Possible Mission bug (different)

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
FireStorm
Greenhorn

Possible Mission bug (different)

Post by FireStorm »

Ok, the mission where the supposed survivors of alpha team are pined down by lazer tanks, cyborgs and vtols

I go into the mission with no AA specific units (but my machine gunners can shot them down), i get to the "alpha" team, they say they need AA units? so i build and call for reinforcements for 4 AA units, i get them down to the site... and nothing happens... no mission completed (or continued on which its probably supposed to, like the other multi part missions)

im going to use the mission cheat to get past it but in b8 so far im having that issue, if you want the savegame please let me know

FireStorm
crux
Trained
Trained

Re: Possible Mission bug (different)

Post by crux »

did you read the walkthrough?
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

You need to get them all back to LZ.
FireStorm
Greenhorn

Post by FireStorm »

"i get them down to the site... and nothing happens... no mission completed (or continued on which its probably supposed to, like the other multi part missions) "

i just thought maybe i should put those in bold... I get the AA units down to the site where the "alpha" team is, and NOTHING HAPPENS (see the quote above), MEANING I do NOT get control of those units so I cannot bring them to the LZ...

come on guys...
Chakat_Moonshadow
New user

Post by Chakat_Moonshadow »

I'm getting the exact same thing. I make it to alpha team, but I'm not getting control of them, so I can't get them to the LZ. The walkthrough on this forum doesn't have this mission listed yet, and the walkthroughs online all say "When you get there, you will get control of them." but I'm not. I may just have to cheat to skip mission at this rate.

Also, a couple of missions later, one of the maps says you need to meet up with Beta team and take over their base. I get to the base, the objective icon goes away, but it doesn't give me control of the base - nothing else happens at all, and then when the timer runs out, mission failed. It isn't progressing at all.
Last edited by Chakat_Moonshadow on 20 Feb 2010, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Same happens to me now. xD
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Weird, it works for me...
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Zarel wrote:Weird, it works for me...
Are you sure you are using Beta 10?
kringled
Trained
Trained

Post by kringled »

KukY wrote:
Zarel wrote:Weird, it works for me...
Are you sure you are using Beta 10?
It worked for me using Beta 10 about a week or so ago.

Keith
Chakat_Moonshadow
New user

Post by Chakat_Moonshadow »

In case it's needed, I just wanna post I'm using the latest stable release, not any of the beta versions.
zimboptoo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zimboptoo »

Same problem (get to the Alpha survivers, objective dot goes away, but I don't gain control of the Alpha units). I'm using the latest trunk version. I'll try firing up beta 11 and see what happens?
DuKe2112
Trained
Trained

Post by DuKe2112 »

I just had a somewhat similar experience in alpha 5. I went to the indicated position, but nothing was there. I got another intelligence about an incoming transmission and that was it. Then i thought, isn't this game supposed to have cut scenes? Maybe the Problem is related to that.
I'm using ubuntu and trunk (mainly for the terrain textures).
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

We have a full walkthrough for alpha 5, y'know:

http://guide.wz2100.net/alpha5

The indicated position is a red herring.
DuKe2112
Trained
Trained

Post by DuKe2112 »

Yeah sure, but whats the point? If I read a walkthrough I don't need to play the game anymore. Besides a first time player should be able to do it themself. And they would naturally check for that sensor blib. (besides it's no trap, just diversion) And by reaching that destination one is supposed to reseive a message.

Well i had no problem finding that scavenger base then and get reinforcements, but so far I haven't heard anything about NP.

So the missing cut scenes just have me missing some info and a lot story, but in the other case it might be something like not playing the cut scene does not trigger the takeover.
At least I have the feeling that in places, where there might be a cut scene, I might be missing a corresponding intelligence report too.

Well I better go check were to download them and see if that changes anything.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

DuKe2112 wrote:Yeah sure, but whats the point? If I read a walkthrough I don't need to play the game anymore. Besides a first time player should be able to do it themself. And they would naturally check for that sensor blib. (besides it's no trap, just diversion) And by reaching that destination one is supposed to reseive a message.
A first time player would explore the entire map, in lieu of blips, and find the NP. You're never going to win any RTS if all you do is go where the radar blips are... This is hardly the only mission in which there are bases you have to explore to find (remember Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Alpha 3, and Alpha 4?)
DuKe2112 wrote:So the missing cut scenes just have me missing some info and a lot story, but in the other case it might be something like not playing the cut scene does not trigger the takeover.
No, nothing of the sort is happening. The game is exactly the same with and without cutscenes. The game is proceeding normally. As said, the blip is a red herring.
DuKe2112 wrote:At least I have the feeling that in places, where there might be a cut scene, I might be missing a corresponding intelligence report too.
If you don't have cutscenes installed, the Intelligence reticule-button will flash, and clicking on it will give you all the relevant information.