Possible Mission bug (different)

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
zimboptoo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Possible Mission bug (different)

Post by zimboptoo »

For what it's worth, I have cut-scenes installed, so that's not what is causing the problem (even if it could have been). I've also played through all of Alpha campaign without cutscenes, and while the storyline is non-existent and most of the missions don't make any sense, it didn't effect game-play at all.

But returning to the original topic: I assume some sort of bug report should get filed for this? I generally prefer doing things the right and proper way rather than cheating around them, but a couple more days of not being able to advance my campaign save and I might just have to bite the bullet. I imagine that campaign scripting isn't nearly so easy to fix as, say, making tank-killers fire down, but the sooner the better imho.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Can you upload your savegame?
zimboptoo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zimboptoo »

These are two save-games, one from the beginning of the mission and one where my units are sitting on top of the objective point, and I have not gained control of the Alpha units.

For reference:
Ubuntu 9.10
WZ trunk rev. 10641
No cheats or mods

I normally wouldn't worry so much about a bug in trunk, but this is a campaign scripting problem, which seems like a pretty big deal.
Attachments
At Objective.zip
Savegame - A bunch of my units, including anti-air, sitting at the objective. No control over the surviving Alpha units.
(184.76 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Beginning of Mission.zip
Savegame - the beginning of Gamma 4.
(211.21 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
yamar
Trained
Trained

Post by yamar »

For the record, the same happened for me with 2.3 RC1 on Gamma 4... I think I had to use "get off my land" to win the mission... but I cant remember if that was the cheat used. I know I had to use "let me win" on the very last mission, but I am fairly sure that was my fault.

Cheers, Yamar