Enhanced Balance Mod for 3.x

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!

Re: Enhanced Balance Mod for 3.x

Postby Prot » 27 Nov 2017, 18:58

i quickly look into message.cpp on line 757, i found this:
ASSERT(ptr, "Message %s not found, run with --debug=wz to get a list of all known messages", pName);
block of code:
Code: Select all
/* Get the view data identified by the name */
VIEWDATA *getViewData(const char *pName)
{
    VIEWDATA *ptr = apsViewData.value(pName);
    if (!ptr) // dump for debugging
    {
        QMap<QString, VIEWDATA *>::iterator iter = apsViewData.begin();
        while (iter != apsViewData.constEnd())
        {
            VIEWDATA *psViewData = iter.value();
            debug(LOG_WZ, "\t%s", psViewData->pName);
            ++iter;
        }
    }
    ASSERT(ptr, "Message %s not found, run with --debug=wz to get a list of all known messages", pName);
    return ptr;
}

It seems wz had to write error about message, but it crash in there.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Postby Lord_Kane » 06 Dec 2017, 17:17

Any updates to EB yet?
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Postby MIH-XTC » 06 Dec 2017, 20:43

No I won't work on this anymore, I would only work on merging this with contingency so I'll probably only post in that thread from now on but I've stopped working on that too because of the 128 turret limit.

Berserk_Cyborg pointed out this is probably due to MAX_SYSTEM_COMPONENTS = 128 on line 72 of design.cpp

https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... gn.cpp#L72

Sometime in the next few weeks, probably closer to christmas I need to compile WZ and see if changing it to 256 is stable and fixes the turret limit problem. Last time I tried compiling WZ I had problems with Qt dependencies and I already have enough compile problems to troubleshoot IRL.

Assuming that fixes the turret limit problem then I need to bug Per and Berserk to make the change and then I'll resume working on EB + contingency.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Postby Lord_Kane » 07 Dec 2017, 02:17

could you do at least one final pass on EB like some what downgrade the double h cannon damage? and then go "HERE IS THE FINAL VERSION LOSERS"
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Postby MIH-XTC » 07 Dec 2017, 19:57

Lord_Kane wrote:could you do at least one final pass on EB like some what downgrade the double h cannon damage? and then go "HERE IS THE FINAL VERSION LOSERS"

There isn't anything to change really. The twin heavy cannon isn't that unbalanced and you can manually change the values in the .json file if you want to adjust it. If we want to nerf a twin heavy cannon then reducing the damage isn't the way to do so, it should have the same damage as single heavy cannon. To properly nerf it, we can increase the weight to make it slower or increase the build time and costs.

And I wouldn't call anyone here a loser. There's no reason for inflammatory remarks. I do realize that I come off as very dogmatic which might be interpreted as being insensitive but that's only because I know wz and computers very well. Also because almost everything I write on the Internet is tl:dr and sometimes I just stop caring about how to tactfully word things. I also have a personal vendetta against Git that sometimes reflects when I'm writing. I have to use Git IRL and dislike it very much but ultimately the end goal is to make the best version of WZ.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Postby Lord_Kane » 07 Dec 2017, 20:39

MIH-XTC wrote:
Lord_Kane wrote:could you do at least one final pass on EB like some what downgrade the double h cannon damage? and then go "HERE IS THE FINAL VERSION LOSERS"

There isn't anything to change really. The twin heavy cannon isn't that unbalanced and you can manually change the values in the .json file if you want to adjust it. If we want to nerf a twin heavy cannon then reducing the damage isn't the way to do so, it should have the same damage as single heavy cannon. To properly nerf it, we can increase the weight to make it slower or increase the build time and costs.

And I wouldn't call anyone here a loser. There's no reason for inflammatory remarks. I do realize that I come off as very dogmatic which might be interpreted as being insensitive but that's only because I know wz and computers very well. Also because almost everything I write on the Internet is tl:dr and sometimes I just stop caring about how to tactfully word things. I also have a personal vendetta against Git that sometimes reflects when I'm writing. I have to use Git IRL and dislike it very much but ultimately the end goal is to make the best version of WZ.

Ah, I felt there were still things you just wanted to touch up on and release a final version.

also the "losers" comment is meant in jest and is not serious.
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Postby Lord_Kane » 13 Dec 2017, 16:32

MIH-XTC wrote:

Can you add a message for the twin heavy cannon and call this verison of EB complete? because I am hoping to introduce the mod to some friends who I got into WZ.
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Previous

Return to Addon discussions