Was mission 1-6 always this easy?

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
Stratadrake
Trained
Trained

Was mission 1-6 always this easy?

Post by Stratadrake »

You get 30 minutes to build a "forward base" while fending off invading New Paradigm transports.

So I built a factory in the designated area, flanked it with a few bunkers, then started patrolling with my main assault group. Within 8 minutes I get "Objective Accomplished" - what? I only took out about 2 or 3 transports' worth of targets. No scouring every last square inch of the map for stragglers.

How did it end so quickly?
Strata @dA, @FAC
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Was mission 1-6 always this easy?

Post by NoQ »

You need to build structures and kill all enemy tanks present on the map before the next transport comes. This can be accomplished in ~1 minute. I think it has always been that way.
iap
Trained
Trained

Post by iap »

Well if I play it now it would be too easy for me. But when I first started it was a good learning curve.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I wonder if you know the way to beat 1-3 (first away mission) in less than two minutes (:
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

iap wrote:Well if I play it now it would be too easy for me. But when I first started it was a good learning curve.
I agree. :)
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

When I was a noob, the only difficult mission to win was the mission that you have to atack some units of the new paradigm that were searching for artefacts. All the other missions of Alpha team were easy.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Stratadrake
Trained
Trained

Post by Stratadrake »

Yeah, that was about the only mission with a specific failure condition (if the Paradigm's away team leaves the map with the artifact, which takes about 10-15 minutes). And unlike other transport missions, the clock is already ticking while you're loading the transport - the longer it takes you to launch, the less time you have to stop them. So yeah, you do need to hurry.
Strata @dA, @FAC
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Post by matthewfarmery »

not keen on that mission, but I do like the alpha missions, not too tricky, with a decent commander / and group