Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
nythawk11
New user

Re: Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Post by nythawk11 »

how do i get this to work for multiplayer 3.1.5?
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

I'm maintaining a version of this mod that is compatible with master here

master version of warzone can be downloaded here

@Devs,
I'm still trying to work around the limited turret problem.

The max number of weapons in the design screen is 16 pages of 8 turrets (128) but there are 217 designable turrets.
The structure menu is 17.5 pages of 12 structures (210) but there are 455 structures.

This causes problems like cyborg/vtol weapons ending up on tanks and vice versa because the turrets overflow. Please see URL's above for example. If we can fix this problem then I can finish making stats. I want to make a release candidate for all new balance out of this but I'm blocked. I think the balance in this mod is way better than the original but I want to know what others think.
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

MIH-XTC wrote:I'm maintaining a version of this mod that is compatible with master here

master version of warzone can be downloaded here

@Devs,
I'm still trying to work around the limited turret problem.

The max number of weapons in the design screen is 16 pages of 8 turrets (128) but there are 217 designable turrets.
The structure menu is 17.5 pages of 12 structures (210) but there are 455 structures.

This causes problems like cyborg/vtol weapons ending up on tanks and vice versa because the turrets overflow. Please see URL's above for example. If we can fix this problem then I can finish making stats. I want to make a release candidate for all new balance out of this but I'm blocked. I think the balance in this mod is way better than the original but I want to know what others think.
Well what we think is kinda waste of time until this turret problem is solved, but, maybe you can slap together a final EB so its just done and generally compatible with master until this gets looked at.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Lord_Kane wrote:
Well what we think is kinda waste of time until this turret problem is solved, but, maybe you can slap together a final EB so its just done and generally compatible with master until this gets looked at.
It's a lot of work to remove all of the models I just added in and the game really should have more models. We can always disable certain things but at least have them imported. There's a difference between importing the models and enabling them. At this point I can't even import some of them because of the turret problem.

I won't go back to a balance using only the original bodies and weapons because at this point it's comparatively lame to what's possible with additional models.
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

MIH-XTC wrote:
Lord_Kane wrote:
It's a lot of work to remove all of the models I just added in and the game really should have more models. We can always disable certain things but at least have them imported. There's a difference between importing the models and enabling them. At this point I can't even import some of them because of the turret problem.

I won't go back to a balance using only the original bodies and weapons because at this point it's comparatively lame to what's possible with additional models.
True but right now you do not have a mod, its kinda of broken, and until Per or others fix this turret issue, it cannot reach its full potential.

No offense but just randomly combining mods without some kind of fall back is kinda...irresponsible?
I do not mean to attack, but perhaps you could go over contingency and add a couple of turrets and bodies so its still works as intended, because I think this issue is going to take a while to resolve

but ultimately its your mod.
I am just offering my opinion.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Lord_Kane wrote:
No offense but just randomly combining mods without some kind of fall back is kinda...irresponsible?

I do not mean to attack, but perhaps you could go over contingency and add a couple of turrets so its still works as intended, because I think this issue is going to take a while to resolve

but ultimately its your mod.
I am just offering my opinion.
No I'm not worried about it. I want to make the best game play experience for WZ. After seeing the extra bodies, turrets, structures (models) it's clear to me that they're needed for WZ to achieve it's full potential so I wouldn't even consider backing them out. I'm content waiting indefinitely, I've been actively involved with WZ since the beginning so however long it takes is fine. I can fix it myself when I have time, I'm a software developer IRL, I just don't want to debug that. If I spend my time working on WZ then I want to make stats, AI behavior and do game play simulations, not debug the source code for menus. I was hoping someone would know which constants to change and it would be a quick fix. I'll get to it eventually sometime in the next 6 months. I'm not aiming to make the next release (unless someone can fix this turret problem).
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Why dont you settle for a mod that fits the turret limits rather than ask for code changes just to suit your ideas.
Its better to show the mod with what works now
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Berg wrote:Why dont you settle for a mod that fits the turret limits rather than ask for code changes just to suit your ideas.
Because it's just as much work to remove turrets as it is to add them. It's actually less work to diagnose the turret problem than it is to remove extra turrets. If I remove a weapon, references have to be removed from weapons.json, structures.json, templates.json, research.json and Nexus.vlo and then rebalance everything afterwards. @ 200 extra turrets, it's like 30 hours worth of work to remove everything. Why would I go through all of that work just to make a temporary release candidate knowing that at some point I'm going to have to add them all back into the game.

