LAN in France

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
karamel
Trained
Trained

LAN in France

Post by karamel »

Hello

I'm currently working on creating a gaming room based upon free software games in Lille (France). The next LAN (well, gathering in an arcade room which has 8 high-end PCs) is scheduled on may 16th and is dedicated to Warzone 2100.

I began not long ago and am still trying to get known and to gather enough local players to set regular events. I'm not playing during these LAN, or just a little. Instead I'm introducing the game to new players, mostly free software enthousiasts, and planning some stuff for the session to be fun for everyone.

I'm trying to introduce the "spirit" of the game, but I don't think it is possible to enjoy vanilla skirmishes right after 10 minutes playing. So I'm thinking about using Battleplan on medium oil maps to get the concepts of getting derricks quickly, weapon modifiers, handling researches then gradually introduce more things like sensors, commanders, experience, recycling…

If you have any idea or suggestion to move to the original game I would really appreciate. By the way the campaign is great and I will invite anyone to finish it (if they haven't already done it they will still discover a lot of things).