Cheaters

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
Bruta18
New user

Cheaters

Post by Bruta18 »

As many people know there are a lot of cheaters in version 2.3.9 so I would like to make this the official page to put down the possible cheaters that are currently playing in 2.3.9.

I will start off this list:

Cheaters:

1. Taco
2. Matrx
3. negro
4. CASTROTROY
5. Aletux

If anyone has info on anyone else cheating in this version you can either contact me or put it down in a reply.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Re: Cheaters

Post by Jorzi »

How about playing 3.1?
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Also, are you a good enough player to know exactly whether someone is cheating or is just playing better than you? Why should i trust your list?

Also, what's the point of the list when anybody can change the name any time?

Also, what's the point of playing with anybody who can change the name any time? Why don't just come to IRC and play with real people rather than those anonymous randoms?

Also, how can you be sure somebody doesn't put up your name and cheat, and you get into this list yourself because of that?
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

NoQ wrote: Also, what's the point of playing with anybody who can change the name any time? Why don't just come to IRC and play with real people rather than those anonymous randoms?
IRC is dead chat, 80% bots...
irc games happen rare

what the point of playing with anybody who have constant name any time?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

80% bots...
??? I'm aware of only one, everybody else is real.

Also, you must be coming in a wrong time; we should be there in our evening, when i'm there at this time i never have a problem finding games (and i do follow my advice, not playing any non-pre-arranged games).
what the point of playing with anybody who have constant name any time?
Not a "constant" name, but a "registered" name that always marks him and possesses a reputation, unlike an in-game name. Feel the difference? Imagine what would happen to the forum if you hide all ways of finding out whether these two messages are written by the same person?
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

NoQ wrote:and i do follow my advice, not playing any non-pre-arranged games).
i dont see any positive meaning in your advice..
Attachments
gffggfgfsggsgsgsd.png
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Some of your marks are clearly false positives (i played a lot of games with Fastdeath and probably even have a video, he was our active webmaster at some point), clearly Kevin is a human if kevinsbot is a bot, Chanserv is a global freenode entity (i wouldn't count him). Ok, i'd agree on "two bots", but even if you were right about all of them, this doesn't make 80%.
i dont see any positive meaning in your advice..
Then you didn't suffer enough of being called a cheater on the tenth minute in five 1x1 matches in a row with random different people yet ...
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

NoQ wrote:Not a "constant" name, but a "registered" name that always marks him and possesses a reputation, unlike an in-game name. Feel the difference? Imagine what would happen to the forum if you hide all ways of finding out whether these two messages are written by the same person?
still dont see positive meaning...
1) random games are less predictable
2) random forum messages can be read with more correct mmm.. estimation?

NoQ wrote:Some of your marks are clearly false positives (i played a lot of games with Fastdeath and probably even have a video,
i played with fastdeath.. it was summer 2011.. so he is bot last year
NoQ wrote: Then you didn't suffer enough of being called a cheater five 1x1 matches in a row yet ..
seems your mind was a bit damaged in that 5 games :P
i play with random players, i play under random name... i have fun and even have more fun when someone call me cheater
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

so he is bot last year
Please confirm that you know what is a bot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_R ... quote]even have more fun when someone call me cheater[/quote]Even if you find yourself in the first message of this thread some day?
random forum messages can be read with more correct mmm.. estimation?
No, it's just you can say whatever you care to imagine, any wrong info, any stupid advice, and nobody will know it was you when you write your next message. That's a trolling paradise. And that's exactly the situation in the online lobby, with the following difference: you can do more bad things than just talking crap in an online game. You can also cheat, you can quit randomly, you can insult players and flood the games with foul language, you can suddenly go shopping during the game without your team knowing it unless seeing you not moving for the last 20 minutes. Still without anybody being able to recognize you in the next game, without any consequences for you. Seen that many times, had enough of that.
random games are less predictable
I have to disagree. They are more predictable. Your opponent is a noob and will die on the 10th minute of the game in 90% cases; in 9% more cases he will quit on the first minute, and you'll never find him to ask what happened. Is this "less predictable" than an actual match of two equally skilled players who know each other?
seems your mind was a bit damaged in that 5 games
That wasn't just once, that was happening repeatedly and constantly for quite a while.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

stop arguing.. it was just my opinion
your words sound a bit snobbish for me: "non-IRC games = crap", hold on
i like random games from time to time
rules like "play only IRC arranged games"...are you trolling? :)
IRC is only 20% of all players in warzone MP
and i dont think this 20% is best players or best people
they create uneven teams, they suspect in cheating good players, they out games before end etc.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

No, i'm just trying to save people from the suffering i've been through. I really wish somebody told me that a year before i realized myself.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I don't have those problems any more since I cheat to detect who is cheating.

But out of 3 games today, I found a cheater :(
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
War2070
Rookie
Rookie

Post by War2070 »

Who wants a cookie ?
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Out of the list, tomaw and marinez are freenode staff. And I played with Fastdeath[BDC] a week ago.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

Just want to say, cheating is a very serious matter, and while I do not deny that there are quite a few cheaters in 2.3.9, I would like to point out that it can be a very fine line knowing what is cheating and what is merely a desync. Not that I'm saying any of these people listed are/are not cheaters, just saying: tread carefully, reputations are too easy to ruin, and very hard to repair...

Lecture over. :lecture:
JDW wrote:... And I played with Fastdeath[BDC] a week ago.
:shock: He's still around? :D

Speaking of which, I haven't exactly been active recently... :(
War2070 wrote:Who wants a cookie ?
:ninja:

Just one? :wink:

Regards, Searge.
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.