom shaders Jorzi mentioned. Depending on which version of Warzone you're using, try turning the shaders off if the option is there or just remove the shader files from the mod itself (but obviously keep copies if you decide to run a version of Warzone that's compatible).
ImageImageImageImage
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

OK. I pulled the tcmask.frag file out of the shader folder and all is well. I just got a look at it and quit the game to come post. I'm off now to ogle this mod. Thanks again xShadow421x.
Transmission ends ...
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Happy holidays everyone
I had some spare time so I continued doodling on these things. Repainted vengeance, tiger, scorpion and bug.
Attachments
bodies_preview4.png
ImageImage