Truck Engineers are compulsive suicidal.

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
Lassar
New user

Truck Engineers are compulsive suicidal.

Post by Lassar »

You really need to alter the behavior of trucks.

They are madding compulsive, and suicidal.

For example, if a enemy tank pounds away at wall, the truck will rush to that side of the wall to be killed by the enemy tank.

Suicidal indeed.

Truck Engineers can't sit still. All the time moving. They move faster then you can right click, and say hold position.

At times, it seems hold position does not even work.

They commit treason too.

As a enemy tank, pounds away at the wall near a gate, the truck will come out , and let that tank in.

Send that truck to prison for a hundred years!

Is there any fast fix to this?

Like a mod, or modify the AI script, or something that can be done?
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Re: Truck Engineers are compulsive suicidal.

Post by MIH-XTC »

You are talking about 3.2 correct? I noticed there is auto behavior on trucks, repair units and CB sensors.

Sometimes the auto behavior on trucks is desirable, the trucks are smart enough now to help other trucks building in their vicinity. The trucks will repair anything around them but this can sometimes be undesirable when your base is under siege. I think this is the case you're talking about. This might be a good opportunity to add a new unit menu icon - the ability to turn auto behavior on/off.

The real reason I made this post is because I just observed the same behavior with the CB turret. If artillery is firing around a CB droid, the droid automatically runs into the artillery and overrides human control. That's the only odd part.
Lassar
New user

Post by Lassar »

I was talking about warzone 3.1.5

Did not know that a new version had came out.

I have given up on warzone 2100 because of these trucks.

I don't like babysitting squirming trucks.

I have a trick, so trucks can take out defenses by building a defense structure against the defense.

It only works good, if the trucks don't squirm.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

The repair behaviour has a range of 5 tiles if the unit is not on 'hold', and I don't think this has been changed in 3.2. Is this too far?
Lassar
New user

Post by Lassar »

I think it might be too far.

Might help the squirming a bit.

Does "hold position" still work, after you have told the truck to move to another position?
Minefake
New user

Post by Minefake »

I have the exact same problem my trucks will open the gates, and sometimes even go outside, letting in packs of cyborgs. I'm starting to think I should just put walls in place of gates, and take them down when tanks need to come through.
BETLOG
Greenhorn

Post by BETLOG »

I came here hoping someone had a strategy guide or a behaviour fix for this issue.
Do people discuss building strategy like this? I'd be very interested to see how people construct effective fortifications.

As Minefake said: I find it easier to just never research nor use gates in 99% of situations. They are just a guarantee that I'll suddenly be overrun.
However I have recently found *one* situation where they seem to work against bot behaviour. I'm sure they would instantly fail against a human opponent though - note the gates are on the right of the image, against the out of bounds space.
note the gates are on the right of the image. Because these are several squares deep in out of bounds space a bot will never go there. That said, I could probably leave the wall entirely open in the same place and a bot would also never get through either.<br />Map is visionx2
note the gates are on the right of the image. Because these are several squares deep in out of bounds space a bot will never go there. That said, I could probably leave the wall entirely open in the same place and a bot would also never get through either.
Map is visionx2
xfinnian
Trained
Trained

Post by xfinnian »

I have noticed trucks behaving oddly myself.
I will reply as soon as possible.
xfinnian
Trained
Trained

Post by xfinnian »

They run towards danger like total idiots! for example; one time i was playing. There was a railgun-vengance-hover attacking my repair bay. Then the trucks moved over to the repair bay and got shot by the enemy tank! I tried to stop them, but they where moving to fast. Someone should fix the script controlling the trucks.
I will reply as soon as possible.
pfollas2
Greenhorn

Post by pfollas2 »

yes true. This is annoying.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Give your trucks the secondary hold order and they stay where they are.
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

I often play an automatic robot war in team with another ai. when the ai accidently dies I give it a free truck or two and guess what it does: it immediately runs the only trucks it has directly into the enemy lines of tanks and fires to build up its home base where it was ...