Chat commands for Nexus / Semperfi?

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Chat commands for Nexus / Semperfi?

Post by aubergine »

Is there a list of chat commands for Nexus AI and Semperfi AI?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Chat commands for Nexus / Semperfi?

Post by NoQ »

"help me", "autogame [on/off]", "aidebug [on/off]".
That's all i think. Things they say themselves are a bit more varied.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

I tried help me the other day and it didn't seem to do anything, my ai partner didn't help at all... on another note, Nullbot is nasty if you let him a leg up. I was playing the other night and the game dragged for quite some hours and in the end my partner (two human against AI) quit and then they came and owned me. After that I flew into a rage and turned on cheat mode and start constructing rocket fortress around their bases yet it did nothing, after that sepherim emplacements inside their bases finally did it, but I think I must have put at least a few hundred in there to finally kill the bastards.
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I had similar match just last night - it was on the Aurora map (see screenshots topic elsewhere for pics) and I foolishly decided to start on the smaller bases. Me and 3 nullbots vs. 4 nullbots, with the enemy occupying the big bases. At the start of the game it was quite evenly balanced, lots of give and take. But suddenly the enemy wiped out one of my allies and from that point on I was at a major research disadvantage - the enemy had 5 extra labs. The game went on for hours, with them eventually taking out my two remaining allies just as we managed to kill one of their team. I relocated to the site of the defeated enemy base and started to turtle - there was no way I was going to win a land war against 3 established and tech-superior nullbots. I managed to get my base defending itself and then started to chip away at them with sensor droids to guide my arty and missiles. But while I was clearing one area, they were building up elsewhere. In the end it got to the point where I had half the map covered with ground shakers, incendiary howitzers and archangel missiles and even with all that they were still surviving. After a while, NullBot starts to turtle and their bases were surrounded by hundreds of stormbringers and assorted arty and missiles. It was a serious grind and in the end I was so exhausted chipping away at them that I went in to cheat mode and just started laying row after row of heavy weapons -- even doing that it still took over 30 mins to finally eradicate them.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

and assorted arty and missiles.
Use mobile tracked artillery on those.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

Oh yeah I have had a quite a few games like that, good old Nullbot can turtle like a boss... speaking of which, do you guys have some good turtling tactics? I have noticed that if the enemy (normally multiplayer) gets to my base it is normally game over. I think if I could mass some heavy cannon units in there and then have the defenses to hammer them before they break thru I could then bust out and move up their reinforcement line... the main thing is having the defences to hold them off, this is tricky because normally in multiplayer games (I am talking about those infinite oil maps) you have to establish a forward defense so you end up having to juggle base defense, forward defense as well as trying to coordinate an attack (and research or you get your team all shitty with ya).

In regards to base defenses I had a game the other night and I set up a heep of rocket towers behind double walls, as well as lots of machine gun bunkers. this really hammered them, but unfortunately I didn't manage to build up enough heavy units to break out... before they broke in lol.

Thinking on this I would like to know is it better to build like towers (rocket, lancer, etc behind double walls or should I use massed hardpoints ( as most seem to do ). The enemy doesn't seem to autotarget walls like they do hardpoints / weapon emplacements so it does seem to add more micromangment on the part of the enemy. The thing I like is that you can build the walls while waiting for the research. I was thinking of a line of say lancer towers and MRA behind them and then say morters all behind a double wall.

I was looking at the guide and the lancer hardpoint is $25 more than the lancer tower and while this doesn't seem much, if you are building masses of them it should add up - also I am guessing it would be quicker to build a tower than a hardpoint (which is important). Hmm I better go and have a few games to test :)
Seems to me absurd
~
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Best turtling tactic: Don't turtle. :)

Big disadvantage with turtling is that you can't move your weapons to where you need them to be. Instead, they just sit there out of range of enemy, or sit there while enemy shoots them to pieces.

However, that being said... Ground shakers and incendiary motars are full of awesome win. Ground shakers in particular rip through enemy defences. Don't forget to add CB sensors to your base, near your own long-range weapons. It's awesome watching two bases shooting at each other!
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

aubergine wrote:Best turtling tactic: Don't turtle. :)
Oh yes I agree completely, but when you are pushed back... well you can't help but need to turtle, at least long enough to build up enough units to break out again. 99% of the time I have lost when put on the back foot so I am just trying to find a way to salvage something if I have messed up or been owned in the initial battles lol
Seems to me absurd
~