Host a LAN warzone game

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
Tanza
New user

Host a LAN warzone game

Post by Tanza »

Hello gorgeous people!
I have a small issue with this game concerning the multiplayer aspect. Today i played a LAN game, yes a local area network game with my brother while the warzone site and lobby server were down. It was all seeming to go quite well except as soon as the lobby server became up and running again i can no longer host. I do know why this is but am curious why it has to be this way. The reason is port 2100 on my router isn't forwarded(or blocked) and i have no intention to do so, especially since i can host LAN games of warzone while the lobby server is down. What i want to know, is that is there a way to say replicate my situation? I want to be able to play LAN games of warzone and not connect or try to connect to the lobby server to play a local game... Is there a option some where orrr?? If i do host, i get a failed to connect to lobby server etc etc and the game pretty much freezes because, I'm assuming its constantly trying to connect to the lobby server.... Which i do not want...

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Tanza
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Host a LAN warzone game

Post by NoQ »

Add this to the FAQ somebody ...

Don't bother about the lobbyserver messages at all. When you play on LAN, you connect by IP and not via lobby. If you don't want your game to connect to the lobby at all, change its address to localhost in your config file.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Tanza
New user

Post by Tanza »

Thanks guy really appreciated! :D
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Good stuff. You should add it to the WZ wiki.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

If you use the ip system in the game there is no need to change any part of the config file at all.
Just get the host machines ip and tell everyone to connect to it via the join game link that has lobby or ip option.
No need to make this method sound more complex than it is Fellars
join.png
ip.png
Dr-Hanc
New user

Post by Dr-Hanc »

Thank you for the localhost hint. Worked for me.
Solved my problem hosting a LAN game.
Just planning on playing on a LAN since I am behind a router without port forward and I don't intend to use the online function in the game just yet.
When hosting a game for LAN as soon as I confirm the basic settings to get to the player selection the game gives me the online server error message and starts to crawl. Clicking something takes 15 secs to get a reaction. If someone joins during that process already the reaction time crawls down to 30 seconds per action. Click flag (wait 30 secs) Click color (wait 30 secs) Select a spot (30secs) Select an AI (30secs) ... Once the game launches it works without a hitch
Clearly this is unintended and setting the online server to 127.0.0.1 in the config worked beautifully for me.

Thanks