Alpha 7.5 Campaign

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
xtemper
Greenhorn

Alpha 7.5 Campaign

Post by xtemper »

Hello im new to this Board and i got some problems with the Alpha 7.5 Mission.

I have to build a base near the green dot and kill the enemy troops landing with the transporter at the red dots.
Im building next to the green dot: facility, power plant, repair station, research facility and some lancer bunkers but the time runs down and the mission is failed.

In the Walkthrough is only written:
ALPHA7.5

No screenshots this time.

Simple stage. Put up support structures around the flashing green dot, and kill stuff at the flashing red ones.

That's really all there is to it.

END ALPHA7.5
this doesnt help me in any way :lol2:

Im using the Hardcore Campaign Mode v2.0 with Warzone 2.3.6
drgnrdr
Trained
Trained

Re: Alpha 7.5 Campaign

Post by drgnrdr »

xtemper wrote:Hello im new to this Board and i got some problems with the Alpha 7.5 Mission.

I have to build a base near the green dot and kill the enemy troops landing with the transporter at the red dots.
Im building next to the green dot: facility, power plant, repair station, research facility and some lancer bunkers but the time runs down and the mission is failed.

ALPHA7.5

Simple stage. Put up support structures around the flashing green dot, and kill stuff at the flashing red ones.

END ALPHA7.5
this doesnt help me in any way :lol2:

You need to build the command relay center, a research center and build 2 hardpoints of your choice. The hardpoints have to be in the base area(on the concrete) for that mission to end. One other thing is the enemy has to attack or you don't end the mission. The red dot where they arrive to attack can't be heavily defended. I've learned the hard way to leave that area lightly defended till after they've attacked. They only have to attack once and be defeated to complete the mission.
xtemper
Greenhorn

Post by xtemper »

thats how i build but it still fails...
LZ compromised
Trained
Trained

Post by LZ compromised »

I didn't build any relays or factories. Just one Rep Facility and a bunch of defenses to bunker-block all enemy landing spots (so that the moment they land, they immediately have something to attack and hence don't move around that much, giving bombard pits a better chance).

I did the cams three times and I still can't make heads or tails of what exactly the winning condition is. Sometimes all it takes is destroying two tank groups and the mission is done in 5 minutes. Sometimes I'm running around the place waiting for the next transport, and lose even though I know for sure no NP tanks are present.

So yeah, repair facility, bunkers, pits, mini-pod towers.

EDIT: oh, and none of those defenses are on the gray "base" territory. All on cliffs and, as mentioned above, close to NP landing zones (red flashing dots).
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
—Bill Cosby
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

xtemper wrote:Hello im new to this Board and i got some problems with the Alpha 7.5 Mission.

ALPHA7.5

END ALPHA7.5
xtemper wrote:this doesnt help me in any way :lol2:

The Walkthru is strictly for the Stock Pumpkin Campaign and your playing Black Project's Hardcore Campaign Mode Mod and while Black Project's modifications did not change the Victory Conditions the changes he did make necessitate different tacs and those tacs will severely impact your ability to manage the timer constraint especially in the latter half / ending of the Alpha sequence.

I already spoke to those different tacs in Black Project's Hardcore Campaign Mode Mod thread so I would suggest checking that out if you haven't already. I'll also mention that I was not aware that this mod was compatible with the v.2.3.6 binary and that I played through it on a much older binary - which is to say there may be some "issues" that have NOTHING to do with tacs here.

Did you play the STOCK Campaign before moving on to play Black Project's Hardcore Campaign Mode Mod ?

- RV :hmm:

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
xtemper
Greenhorn

Post by xtemper »

What is the Stock campaign? do you mean the standard campaign of warzone 2100? yes i played this through something like 9 years ago :lol2:

I got a new question...how do i recognize if the mod is working or not? I just think this mod doesnt work, because im weak warzone player but i beat them really easy...are there any changes in the maps or the enemy? is there anything how i could know it?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

xtemper wrote:What is the Stock campaign? do you mean the standard campaign of warzone 2100? yes i played this through something like 9 years ago :lol2:

I got a new question...how do i recognize if the mod is working or not? I just think this mod doesnt work, because im weak warzone player but i beat them really easy...are there any changes in the maps or the enemy? is there anything how i could know it?
If you're beating 'em real easy the mod is likely NOT working properly with the current binary.

All I can tell you is this mod worked just fine with 2.1.3 Version and it may be worth your while to run it with that older binary instead.

The mod does not change the maps in any way.... the enemy is changed throughout in various ways to make them more formidable... starting with the Scavs of course.

I too played the original Campaign back in April 1999 and thought it wasn't all that tough - this Mod is way tough and took me weeks to conquer and I thoroughly enjoyed the different challenges it presented... way more interesting to me than the way the original was constructed.

You may also take a look at whippersnapper's comments in the original thread about playing the Mod here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2777

Good luck ! Rman. :)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
xtemper
Greenhorn

Post by xtemper »

Hmmm well, i recognized some weapons were changed for example the lancers damage and look...

I played this until the end, but it wasent that hard. I think the mod worked with this version, bcz nearly all weapons were changed, the collective had nexus bodies on vtols and there were new weapons in the last battle. I just think the AI cant deal with artillery.

I was reading the changelog of the mod and the changes worked on my version. Can you send me some savegames with the Hardcore Campaign mod and Warzone 2.1.3? So i can compare it...plz :P
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

The only was to be sure we are taking about & playing the same thing is if you have done a clean install of v.2.1.3 and are only running this Mod on HARD. I'm not sure that's what's going on with your end and just giving you one of my saves is not the way to go about it under those uncertainties.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
xtemper
Greenhorn

Post by xtemper »

I have done a clean Warzone 2.1.3 installation than i only added the hardcore campaign mod, but i dont want to do all of those missions again when there isnt anything differnt to the mod with warzone 2.3.6

so im looking for some savegames on version 2.1.3 with hardcore campaign mod. i hope someone could upload some for me

the changes i had in last mission: -the enemy had tomahawk artillery, after i captured an artifact i was also able to build them
-i was able to build the nexus plasma cannon artillery

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

xtemper wrote:I have done a clean Warzone 2.1.3 installation than i only added the hardcore campaign mod, but i dont want to do all of those missions again when there isnt anything differnt to the mod with warzone 2.3.6

I do not think that the stock unit stats are the same between the 2 versions - & that makes a world difference in that I do not think, straight-up, you could have completed Alpha Cam running HCCMM in 2.1.3.

As a follow-up to my last point (and really the point of all my posts here from jump)...

I played the original and BPs Mod CAM many times over the years and know them both fairly well so let me a ask you a simple, straight forward question.

In BP's Mod Cam there is one thing you HAVE to do to complete the Alpha section that in the original Cam you do not have to do at all to complete. What is that one thing ? :3

Last edited by Rman Virgil on 09 Jan 2011, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
xtemper
Greenhorn

Post by xtemper »

hmm well i will try it again with the 2.1.3 version and i hope its more difficult. but still i hope someone could send me some savegames from hardcore campaign mod and warzone 2.1.3

anyway ty for all your replies