Help!

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
Moridin
New user

Help!

Post by Moridin »

Hi!

Only recently I discovered warzone and I love this game! But I can't beat lvl 11 of the alpha mission.
It's the one where you have to keep the enemy from getting away after recovering artefacts, you have 30 min to do so.

I researched the map on the internet and found several talks where ppl said that you only got half the time, around 15 minutes.

I played plenty of times and got to the enemy in 7 minutes. However, everytime i get close to his base and my and his tanks are fighting, his transport is taking off right away. I have no possibility to stop it.
Already I have tried destroying all scavanger bases first, destroying none at all, guarding the red spot in the middle canyon (even though noone is there).

Everytime, whether it takes me 7 minutes or 25 to get to the enemy base, as I do so he takes off this instant.

Can you help me please?

thanks!

btw I play Warzone 2100 Old 1.10 Balance
drgnrdr
Trained
Trained

Re: Help!

Post by drgnrdr »

Moridin wrote:Hi!

Only recently I discovered warzone and I love this game! But I can't beat lvl 11 of the alpha mission.
It's the one where you have to keep the enemy from getting away after recovering artefacts, you have 30 min to do so.

I researched the map on the internet and found several talks where ppl said that you only got half the time, around 15 minutes.

I played plenty of times and got to the enemy in 7 minutes. However, everytime i get close to his base and my and his tanks are fighting, his transport is taking off right away. I have no possibility to stop it.
Already I have tried destroying all scavanger bases first, destroying none at all, guarding the red spot in the middle canyon (even though noone is there).

Everytime, whether it takes me 7 minutes or 25 to get to the enemy base, as I do so he takes off this instant.

Can you help me please?

thanks!

btw I play Warzone 2100 Old 1.10 Balance
Read "The *NEW* Warzone walkthrough (Done with RED units)" in General discussion. It will give you some hints as to how to play. The part you want starts on the 3rd page and continues on the 4th. Be sure to read it all before you decide what to do. What works for you might not work for someone else. It depends on what you have in your arsenal.

drgnrdr
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

Go directly to the intersection and do not spend time killing the scavengers along the way, you should be waiting in the center with 25 minutes left on the timer see Warzone 2100 - SUB_1_7S.
Moridin
New user

Post by Moridin »

Hey Guys,

thanks for the help! Somehow I couldn't join for the past days, that's why I'm replying that late.
I belive that your stategies work well, but because my army is far away from my main base, I already always loose more than one minute in the beginning and am not able to win, even with the tips given above.
Doesn't matter though, since I've read the general tips of the new walkthrough I started playing from the beginning, collecting energy, securing the map and researching.
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

Take seven good tanks, two repair units, and one truck into the transport for the first shipment. Then quickly order the truck to make some MG bunkers to defend the LZ from the scavengers, then bring in ten tanks or nine tanks and another truck for the next transport shipment. Take the seven tanks and two repair units and assign them to a group, then send them down into the valley in the middle, but go to the far right and sit there and kill the enemy tanks when they try to come up. Then take the artifact. I hope this helps you.
My nicknames - Mattbrit -> TankMaster -> Dr Reed -> ??? :)