You make it sound like adding turrets is my own personal idea or something, no that's basic functionality of how the game needs to work. The game needs the ability to add more turrets. That's a problem that inevitably needs to be confronted. Making a mod that is just a temporary fix is not the solution.
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

MIH-XTC wrote:
Berg wrote:Why dont you settle for a mod that fits the turret limits rather than ask for code changes just to suit your ideas.
Because it's just as much work to remove turrets as it is to add them. It's actually less work to diagnose the turret problem than it is to remove extra turrets. If I remove a weapon, references have to be removed from weapons.json, structures.json, templates.json, research.json and Nexus.vlo and then rebalance everything afterwards. @ 200 extra turrets, it's like 30 hours worth of work to remove everything. Why would I go through all of that work just to make a temporary release candidate knowing that at some point I'm going to have to add them all back into the game.

You make it sound like adding turrets is my own personal idea or something, no that's basic functionality of how the game needs to work. The game needs the ability to add more turrets. That's a problem that inevitably needs to be confronted. Making a mod that is just a temporary fix is not the solution.

That's kinda what you get when you just start slapping mods together. I know its hard work to enter all the data and I feel for you, but I honestly agree with Berg on this, to sit here and just expect a fix soon, is kinda silly.

You maybe content waiting happily until the turret limit is fixed, but your mod wont be played if there is a critical issue such as this, and the thing is I love your mod, I really do, I enjoy the tech tree changes as it makes it not as convoluted and crazy as it is now, You can always take a earlier version of your mod as its still up on the this forum, heck I have maintained several earlier revisions myself (and of Warzone 2100 in general but thats a unrelated matter) I know it feels like you are under attack, but I am not meaning to, but I genuinely enjoy EB, I just want it to be enjoyed as well.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Lord_Kane wrote:
MIH-XTC wrote:

That's kinda what you get when you just start slapping mods together. I know its hard work to enter all the data and I feel for you, but I honestly agree with Berg on this, to sit here and just expect a fix soon, is kinda silly.

You maybe content waiting happily until the turret limit is fixed, but your mod wont be played if there is a critical issue such as this, and the thing is I love your mod, I really do, I enjoy the tech tree changes as it makes it not as convoluted and crazy as it is now, You can always take a earlier version of your mod as its still up on the this forum, heck I have maintained several earlier revisions myself (and of Warzone 2100 in general but thats a unrelated matter) I know it feels like you are under attack, but I am not meaning to, but I genuinely enjoy EB, I just want it to be enjoyed as well.

I just cloned master and compiled source. For a long time I wasn't able to. Apparently I just had a bad version and assumed it was on my end. I'll try to figure it out. Trust me, it's much less work fixing this than it is removing turrets. This is just a value mismatch somewhere or an array out of bounds. It's definitely not removing a thousand lines which is what removing turrets would take.
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

Good luck
Selevan
New user

Post by Selevan »

Hello. So, im new to all this open source WZ2100 stuff, got excited about this mod, managed to install it correctly (i think so, since im getting the info about mod being currently on, on the top left corner and then in the game lobby), but basically the game appears to be same as vanilla WZ 3.2.

No new weapons, no new researches, absolutely nothing. What did i do wrong? Same stuff happens when i do the config\mods\autoload method, and same when i do the --mod=blabla.wz. Any ideas?

EDIT: My bad, missed info about extracting the .wz archieve. Now, the game is throwing me a bunch of error msgs, the HUD is missing, and i still cant see anything new..
Last edited by Berserk Cyborg on 05 Feb 2018, 05:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The edit was a post, not an edit
Selevan
New user

Post by Selevan »

fatal |06:03:25: [dataScriptLoadVals:702] Script multilim.vlo did not compile
info |06:03:34: [resLoadFile:549] The load function for resource type "SCRIPTVAL" failed for file "multilim.vlo"
info |06:03:34: [resLoadFile:549] Assert in Warzone: frameresource.cpp:549 (false), last script event: '<none>'
fatal |06:03:34: [resLoad:208] Failed to parse wrf/limiter_data.wrf
info |06:03:35: [startMultiplayerGame:3321] Unable to load limiter_data.

My question: Is there ANY mod that add's some new content (like new techs/weapons/bodies) that actually works? Since this one doesn't, nexus war is outdated, i cant see any other really.

Or maybe someone got this to work? (talking about the one from the first post)
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

Warzone 2100 Contingency does not function on 3.2.3 you have to use it on version 3.1.5
Selevan
New user

Post by Selevan »

Thank you!