Mission Alpha 7 / Problem

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
niemin28
New user

Mission Alpha 7 / Problem

Post by niemin28 »

Now, after ten failed attempts to accomplish mission 7 of the Alpha campaign, I am a bit frustrated.

I have tried to establish this forward base on several different locations, always with a minimum of four non-defence structures and four defence structures. Does the location of the forward base matter? If it does, where should I establish it? I can't find the location on the mini map either; the only blinking dot (not a red one) i have seen is on the oil pit at the upper right corner of the map, but no luck there either. I have also tried to pinpoint the correct location of the base using the intro movie, but obviously without success (i think it points to the location just above the center of the map, where the main base of the enemy was in the previous mission).

I defeated a number of enemy attack waves (approximately six of them) each time I tried the mission. I have also tried to look after some "residual" enemy troops hiding on the map, but without success.

I haven't been able to find any artifacts; is this required? If it is, where can I find one?

I would be grateful if someone bothers to give some advice (something other than the "official" walkthrough, which i have read several times). Thank you in advance!

BTW, I did also try some Googling, but no success there either.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Re: Mission Alpha 7 / Problem

Post by whippersnapper »

Have you checked-out The *NEW* Warzone guide. Done with RED units V2.2RC1 by themousemaster, which is far superior to the original, official, walkthru, HERE ? :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3051&start=15

- whip :ninja:
cchiang12
New user

Post by cchiang12 »

Ok, I'm lost, Like wippersnapper here, I can't complete this mission.
I have eliminated all the opponents and the clock is still ticking.
I don't know what to do. This is the 6th time I've replayed this, and I'm getting tired...
I already checked out the walk through... you know what, I can't figured out what I'm missing, except all the turrets that the other guy build, which I do think it is the reason....

Help.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

make sure you have found and destroyed all items in the north. and upper / lower east and center of the map... travel south on the upper side to the edge. this should have the entire map uncovered. especially the north... xD
cchiang12
New user

Post by cchiang12 »

ah. thank you coyte.
there was a small base at the edge of the north map....
I don't know why it's there... but that was it :) finally.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

a lot of people miss that one... :)
Ilr
Trained
Trained

Post by Ilr »

cchiang12 wrote:ah. thank you coyte.
there was a small base at the edge of the north map....
I don't know why it's there... but that was it :) finally.
It might not be over yet though... later you'll get a bunch of Dropships pouring out tanks an crap that will no doubt overrun your best defenses near your Original base and in the chaos, a detachment of enemy Cyborgs will likely get stuck in that same exact spot on the north Plataeu. But you might be able avoid that chaos by building a dozen Lancer bunkers guarding the chokepoint that leads to the oil well you took control of in the very first mission...
cwtchan3388
New user

Post by cwtchan3388 »

This mission has bugged me too but I think I've finally cracked it.

The area in which the green flashing dot is the area (the one with the paving and tarmac road through it) that you're supposed to set up a forward base (obv). You also need several structures in this area: a Command Relay Centre; a Factory; a Research Facility; a Power Station, a Repair Facility, and 4 hardpoints. I think that the factory needs a module, not sure about the rest although my power station had one.

I thought I had built 4 hardpoints...but it seems that they MUST be on the PAVED area, otherwise it doesn't seem to count as them having been built.

Lastly, you must destroy all the enemies in the area. Seeing as how they pretty much only drop around you, as long as you have your main battle group hanging around in the plateau north (through the valley) of the forward base , then that shouldn't be a problem.

I tested this several times as I had most of the structures (minus the Command Relay Centre and hardpoints). I thought I had 4 hardpoints in the area (I also had loads outside of it), I had 4 just outside the paved area, though one was on it, but it was only until I had 4 on the paved area that it allowed me to finish. I also tested it by only completing a subset of the required structures and it only seemed to complete when I had all of them. Though I had about 7 minutes left.
I also had a sensor tower and 8 mortars on the paved area.

Also, building all the required structures on the paved area during the previous mission seems to make it not work, so to be safe, leave one base structure to be built and the hard points to be built, and also complete the last structure after you killed some enemies (just in case).

I had the following structures on the paved area as the mission started:
1 lancer hardpoint
1 sensor tower
8 mortars
1 factory w/o modules
1 power station w/ module
1 research centre w/o module
1 repair bay

Once I figured that out, I managed to do the mission within about 5 minutes having only destroyed one group of enemies and having built the few extra required structures.
drgnrdr
Trained
Trained

Post by drgnrdr »

cwtchan3388 wrote:This mission has bugged me too but I think I've finally cracked it.

The area in which the green flashing dot is the area (the one with the paving and tarmac road through it) that you're supposed to set up a forward base (obv). You also need several structures in this area: a Command Relay Centre; a Factory; a Research Facility; a Power Station, a Repair Facility, and 4 hardpoints. I think that the factory needs a module, not sure about the rest although my power station had one.

I thought I had built 4 hardpoints...but it seems that they MUST be on the PAVED area, otherwise it doesn't seem to count as them having been built.

Lastly, you must destroy all the enemies in the area. Seeing as how they pretty much only drop around you, as long as you have your main battle group hanging around in the plateau north (through the valley) of the forward base , then that shouldn't be a problem.

I tested this several times as I had most of the structures (minus the Command Relay Centre and hardpoints). I thought I had 4 hardpoints in the area (I also had loads outside of it), I had 4 just outside the paved area, though one was on it, but it was only until I had 4 on the paved area that it allowed me to finish. I also tested it by only completing a subset of the required structures and it only seemed to complete when I had all of them. Though I had about 7 minutes left.

Also, building all the required structures on the paved area during the previous mission seems to make it not work, so to be safe, leave one base structure to be built and the hard points to be built, and also complete the last structure after you killed some enemies (just in case).

1 lancer hardpoint
1 sensor tower
8 mortars
1 factory w/o modules
1 repair bay

Once I figured that out, I managed to do the mission within about 5 minutes having only destroyed one group of enemies and having built the few extra required structures.
Actually the minimum you need is:

1 research center
1 command relay center on top of the plateau
2 hardpoints on the cement where the green dot is

I usually put 4 hardpoints at the ramp up to the attack area(but still on the cement), but only 2 get built before the mission ends.

Also if the enemy does not attack you lose anyway.

drgnrdr
o0hshift
Rookie
Rookie

Post by o0hshift »

plz help me finish alpha 7:

before. we are need destroy the last enemy base -> start mission alpha 7 :

and when misson 7 start:
with my army: no one enemy can escape. i kill all after enemy transport.
i know 3 place enemy can transport:

after 30 minutes. the alert mission failed. i tired. i play more 10 times for only misson 7 alpha and im stuck here.

all map clear. i using cheat deity for see all. but nothing found enemy.

everybody can help me? thanks

warzone 2010 version 3.10
Attachments
alpha 7.zip
file save alpha 6. destroy last enemy base to start alpha 7 misson
(67.99 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
o0hshift
Rookie
Rookie

Post by o0hshift »

drgnrdr wrote:
cwtchan3388 wrote:This mission has bugged me too but I think I've finally cracked it.

1 lancer hardpoint
1 sensor tower
8 mortars
1 factory w/o modules
1 repair bay

Actually the minimum you need is:

1 research center
1 command relay center on top of the plateau
2 hardpoints on the cement where the green dot is

I usually put 4 hardpoints at the ramp up to the attack area(but still on the cement), but only 2 get built before the mission ends.

Also if the enemy does not attack you lose anyway.

drgnrdr
i will try and respond result later. thanks for help
after follow introduction. i build build and build..... heee i finish after 2 waves. thanks for help.