Mission Help Needed!

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
KevBal
Greenhorn

Mission Help Needed!

Post by KevBal »

Ied just like to apologize because im probably posting this into the wrong section. General discussion seemed to be the best match hahah.

Anyway I started playing this game back in 99 when a teacher of mine in high school gave me a pirated copy. Fun times were had by all. This game changed my life as a gamer. Ied also like to say that I'm glad someone finaly took this game by the balls and ran with it. Pumpkin Std is "challenged" for giving up this game.

To the POINT!: Alpha 7 or so i think. The forward base mission. PLayed this game many of times on WZ2100 ORIGINAL in between Gamespy matches and never had a problem. For some reason after ive set up my base the clock always counts down and I fail.

Here is what I do:
In every mission I drain the clock build up and research the most I can! - Durring this mission using my built up units i storm the map in about 10mins leaving the northern scavenger post alone. I build up the forward base, let my power max out, then storm the scavs. mission goes on, the enmy transports in but dies seconds after landing each time and then after about 5-6 invasions I sit back and watch my clock count down to "00:00" MISSION FAILED. every time! Im stumped... And yes im absolutely sure there are no enemies running around because im a defensive player. i have sats on every corner of the map. Satellite uplink aint got poo on me ;).

My OS is: OpenSuse Linux
KevBal
Greenhorn

Re: Mission Help Needed!

Post by KevBal »

I'm in a bit of a hurry here. Its been about 5 years sense i last played anyone but my father (who I got addicted to the game. the guy is 49 and plays daily on skirmish maps). Im playing campaigns to get the hang of the the new layout and get re-in-touched with the game. someone please help me.

* Once im back to my "norm" of strategical combat I plan on hosting my own WZ2100 or WZ2120 server... This game set the standards for MMORTS games! VIVA LA WARZONE!
drgnrdr
Trained
Trained

Post by drgnrdr »

There is a walkthrough in the Guide. This the link to the mission you want http://guide.wz2100.net/alpha7. There is another walkthrough here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3051. Either of these should help you.

drgnrdr
KevBal
Greenhorn

Post by KevBal »

I read both.... neither one specifies anything i havent done... Im starting to think its a port bug
drgnrdr
Trained
Trained

Post by drgnrdr »

I built a command relay center, upgraded research facility, a repair depot and 2 hardpoints( heavy machine gun and/or lancer at entrance on the concrete.) That usually finishes that mission provided there was an attack by the NP. If they don't attack you lose. Daltx has an good tutorial on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/TheDaltx. You need to watch Warzone 2100 - CAM_1A-C. That should help you.

drgnrdr
KevBal
Greenhorn

Post by KevBal »

grrr....
LoL thought I made this clear but I guess not. I built a fortress on the Plato and made it impossible for the enemy to survive after landing. It works perfectly every time on warzone original. Im not a noob at this game. I seriously think its a Port Bug.

Either that or the NP isnt attacking me because he cant land his transport? Any thoughts?
KevBal
Greenhorn

Post by KevBal »

KevBal wrote:
Either that or the NP isnt attacking me because he cant land his transport? Any thoughts?
Guess that was it... LoL out smart the NP and they just dont attack causing you to lose the game... funny little AI. Kinda like on skirmish maps, If I block in the AI it gives up.
KevBal
Greenhorn

Post by KevBal »

edit... dude next time u post a link to a tute make sure its for the right mission... got me making an ass outa myself on this last post that i am editing now lol.! Warzone 2100 - CAM_1A-C is not the forward base mission!
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Oh, is it the first "defense" mission? Well, as far as i remember, you need to build at least 4 buildings on the plateoux, at least 3 of which are defensive (e.g. towers or bunkers). And after that you need to destroy all enemy units.
KevBal
Greenhorn

Post by KevBal »

Well I got past this very odd mission. After I eliminated the enemy bases and established my forward base, killed all the NP's from the first drop zone it ended.

Funny thing though. If I leave the northern scavs alone until my power builds up then continue It never lets me win. very friggin weird. oh well.. gave up trying to beat it with max power. Now its time to take down np for good. peace
drgnrdr
Trained
Trained

Post by drgnrdr »

KevBal wrote:edit... dude next time u post a link to a tute make sure its for the right mission... got me making an ass outa myself on this last post that i am editing now lol.! Warzone 2100 - CAM_1A-C is not the forward base mission!
Sorry about that. I watched it 3 times to make sure. And still got it wrong. It was Warzone 2100 - CAM_1CA. I'm not sure how I goofed on that one. Sorry!!

drgnrdr
Horza
New user

Post by Horza »

Think I may have had the same problem as you, just solved it. I destroyed just enough of my own turrets to let one airship land, then killed them all. Mission ended after that.