How a 13 year old plays Warzone 2100

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
Tux101
Greenhorn

How a 13 year old plays Warzone 2100

Post by Tux101 »

To be honest that was a good title, considering how I play...

Before you try to teach this year 7 to take the intiative to attack I am just saying that I know what I am doing when I turtle. I mainly turtle because I love to see my technology smash those enemy units. I have managed to solve many turtling problems. I mainly play T3 advance bases with a hard ai and me vs the rest of the medium ai.

I dare you to play a T3 skirmish game on the map Hide'n'Seek. Use turtling stratergies and tactics. Then put your savefile on dis thread. If you need some turtling help then just ask me.
A 13 year old Warzoner penguin using Ubuntu 14.04 with almost no internet and the using second worse the computer in the house. Great.
The Overlord
Trained
Trained

Re: How a 13 year old plays Warzone 2100

Post by The Overlord »

Unfortunately, the forum is telling me that "The extension gam is not allowed" or I would have uploaded my savegame. :(

Here is a screenshot though! :D
wz2100-20141118_213507-Sk-HideNSneak-T3.jpg
My settings were: ffa with insane nexus AI, though 1v7 with insane nullbot would probably be harder.
Warzone 2100 is love, life.
Member of the BDC clan and adept at multiplayer battles. Feel free to PM me questions about multiplayer.
Tux101
Greenhorn

Post by Tux101 »

To be perfectly honest I would never put insane null bot. Nexus yes but Nullbot on insane is just gonna kill you before you can even locate his base.

I see you have gone with the option of putting all your defenses on the ridge. Did you do that with units or not? Even though I turtle I sill relie on units to help me get pass the first stage. Anyway good going Overlord!
A 13 year old Warzoner penguin using Ubuntu 14.04 with almost no internet and the using second worse the computer in the house. Great.
The Overlord
Trained
Trained

Post by The Overlord »

I didn't use units, just howies and sensor. :D
Warzone 2100 is love, life.
Member of the BDC clan and adept at multiplayer battles. Feel free to PM me questions about multiplayer.
Tux101
Greenhorn

Post by Tux101 »

Awesome!

Using Contingency I set up a bunch of units to defend the base until I got a fortress or two up. Then I researched like mad until my build menu was tab apon tab of defensive structers. Then I started building a wall around my base. Behind that wall was arty. That left a walk way for any trucks to repair critically damaged structers. Then I made use of the Super Transports and built a second base in the top left corner.
Pantifax
New user

Post by Pantifax »

I was 13 when the game first came out and the tech tree stopped at heavy cannon and cobra bodies, played many turtle games against the ai though, before dialup internet usage became a flat rate fee and then rushing was the way forward.

Ohh the nostalgia.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

I remember how a 13 year old plays WZ. You play confused and unsure what the little icons mean in the design screen
You play not knowing the sensor radius of sensors.
Skirmish is non-existent
You believe the latest research is always best. Go Go super slow Track heavy bodies!
Squishing people is really fun.