Starting Power Levels Clarification/AI Stealing

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
HanSolo0001
New user

Starting Power Levels Clarification/AI Stealing

Post by HanSolo0001 »

So when you begin hosting a skirmish/multiplayer game, it has three different power options to choose from at the starting point of the game when you're creating it. There is high, medium, and low power levels. Does this mean you start with high power and what not, or does it mean you can only get up to a certain amount of power throughout the game? I have searched Google, and also have searched a little bit in the forums for an answer to this, but didn't get much luck. So I decided to ask it anyway. Also, is there a way to prevent the friendly AI from stealing the oil derricks on your land?
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Starting Power Levels Clarification/AI Stealing

Post by Berg »

HanSolo0001 wrote:Does this mean you start with high power and what not, or does it mean you can only get up to a certain amount of power throughout the game?

This means your starting power adjustment the amount of power you can save up to is mostly unlimited if you dont use it.
HanSolo0001 wrote:Also, is there a way to prevent the friendly AI from stealing the oil derricks on your land?

Be faster then your ally ...they are set to get as much oil as they can so the AI dont care if your a ally it takes your oil.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

Prevent stealing by using the Nullbot AI and building a command center early on close to your derricks - I think they won't build derricks within 20 or so squares of your command center - not sure you would have to ask NoQ about that one!
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

NullBot doesn't steal derricks that are closer to your CC than to his. But i still think this is never useful: if even AI can take oils that are closer to you than to him, then you should play better, consider this to be a practice. I'm also not sure if Nexus takes oils from nearer to farther.

Power levels parameter affects power generation effectiveness, not starting amount. It's too easy to see it by experiment, no need to even google.