Why has one Mod to cancel the other

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Why has one Mod to cancel the other

Post by montetank »

I seem to belong probably to the 80% (?) WZ-lovers who prefer all these maps quietly and all by myself. Naturally i choose as enemy the viral Extra Nullbots from NoQ, the machine gun runners are at times real headbangers.

My question: could you somehow, in the future, make it possible for many different Mods to be used at the same time? I really do like the glacier modus for the Rocky Landscapes.

I am a total computer newbie as far as programming. Just asking, why has one Mod to cancel the other?
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Why has one Mod to cancel the other

Post by NoQ »

It is already possible, just try it out.

In 3.1.0 there is a bug with saving games with multiple mods, but it is already fixed for future releases.

But naturally some mods will conflict anyway. If one mod sets machinegun damage to 10 (or terrain color to red) and another mod sets machinegun damage to 20 (or terrain color to blue), there is no way they won't conflict, and you'd have to prefer one of them.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Thanks for the info, NoQ.
Yes-the problem with "saving games" is another story. I cant play your great map-mod "ANCHOR". I have not the time to play longer than 30 minutes. And you know what happend, when i save the game....
But ok-it will be fixed for future releases.

Regards
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I guess you could merge them manually if you are really looking forward it.

Just unzip the 2 files, copy/merge one folder into the other, rezip the file, rename .wz
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Will try it-thanks Iluvalar