All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: Campaign Walkthrough continuing from GAMMA 6

Post by montetank »

Pangaea wrote:

Do we know WHEN the problem occurs? I guess not as it hasn't been fixed yet, but do you have any idea if the fault lies with gamma 2 or in gamma 6, or anywhere in between?
Maybe i am wrong, but i noticed, that the rescued units in Gamma 2 dont arrive in Gamma 6, when i build to much ripplerockets and howitzers and the sensortowers like mousemaster describes at the entrance for the gamma 6 mission. When i did not build the sensortowers and the artillery the rescued units arrived and everything is ok. It can be no coincidence. But make it, like i describe above. Send all your experienced units to recycle in Gamma 2 and only 1 truck to the rescuezone. The screenshot shows which towers i mean.
Attachments
G3_SWguard.JPG
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Pangaea
Trained
Trained

Post by Pangaea »

montetank wrote: Maybe i am wrong, but i noticed, that the rescued units in Gamma 2 dont arrive in Gamma 6, when i build to much ripplerockets and howitzers and the sensortowers like mousemaster describes at the entrance for the gamma 6 mission. When i did not build the sensortowers and the artillery the rescued units arrived and everything is ok. It can be no coincidence. But make it, like i describe above. Send all your experienced units to recycle in Gamma 2 and only 1 truck to the rescuezone. The screenshot shows which towers i mean.
From where have you tried this experiment, all the way from gamma 2, or say, from gamma 5? Many times, or one each?

The reason I ask is that I just tried several things myself from gamma 5. Tried a few more times with all the infrastructure up, but still no units showed up. Then removed the sensor and CB towers. No change. Then removed everything basically. Sensors, CBs, artillery, and various weapons that sealed off the southern entrance, and everything in the SW corner.

Still no change :( The units just don't show up.

I could try this from gamma 2, but I want to be sure they show up if I go back to that point again, which probably means the total recycling is the best approach. However, I've read that experience isn't kept from recycle-rebuild cycles if you save and quit the game. Is this still the case? I think it's getting stored now, but I'm not 100% sure.
Original setup.
Original setup.
Without towers in the SW.
Without towers in the SW.
With everything cleared.
With everything cleared.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Pangaea wrote:.

I could try this from gamma 2, but I want to be sure they show up if I go back to that point again, which probably means the total recycling is the best approach. However, I've read that experience isn't kept from recycle-rebuild cycles if you save and quit the game. Is this still the case? I think it's getting stored now, but I'm not 100% sure.
I recycled all my units in Gamma 2 -except one truck and build them again in Gamma 3. The experience will not be lost. And don`t forget to recycle the experience units before the "Hahaha-mission" starts. Build the units again in Gamma 5 after the first research against nexus . In Gamma 6 build enough sensor/Cb-towers, enough artillery and 10 cb and sensor-Hovers (without experience). Move with your hovers into the enemy-areas. Your artillery will destroy most of the enemy bases. Gamma 6 is very simple :wink:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Pangaea
Trained
Trained

Post by Pangaea »

Yes, I suppose the most reliable solution now is to recycle everything in gamma 2 and rebuild them in gamma 6. Or alternatively earlier, and then recycle them again for the HAHA mission.

Wish it was possible to get to the bottom of this though, because it's an incredibly annoying bug. Rebuilding 40-odd units isn't cheap either, and I liked them the way they were, with their proper experience spread out the way they got it, instead of how they will be rebuilt. I'm just weird that way.
Ranger
Greenhorn

Post by Ranger »

3.1.1, saved-units-not-appearing at start of gamma 6 bug still present.

Frustrating.
minhnim
New user

Post by minhnim »

I don't know if this is the bug you are talking about but I also don't see any of my units returned from Gamma 2 at the beginning of Gamma 6, and at Gamma 7, while trying to build some missile emplacement at the SE corner, what a surprise ... though these units are blocked and can not be used till Gamma 9. I dont know if it is reported yet?
Mission 6 bug?
Mission 6 bug?
mest1504
New user

Post by mest1504 »

I'm playing on 3.1.1. and also had the issue of units from GAMMA 2 not appearing on GAMMA 6. I checked the savegames on disk and found a neat way to have all units magically reappear. Basically, I'm importing them from an older savegame. Here's how it goes:

On Linux, your savegames sit at a hidden folder .warzone2100-3.1 within your user folder. On Windows, I assume it's somewhere within your user folder as well. Each savegame contains a file called droid.ini, which simply lists all units, their positions on the map and further properties like experience, hit points, ....
I have savegames at the the start of every level. Interestingly, the savegame at the start of GAMMA 3 still contained my units saved in GAMMA 2, but the savegame at start of GAMMA 4 missed them already. (I assume they got lost somehow in between GAMMA 3 or the transition to GAMMA 4, but did not investigate that further as I only wanted to import them into my savegame on GAMMA 6).

