MP Stuff In SP

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
Jabol
Trained
Trained

MP Stuff In SP

Post by Jabol »

Hello, I've finished the campaign two times, one time without cheats and second time with cheats.
I have a weird feeling while playing campaign, when SP has less stuff than the MP has.
So here is the question: Is this possible to have, for example, the Wyvern/Dragon propulsions and weapons from MP to be put into SP? Because I am very curious how would the story go with that.

If there is a way, can you please explain it to me in steps how to do this? Or if it is in a mod, for example.
I have changed this signature because a developer thinks it's offensive.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: MP Stuff In SP

Post by NoQ »

Well, this won't be done in the base game, because they are trying to keep the campaign as close to original as possible. For instance, the campaign is still using old weapon and body stats that have nothing to do with mp stats. Also, research tree of the campaign never had anything to do with the mp tech tree, so porting new stuff requires certain creativity concerning where to put it.

To mod up mp things in sp, you need to edit files in base.wz (weapons.txt and structures.txt etc). to add things, and then ... not sure how things show up after you research it, but most likely files like resultcomponent.txt and resultstructure.txt to make them appear after they are researched, and finally check out prresearch.txt to edit research pre-requisites for the new techs. Not sure what exactly you should do if you want new stuff to be picked up as artifacts.
Jabol
Trained
Trained

Post by Jabol »

What about bringing the new structures and weapons using the debug menu?
I have no problem with the research thingy not showing up, I can aswell bring it to the debug menu.
If you know how to do it, then can you tell me how do I put the MP stuff into the SP stuff or it's best to not do this?
I have changed this signature because a developer thinks it's offensive.
RedShocktrooper
Trained
Trained

Post by RedShocktrooper »

This actually always bugged me, how the Campaign balance was nothing like the Skirmish/Multiplayer one. Any chance that, in the future, Campaign could be adjusted so that it actually uses Skirmish/Multiplayer stats for weapons and bodies?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Campaign could be adjusted
It couldn't, read the first line of the first reply.
RedShocktrooper
Trained
Trained

NoQ wrote:
Campaign could be adjusted
It couldn't, read the first line of the first reply.
It just seems very... wallbanging that it's like that, I dunno. Maybe I should look into trying to create a "Modern Balance" mod for the campaigns, digging one up, or looking into how to make Warzone mods. (Not like I haven't pondered 'em. I've toyed with the idea of trying to piece together a Warzone 1930 of sorts, but that's a topic for another thread.)
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

@RedShockTrooper: Some of the stuff that's exclusive to multiplayer, like the Wyvern and Dragon bodies, and the Fortresses, were most likely added in various patches AFTER the game came out. The folks at Pumpkin Studios, if they were still around, probably would've had to create an expansion pack, or some special missions, if they wanted to add those to single player, but for now, you'll just have to wait until a singleplayer mod comes around (like Goth-Zagog's Chapter 4 campaign).
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

I think it you want to see any major changes to the original campaigns you will need to edit the files for the campaigns by hand of ask bendib if he has any plans on changing any of the original values or adding in anything to the original campaigns.

Even my own plans with my fork for the original campaigns will only be enhancements rather than altering the story or adding any new weapons or buildings. Tech on the other hand... well I have some ideas on branching a few missions out in the event of mission failures such as in Cam 1 when you have to stop NP from shipping out the syn link tech. Fail the mission and you have to find a new source for syn link tech. That in turn will lead to a few changes here and there but nothing to completely alter the story. Will, as far as I know, also require a few code changes too I think. Hope not.. would like to keep this all done in scripts and wrf files.
RedShocktrooper
Trained
Trained

Lord Apocalypse wrote:I think it you want to see any major changes to the original campaigns you will need to edit the files for the campaigns by hand of ask bendib if he has any plans on changing any of the original values or adding in anything to the original campaigns.

Even my own plans with my fork for the original campaigns will only be enhancements rather than altering the story or adding any new weapons or buildings. Tech on the other hand... well I have some ideas on branching a few missions out in the event of mission failures such as in Cam 1 when you have to stop NP from shipping out the syn link tech. Fail the mission and you have to find a new source for syn link tech. That in turn will lead to a few changes here and there but nothing to completely alter the story. Will, as far as I know, also require a few code changes too I think. Hope not.. would like to keep this all done in scripts and wrf files.
I'm actually cool with not having multiplayer only weapons and such, but I'd like to try and edit the balance in there, so that things act like their multiplayer counterparts.
raycast
Trained
Trained

Post by raycast »

Instead of reworking the campaign to use all of the MP tech tree and use the MP balance -- which probably still won't be comparable, because in campaign you will likely have hero units at the end; in MP I barely get half advanced units -- I'd suggest that a number of motivated people get together and do a complete new campaign from scratch, based on the MP stats.

It's simple: repeatedly updating the existing campaign to get all the new balance in is a pretty boring work. Trying to fit in all the new bodies without changing the story will be a pain. I figure it may be much cooler and motivating for people if they can just start from scratch and do an entirely new campaign instead. Could be essentially the same story - nexus - or it could even be a different story. It could be a "nexus II" - it wasn't the true/sole nexus they killed, but there was a backup copy somewhere, and it reactivates and destroys the whole project fraction so it has to start again. This would also allow adding new landscape tilesets - say, the new survivors start in Alaska, then slowly work their way south. Rockies, then an episode with open grasslands that give you little cover and you need multiple commanders to keep your battle lines.
RedShocktrooper
Trained
Trained

raycast wrote:Instead of reworking the campaign to use all of the MP tech tree and use the MP balance -- which probably still won't be comparable, because in campaign you will likely have hero units at the end; in MP I barely get half advanced units -- I'd suggest that a number of motivated people get together and do a complete new campaign from scratch, based on the MP stats.

It's simple: repeatedly updating the existing campaign to get all the new balance in is a pretty boring work. Trying to fit in all the new bodies without changing the story will be a pain. I figure it may be much cooler and motivating for people if they can just start from scratch and do an entirely new campaign instead. Could be essentially the same story - nexus - or it could even be a different story. It could be a "nexus II" - it wasn't the true/sole nexus they killed, but there was a backup copy somewhere, and it reactivates and destroys the whole project fraction so it has to start again. This would also allow adding new landscape tilesets - say, the new survivors start in Alaska, then slowly work their way south. Rockies, then an episode with open grasslands that give you little cover and you need multiple commanders to keep your battle lines.
I was seriously just thinking of giving the stuff that's already in the campaigns the stats from the multiplayer. Like, for instance, Light Medium and Heavy cannons. In multiplayer, they have .5 more range than one another (with Light having the shortest, and Heavy the longest), while in Campaign they all have the same range (Something like 7.5, I think), among various other changes (Campaign flamethrowers have a much slower ROF than Skirmish/MP ones, for instance,) for a more consistant experience.

I'm alright with not having Wyvern and Dragon in the Campaign, and in fact I think they wouldn't work in it.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

raycast wrote:do a complete new campaign from scratch, based on the MP stats ... I figure it may be much cooler and motivating for people if they can just start from scratch and do an entirely new campaign instead.
Cam4 anyone? not sure where Goth got to (I think he got et by a RL monster) and it seems to have stalled but last I knew it was mostly done.

Do a forum search and try it out. It was prety cool last time I tested it.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual