Campaign Walkthrough continuing from GAMMA 6

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!

Re: Campaign Walkthrough continuing from GAMMA 6

Postby montetank » 18 Apr 2014, 23:32

Pangaea wrote:

Do we know WHEN the problem occurs? I guess not as it hasn't been fixed yet, but do you have any idea if the fault lies with gamma 2 or in gamma 6, or anywhere in between?

Maybe i am wrong, but i noticed, that the rescued units in Gamma 2 dont arrive in Gamma 6, when i build to much ripplerockets and howitzers and the sensortowers like mousemaster describes at the entrance for the gamma 6 mission. When i did not build the sensortowers and the artillery the rescued units arrived and everything is ok. It can be no coincidence. But make it, like i describe above. Send all your experienced units to recycle in Gamma 2 and only 1 truck to the rescuezone. The screenshot shows which towers i mean.
Attachments
G3_SWguard.JPG
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Postby Pangaea » 19 Apr 2014, 04:31

montetank wrote:Maybe i am wrong, but i noticed, that the rescued units in Gamma 2 dont arrive in Gamma 6, when i build to much ripplerockets and howitzers and the sensortowers like mousemaster describes at the entrance for the gamma 6 mission. When i did not build the sensortowers and the artillery the rescued units arrived and everything is ok. It can be no coincidence. But make it, like i describe above. Send all your experienced units to recycle in Gamma 2 and only 1 truck to the rescuezone. The screenshot shows which towers i mean.

From where have you tried this experiment, all the way from gamma 2, or say, from gamma 5? Many times, or one each?

The reason I ask is that I just tried several things myself from gamma 5. Tried a few more times with all the infrastructure up, but still no units showed up. Then removed the sensor and CB towers. No change. Then removed everything basically. Sensors, CBs, artillery, and various weapons that sealed off the southern entrance, and everything in the SW corner.

Still no change :( The units just don't show up.

I could try this from gamma 2, but I want to be sure they show up if I go back to that point again, which probably means the total recycling is the best approach. However, I've read that experience isn't kept from recycle-rebuild cycles if you save and quit the game. Is this still the case? I think it's getting stored now, but I'm not 100% sure.

wz2100-20140419_033317-SUB_3_2S.jpg
Original setup.

wz2100-20140419_035939-CAM3A-B.jpg
Without towers in the SW.

wz2100-20140419_040629-CAM3A-B.jpg
With everything cleared.
Pangaea
Trained
Trained

Postby montetank » 19 Apr 2014, 12:41

Pangaea wrote:.

I could try this from gamma 2, but I want to be sure they show up if I go back to that point again, which probably means the total recycling is the best approach. However, I've read that experience isn't kept from recycle-rebuild cycles if you save and quit the game. Is this still the case? I think it's getting stored now, but I'm not 100% sure.

I recycled all my units in Gamma 2 -except one truck and build them again in Gamma 3. The experience will not be lost. And don`t forget to recycle the experience units before the "Hahaha-mission" starts. Build the units again in Gamma 5 after the first research against nexus . In Gamma 6 build enough sensor/Cb-towers, enough artillery and 10 cb and sensor-Hovers (without experience). Move with your hovers into the enemy-areas. Your artillery will destroy most of the enemy bases. Gamma 6 is very simple :wink:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Postby Pangaea » 20 Apr 2014, 02:29

Yes, I suppose the most reliable solution now is to recycle everything in gamma 2 and rebuild them in gamma 6. Or alternatively earlier, and then recycle them again for the HAHA mission.

Wish it was possible to get to the bottom of this though, because it's an incredibly annoying bug. Rebuilding 40-odd units isn't cheap either, and I liked them the way they were, with their proper experience spread out the way they got it, instead of how they will be rebuilt. I'm just weird that way.
Pangaea
Trained
Trained

Postby Ranger » 07 Nov 2014, 03:06

3.1.1, saved-units-not-appearing at start of gamma 6 bug still present.

Frustrating.
Ranger
Greenhorn

Postby minhnim » 01 Mar 2015, 18:03

I don't know if this is the bug you are talking about but I also don't see any of my units returned from Gamma 2 at the beginning of Gamma 6, and at Gamma 7, while trying to build some missile emplacement at the SE corner, what a surprise ... though these units are blocked and can not be used till Gamma 9. I dont know if it is reported yet?
wz2100-20150301_164516-CAM3A-D1.png
Mission 6 bug?
minhnim
New user

Previous

Return to Campaign