Using any text editor (if you're on Windows I suggest using NotePad++, but the standard editor will do as well) you can copy&paste units to be imported from one savegame's droid.ini into another savegame's droid.ini. Before or after copy&pasting you need to fix:
  • In the droid.ini, each unit has its own section labelled something like [droid_0000000042]. You should adjust these labels such that there are no duplicates.
  • Each unit has a property called id. I assume, these must be unique as well, although I did not have to adjust them, as they were unique already.
  • Each unit has a property called position. I wanted to have all units appear at a location I could easily find them, so I changed that property to the location of some well known unit. You might want to build something easily identifyable like a Repair Turrent Bug or whatever you don't have already.
Afterwards, simply save the droid.ini file in your GAMMA 6 savegame, load it in game and – if everything went well – find all units appear precisely where you put them.

Obviously, you probably want to backup your savegames before doing this.

Additionally, I had some trucks stuck at a very weird location (don't know how they came there). Using above method I could easily "teleport" them where I wanted to have them.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Well completed Crocuta. thanks for picking up after the chain of depressing events cut me off. :)
DavidKwa
New user

Post by DavidKwa »

Hello, did anyone manage to finish the last mission on 3.3.0 ?
I honestly cannot live past the 3rd - 4th transport ship. The difficulty should be on Normal. I did the rest of the campain fairly smoothly with some minor hiccups when i had to stop the transport in alpha and so on but overall it seemed managable. However last mission i get bombarded on the LZ 20s after the second tranpsort ship lands. I tried to build counter battery but it gets smashed to pieces and cannot keep up for long. Vtols are also an issue but i cope with them. Even fortifications are out of the question. Nexus keeps on sending this Sensor unit who continuously signals his artillery to bombard my units to death. Every time i go kill it sacrificing plenty of units he just brings another one up 45s later. Am i missing something please? Got plenty of energy and saw your guide but I cannot do what you did. I would be attacked immediately. It is not a matter of not going past a spot at the LZ.

Thanks!! Also thanks for keeping the game alive.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

DavidKwa wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 19:40 Hello, did anyone manage to finish the last mission on 3.3.0 ?
Read the posts starting here on tips on how to beat the mission.

How this mission plays out is determined by your ability of survival at the beginning. Whatever you do, make sure your ready to fight when you leave the LZ area. There are trigger zones at the outside that will activate the AI to start attacking with full force in minutes.

Also a partial quote from one of my older posts:
In short, the most important thing to do is to survive the first couple assaults of artillery and units (especially those scourge VTOLs) and keep building CB towers and long ranged artillery until Nexus runs out of archangel missile artillery.
FerdPawlows
New user

Post by FerdPawlows »

Berserk Cyborg wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 04:24
DavidKwa wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 19:40 Hello, did anyone manage to finish the last mission on 3.3.0 ?
Read the posts starting here on tips on how to beat the mission.

How this mission plays out is determined by your ability of survival at the beginning. Whatever you do, make sure your ready to fight when you leave the LZ area. There are trigger zones at the outside that will activate the AI to start attacking with full force in minutes.

Also a partial quote from one of my older posts:
In short, the most important thing to do is to survive the first couple assaults of artillery and units (especially those scourge VTOLs) and keep building CB towers and long ranged artillery until Nexus runs out of archangel missile artillery.
Very interesting mission. There are many different tricks that can help in victory, but you need to think and look for the right path. Almost gone, I hope to get a victory by the end of the week.
trucane
New user

Post by trucane »

This walkthrough is sadly outdated and unusable. The last mission on Gamma is borderline impossible as the enemy missile batteries have much longer range than indicated, maybe they were buffed somewhere along the line but they can literally reach your LZ and destroy everything faster than you can reinforce. The game had been fairly fair in difficulty up to this point but this is just ridiculous
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

trucane wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 22:39 This walkthrough is sadly outdated and unusable. The last mission on Gamma is borderline impossible as the enemy missile batteries have much longer range than indicated, maybe they were buffed somewhere along the line but they can literally reach your LZ and destroy everything faster than you can reinforce. The game had been fairly fair in difficulty up to this point but this is just ridiculous
What difficulty are you playing? If you want some hints about how to survive the beginning you should have a look here