Can hardly play any more

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Can hardly play any more

Post by iceman11a »

Hi guys and players. I started playing version 3.2.2 from version 3.1.5, and I have seen a lot of new stuff. How ever game play what changed a lot. The maps I could play before. Are so hard to play now. That it's all most impossible to play. If you look at the screen shot below. There's a new robot that I don't have nor have I been able to make this robot. Does any one have any ideas no to to make this. This robot cheats like crazy. Just less then 10 minutes after game play start is when I see these new robot. You will see what I mean be look just about center of the screen shot. In order for me to play the larger maps. I need to know how to make this machine (Robot)..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126613374 ... ed-public/
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Can hardly play any more

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

That looks like a super heavy gunner cyborg.
Research path:
http://betaguide.wz2100.net/Research.ph ... pn-Mcannon
List of super cyborgs: http://betaguide.wz2100.net/cyborgs.php#cyb_heavy
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

Thanks for the reply, How ever I start at T2 and I all ready have most of that all ready, and I still don't see this "super heavy gunner cyborg". and after I research the 3 I don't have. I still don't have that bot. Are you sure that chart hasn't changed, or hasn't been updated. and from what that chart says the enemy bots shouldn't have that bot until after 12 minutes. well they get that bot after 8 minutes of game play. So I think that chart hasn't been updated in a long time. Any way I can still play the smaller maps. I just can't play the larger maps.

After 10 minutes I'm still trying to make power and get units going, At the same time I have 10 tanks and 20 of the super heavy gunner cyborg coming at the same time. So I mite have to start playing an older version of the game.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/4490

The research path in betaguide is outdated since 3.2.2, and this cyborg should be back where it used to be, and there are no known bugs with that anymore - it should be exactly as was in 3.1 or 2.3. AIs shouldn't be able to get this early; only Nexus AI cheats with research speed, however i think he doesn't use this heavy cyborg at all (correct me if i'm wrong).

In general, i've no idea what this thread is about.
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

"In general, I've no idea what this thread is about." then maybe you need to read the rest of the post. This thread is about making a "super heavy gunner cyborg". It's just the chart doesn't match with what I'm getting. and the other thing is that the larger maps are too hard to play. Why, because I in less then 10 minutes. The bot's seem to make the "super heavy gunner cyborg" faster then I can and I'm starting the game at T2, and I'm only short a few things, In general. I should have that "super heavy gunner cyborg" shorty after starting the game. So there's some issues that don't match up.

This is what this post or thread is about.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

NoQ wrote:only Nexus AI cheats with research speed, however i think he doesn't use this heavy cyborg at all (correct me if i'm wrong).
Gamma map with advanced bases and T2, Nexus AI uses the heavy gunner ~15 minutes into the skirmish. It takes a long time for it to research any weapon upgrades at all, instead it focuses on cyborg armor/wall upgrades/every defense structure available. Then goes for tank armor and finally cannons/lasers and then rockets. That is what I saw anyway.