very bad mutiplayer gameplay due to "netcode"

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
Valheria
Greenhorn

very bad mutiplayer gameplay due to "netcode"

Post by Valheria »

everytime i attempt to use these new version 3.1 clients my game hosting is terrible the units hardly move smoothly and someone is always lagging and it dont matter if its 1 player or 4 players or 8
i always get lag and its because of this new system they use for hosting games can you please sort it out ..2.3 is far far better right now to host games it alot smoother than these current mess of a game
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: very bad mutiplayer gameplay due to "netcode"

Post by NoQ »

alot smoother
It is a lie. The game lies to you. 2.3 only displays things smoothly but in fact what you see on your screen has nothing to do with what actually happens. You lag just the same in 2.3, and on top of that there are bugs in it that make the lag consequences even worse. With 3.1 you actually see the quality of your internet connection and how much it used to affect the game.

What pings are we talking about, anyway?
Valheria
Greenhorn

Post by Valheria »

pings are around 100-200 and my connection for hosting is pretty good but i can not host on 3.1 intill they fix the issue because it takes units twice as long to move now because they keep starting and stopping constantly
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, they don't take less time to respond in 2.3, so you can't really host on 2.3 too, for the same reason, but on 3.1 you are at least able to see it; and, in fact, you can now finally host games, cause it at least behaves correctly and fairly to all sides in this circumstances.

Another reason may be slow pcs around you, that can't compute many unit movements quickly enough (causing zzz to all other players, and you do see the players who lag and who are responsible for that as numbers).

Note that net-related zzz doesn't really appear until the ping is not only high but unstable.
Valheria
Greenhorn

Post by Valheria »

NoQ wrote:Well, they don't take less time to respond in 2.3, so you can't really host on 2.3 too, for the same reason, but on 3.1 you are at least able to see it; and, in fact, you can now finally host games, cause it at least behaves correctly and fairly to all sides in this circumstances.

Another reason may be slow pcs around you, that can't compute many unit movements quickly enough (causing zzz to all other players, and you do see the players who lag and who are responsible for that as numbers).

Note that net-related zzz doesn't really appear until the ping is not only high but unstable.
well im not hosting 3.1 games because that is plain stupid along with the perfect aiming for weapons that make bases with 400 defence structures even tougher to breach id soo rather play 2.3 because that works so fine for me and im not joking this 3.1 is a complete waste of time it really is
Galacticruler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Galacticruler »

I can't even host games, Windows firewall has the port 2100 exception, but wont let it through.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Galacticruler wrote:I can't even host games, Windows firewall has the port 2100 exception, but wont let it through.
Its not only about your firewall. y should check your router, connection type - in some cases your external IP & provider service. Go here
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100